Tinnitus Cured (Changed Diet to One Rich in Polyphenols)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by bitrunner, Jun 29, 2016.

1. bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      I started suffering from tinnitus a little over a year ago after getting bitten by several ticks. I went to the ear doctor and he said there was no cure, and I would have to adjust by listening to white noise. I wasn't satisfied with the answer, and my PC told have I had a blocked eustachion tube. The recommended treatment was either sudafed or mucinex, neither of which helped. Gargling red Pepper helped a little, but didn't solve the problem. I discovered accidentally that the tinnitus would go away if I had a complete bowel movement, leading me to believe that it had something to do with an imbalance in my gut bacteria.

to make a long story short, I changed my diet to one rich in polyphenols. Polyphenols feed the good bacteria, and one of the richest sources of polyphenol is peppermint leaves and cloves. I tried both, along with eating foods high in resistant starch, and the tinnitus disappeared. So every day I make a smoothie with foods high in polphenols- google for a list- along with several doses of peppermint teas leaves. I also eat a cup of home made Greek yogurt. Adding prebiotics to your diet might also help.

I hope this helps those who are suffering. Best I can determine is that getting your gut bacteria in balance reduces inflammation , and therefore helps reduce swelling in the eustachion tube.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. InfiniteLoop
      Relaxed

InfiniteLoop Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss in left ear from head trauma (?)
      @bitrunner

I share some parallels with your story. In my case, it is not finished and I can not say that I am cured yet. Your approach brings up the very overlooked root cause of microbial overgrowth/imbalance. There is this misunderstanding that pathogens will cause large infections, but in our body there are several pounds of bacteria, virus and fungi that live in symbiosis with our organism. There are many risk factors to get an imbalance in the micro biome and if the wrong kind of commensal microorganism ends up in the wrong place one can start having unexpected symptoms. For example, in the middle ear or somewhere in the auditory system, one will not get a full blown infection, in fact in many cases will be just an overgrowth, and in the auditory system will easily cause tinnitus without having many other symptoms. People that gets idiopatic T without a clear root cause and have complex sounds and patterns should check the possiblity of microbial overgrowth and the most common is the fungal type. More comments on my story are at the following thread

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...er-taking-anti-fungal-drug.11142/#post-186478

but I do not want get into lengthy explanations until I get an outcome. By the way, did you have T only in the ear that has the Eustachian tube problem? Was your T sound complex?
      Congratulations for getting rid of the T and following your own path to health.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      The tinnitus occurred in both ears and was loud. Not complex.
      I tried a lot of different things to find a cure, but taking the peppermint leaves in water made the most notable difference in the shortest period of time. Resistant starch- green bananas, cooked baked potatoes eaten cold, plantains, chick peas - also helped.
      If you get your microbiome in balance, you will improve your health in so many ways, plus you will lessen your need for drugs like naproxen and acetimetephen because your inflammation will go away.

4. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Bullshit

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. trocobob

trocobob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Did you tried it ?
      Normally. Some treatments work for some sufferers . Others not.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      Which part of science is BS? Polyphenols? Microbiome? Balancing gut flora?
      Give us your reasons.

7. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Polyphenols has nothing to do with balancing the gut flora with Good bacteria (healthy Microbiome).

Fibers ( Transformed into short chained fatty acides that feeds the good bateria)
      Glutamine
      Probiotics

These helps the gut.

8. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      I have noted no difference in diet help or worsen my T

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      Are you telling us this doctor is wrong?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bitrunner

bitrunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tick bite
      • Like Like x 1