Tinnitus at Young Age

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jocke, Aug 10, 2017.

1. jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      First of all i am new to this forum and if i did anything wrong let me know

Okay, so I want to write here about my tinnitus to feel a little better. My name is Johannes and I am a 13 year old boy.

Okay so I got tinnitus last week from a firecracker explosion without any hearing protection (I know it is sooo dumb).

So directly after the explosion my ears got clogged for maybe 30 seconds and then I heard a mild beeping sound in both ears. By the way it was not a loud explosion. I got soooo scared at first and my heart was pounding crazy.

After maybe 10 minutes the beeping sound got lower and I thought will be over soon" but no. After a while the beep stopped in my right ear. But it was still kinda annoying.

So I had a hard time sleeping that night because I was kind of freaked out by it.

So I woke up the next day and it was still there so I just got up and searched for it.

But then I got more freaked out because I read on a page that a guy had said that his tinnitus got worse and his hearing got bad.

But then I found this forum and read only successful stories about tinnitus and I got calm again.

Now when I had it for a week I am getting a little bit sad because it is not gone. I don't want it to get worse I mean I am only 13:(.

I have not been to any doctors yet but I will. So I am wondering if it will go away or if it will stay.

Please try to be as positive as you can so I won't freak out more. Thank you!!

ps i promise if i will get much better or if i will be cured i will post it

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      I think getting your ears checked at your doctors would be a good thing.
      This will rule out ear wax or infection.
      Hearing test could be good to have also.
      After that if all ok I'm sure given some time your sound should settle down and could even go away.
      Time is a great healer.
      Keep posting as we are here around the clock to support you .
      Try stay relaxed as stress can spike tinnitus too!
      Love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      im 14, I doubt this helps but i've had tinnitus for a year

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Young fella, things are going to be fine. You are scared and I was once there as well. Your tinnitus might go away or it might stay. We cannot tell what is going to happen. You need to try to relax, this is a weird thing, but it takes time and you can adjust. You need to stay away from loud noises and places. They can increase the volume of your tinnitus...

Take care...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Mine went away when I was 16 after loud noise exposure. Just FIY. But took some time.
      I have second occurrence now and it is worse then ever. So, if it goes away, be superprotective the rest of your life..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @glynis Thank you for telling me this

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @fishbone Thank you for your respond. First when i got T i searched around verry often and i have in mind that it may not be my whole life. So thank you for making me more comfortable

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @Zeneth Okay sorry to hear that:(. But i have read that for some peapole it can take years for there T to dissapear or cure. So i think just dont give

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @w-drak Okay. I actually thougt that if i get another chanse like it goes away i will NOT toutch a singel fireckreacker without any hearing protection or even at all. And i have been using earplugs since i got T so it wont become worse. But i was at a cruise yesterday and on my way to the ship there was a baby who sat next to me and cried ALOT and i was super scared it would affect my T but i had earplugs on so i dont think it did too much damage.Right now i am praying it will go away or atleast get quieter. Btw English is not my first language so it may be some non correct spelled words but i hope you will understand me anyway

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      And i also have a question. I am a PC nerd and a gamer so i have a headset on me often. Can i still have them on and play games just at low volume or should i just skip them completely. And if there is something else i can do to either make my T not so loud or prevent any further damage that would be great if you could share that

11. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      You are in a great place and are truly very lucky. 30 years ago i would have given everything to have had a place like this. If i had mentors, then my ringing would have been WAY WAY lower....Consider yourself very blessed :)

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @fishbone I am glad to hear that i am in a good place with my T :). From now on i will try to prevent any further damage and pray and hope it will go away

• Winner Winner x 1
    13. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      You are very young, give it some time! How severe your T is? Do you hear it while listening to TV or so? Mine "young one" was mild, but I was able to hear it a lot in night. And then it resolved. And now this stupid mistake. Dammit.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @w-drak My T has changed a little bit since i was at the cruise. First it was actually quite low. But when i came home after the cruise i laid down in bed and i noticed that it was louder than before so i took a Mangnesium pill and started to relax and see if that would help wich it did. And i have not been abel to sleep as much as i need. Since i got my T i have not been able to sleep more than 7 hours wich may sound quite good but i need 10 to not get soo tierd in the morning and the rest of the day. During the day i dont notice the T and i am so glad i dont but when i am going to sleep it is annoying so i have a hard time to sleep now. And i am sorry that your T came back:(

15. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      How long did it last the first time? Did it gradual fade away or spontaniously?

16. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I have to admit that I don't know. I suspect gradual fade... And some habituation maybe also... I tried to find some old reports, but it was 12-13 years ago...

17. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      That is very similar to mine first. First calm yourself. That is the most important with mild T (also with T in general, but I am totally struggling). Back then I actually realised that a lot of people has tinnitus to some point, but their mind is totally ignoring it. And if it not intrusive during a day, I will forget it (or it will go away). And that is what happened.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @w-drak Thanks for the awnser. And how were you free from T before it returning? and how did it return, over night or on a concert?

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      And i need some advise here. So have a intrest in fighter jets hehe. And i will proably attend to a flight day in september. I have no idea if i will skip it or just have earplugs and earmuffs. Well i might aswell watch the planes from a distance so i dont get to much noise exposure

20. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Festival. With ear plugs. But I felt bad being there even with them, but I stayed... That was my fault..

21. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      That is hard to say. Depends on level of your healing I would say. And just be protective.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      Ok. So its in the middel of the night were i live and i had some pain in my head probably because i drank too little water. So i was going down stairs to ask my mom for a painkiller and i was thinking wait i dont hear my T anymore so i was quite happy about it but as soon as i got to bed again it started. I have not taken the painkiller yet because i wont risk the T to come back so yeah its quite weird right now

23. w-drak
      Digging it

w-drak Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      I don't want to tell you you will be 100% fine, but please try to not get worried about it if it is this mild. :) But when it is finally ok, don't forget post your success.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      Today i called a ENT to book a time to check my hearing. They said it might go away and might not. To cover up my T when i sleep i got suggested to have a radio on or someting else.:)

25. josho771

josho771 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Can you hear your T through the day when your busy? Or only when it's quite?

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @josho771 only when its quiet or if i have super low volume on the tv.

27. josho771

josho771 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @jocke yeah you are the same as me, I can't hear it unless it's quite like going to sleep or just in a quite room, if I'm out and about I can't hear it, how long you had it for?

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @josho771 i have had mine for 8 days to be exact. Did you get your T overnight? has it got better with time?

But my T is strange, if i listen to tv or something else and i go directly in to a queit room i cant hear it for a minute then it starts again at the same volume.

29. josho771

josho771 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      @jocke I've only had mine for 3 days now unfortunately, but I just got mine out of the blue one night randomly lol, but I don't stress about it, when you hear the noise just carry whatever your doing like watching tv or whatever, best not to stress about it

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jocke
      Balanced

jocke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Firecracker
      @josho771 have you been listening to music or something else. ¨

I read about a guy that got T overnight but it disappeared after a coupel of days. So if you just got it for no reason you should not worrie to much because it may dissapear soon. i am not saying it will a 100% but i just heard that it did for another person so it might do the same for you.:)