Tinnitus from iPhone

Discussion in 'Support' started by terry b, Nov 23, 2015.

1. terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      Hey, new here .... I have a severe case of tinituss which is getting me down.... It started about 6 weeks ago where I could hear static out of my left ear ..... since then or at least since a week Thursday, I made a stupid mistake of putting my ears against the back of my iPhone and almost in an instance noises started in my ear......

Been a week now and the experience has been weird - I can hear all kinds of electric noises in both ears predominantly the left but worse like some kind of sic fi film where I feel if I went to the hospital I would be unbelieved, my ears (or brain) is connecting with outside technology like my ear/brain has become a radar ... I cant connect to myself to a laptop/phone/ etc Im not saying that :) but serious I think something has transferred over from my phone (it was the back that was against my ears I was using an app)

Its such a depressing feeling - I can hear the noises in my head/ears but know that Im in such a hopeless situation - my ears are vibrating and spasms occur ......

Does anyone believe this can happen

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Terry,
      Have you had your ears checked for wax build up or Infection etc.
      I don't think your phone could cause that much of a problem unless had music etc on really loud and near your ear for a long time .
      Emf should not cause such a spike for that length of time in my opinion. ....lots of love glynis

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI Terry,

Sorry to hear about your discomfort. I tend to agree with Glynis. Do you listen to music through earphones or use the iphone alot pressed against your ear? Some people are sensitive to mobile phones when used for long durations. Try using the speaker phone. If you listen to music through earphones consider giving your ears a rest for a while. If you do listen to music through earphones, when you resume be careful not to play the music too loud.
      All the best
      Michael

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      terry b

terry b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      counting the years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It happened
      ?»»»…hi thanks for your messages .... yes no I dont know whats happened but I'm not going mad its honestly I have a loud data sound like a mobile morse code but ten times faster and sounds like a phone connecting and in my right ear sounds of other connections but at the back of my head....... its horrible I feel half human half computer .... I only wish I was I had mental issues and that was the real answer but I know for sure its not .... I knew straight away when it happened and threw a sleeping tablet down me hoping it would go away and woke at 5 the next morning only to still hear........

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Terry b,
      Tinnitus can cause lots of sounds,low,medium,high,really high and pulsitile and fluttering.
      Also one we forget called musical tinnitus and heard in the head and well documented.
      Maybe you have a touch of that in some form as we all are different .
      I would keep your doctor aware of what you hear and if not already,get a MRI and some tests done.
      We do believe you are hearing what you hear even if it's out side the box.
      Keep pushing for answers and what relief you can get.
      Steroids for a week might help but talk to your doctor.
      Keep posting for support as we are all here for you.....lots of love glynis

6. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Well.. A cellphone and other such devices are considered a class B carcinogen, equal to diesel exhaust etc. It emits non ionizing radiation, but there are so many radio waves from cellphone towers and other things broadcast these days... Who knows?
      Would be kind of odd for sure if your T was caused by your iPhone.

7. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      ears revolt ( ringing ) to cheap/crappy speakers.

I got a new cell phone. Just a generic one. It works great in everyway ......except, learned REAL Quick that my ears do not like its little speaker!

I never use my phone, when making voice calls, in the conventional method ....rather, i immediately put the call on speaker phone, so nothing is up right on my ear.

8. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I've been doing that more as well. It's much more comfortable.