Tinnitus and Your Eyes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alek, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Alek

Alek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 15, 2014
      Since I have gotten tinnitus my eyes have been regularly bloodshot. In the morning they are red and regularly get red after going for long walks.

My eyelids can be seen as more droopy in the post tinnitus pictures I am in more often than not, not to mention that that is how I have been feeling every since tinnitus has entered into my life.

I feel as if my vision has decreased and MUCH more out of focus since my tinnitus has started. I have had my eyes checked out and the doctor says my eyes are 100% healthy. Moreover I would like to add that I myself feel very zoned out and out of focus in real time.

I am 5 months in since onset.

Can anyone else relate to this because pre-tinnitus my eyes were very normal and never like they are currently on the regular. Are things out of focus for you as well? Do you feel zoned out?
      __________________________________________________________________________

Thank you

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      It's probably the anxiety and stress that comes with T. Hopefully your eyes will get better as you adjust and also with any luck get better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alek

Alek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 15, 2014
      Just a bump if anyone has any honest comments about my question

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Zoned out? Hell Ya, I feel like I haven't slept (even though I sleep fine these days) or truely relaxed in over a year since this all started. I don't wake up rested ever.

My eyes are good, they just look bad compared to prior to T.

Are you not sleeping? Taking meds? These things could cause vision issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      How did you get T. I had high intracranial pressure which caused my eye to bust red for a few weeks.

I got a Lumbar Puncture to lower icp.

6. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Precisely! Since T I feel like a zombie. Or being poisoned/intoxicated.. every day I wait for the day to recover/wake up from this nightmare.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alek

Alek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 15, 2014
      Does habituation mean I will no longer feel zoned out and/or zombie? Will It ever be the same again? Because Telis and Ninyu nailed it!!!

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      It varies for every individual, depending on the type of tinnitus... more sinister issues or typical noise-exposure hearing loss resulting in "objective tinnitus of phantom sense of hearing" blah blah blah.
      YES, tinnitus sufferers (as myself) who have extreme tinnitus have major problems sleeping. :wideyed:
      Are you over-weight? Has anyone say "you snore" or find yourself waking up with breathing issues? You may require a CPAP, due to not getting enough oxygen to your brain (& ears). If you truly feel concerned regarding your vision, have can see an ophthalmologist, (not optometrist) as they can test/document any vision-loss, eye-pressure that may be occurring from intracranial pressure (like Ricky81 mentioned).

• Informative Informative x 1
    10. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      PT since 1988. T with H since June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes! I have this too. Blood shot eye and tinnitus both on the left side. I thought I was going mad. A few months after my tinnitus started I noticed blurry vision in my left eye, I now have to wear glasses but only for the left side, the right side is just plain glass with no correction.

I get numbness down the left side of my face.

I found this: http://www.freemd.com/s2/1484/bloodshot-eyes-tinnitus-symptom.htm
      There is 1 rare condition that can cause Bloodshot Eyes and Tinnitus Symptom: Relapsing Polychondritis

Not sure if this is it but it could be a lead. I know this post is old but if you haven't already get a blood test done to check for auto-immune disorders.

11. rhull
      Alone

rhull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guess I was born with it. Never not known life without T
      No bloodshot for me, but I do feel kind of surreal sometimes when looking at things. Not sure how to describe it really, but I look at tv for example and it doesn't seem to be how it used to be.

12. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      since I got noise trauma I started taking very powerful anti oxidants as they may help..

Namely:

NAC
      L-Carnitnine
      Hydrogen
      CoQ10
      Vitamin C
      Melatonin

Each and Everyday for the last 4 months..

As a result, my eyes are now very sharp these days..I spend all day looking at my PC screen then 2 hours on my Iphone commuting then again hours at home on the PC like now, and my eyes definitely aren't as tired as before and the vision - the small letters on screen etc.. stay so sharp it almost hurts

We know that anti oxidants are important for hearing preservation but have even more effect on the eyes..

13. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      My vision does seem somewhat more blurry since I developed tinnitus. I assume its the anxiety. Also, quite a few people on the board have reported developing floaters.

14. PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      Yes my floaters have defintely got much worse

15. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      PT since 1988. T with H since June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've definitely noticed time looking at computer screens have made my eye and headaches worse. I wear polarising lenses now that have a yellow tint and try to reduce time on these devices.

How do you take Hydrogen??

16. rhull
      Alone

rhull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guess I was born with it. Never not known life without T
      Had my first floater in 30 years last week during my flu. Thankful that a migraine didn't follow.

17. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Hydrogen is added to water at 1ppm - hydrogen rich water in special aluminum pouches
      There is one study on the protection of hair cells during acoustic trauma following such hydrogen water intake

• Helpful Helpful x 1