Tinnitus in Left Ear Since April, Along with Dull Ache Around the Back of the Ear

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Liddell, Jul 14, 2020.

1. John Liddell

John Liddell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I started to do experience tinnitus in April this year. I believe it is in my left ear. I went to my doctor who had a look but as he could not see anything he said to go back in a few weeks if it hadn't settled down... well it hasn't settled down and I am now going to try and see a doctor depending on their COVID-19 restrictions.

One of the things I have noticed or I think I have is a dull ache around the back of my ears but mainly the left. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do about this?

As I said I have had no tinnitus up until this year and to be honest I have no real faith in my GPs to come up with anything useful. I was going to ask for an ENT referral. Thank you.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Seeing an ENT is probably your best option as the dull pain may suggest some hidden problem (not scaring you nut needing to check out). You may be just having ETD or some sinus inflammation and these are causes of tinnitus. Those are easy to fix. So check it out first. Good luck. God bless.