Tinnitus & Nausea

Discussion in 'Support' started by Richard Wallace, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Since my tinnitus has picked up I've noticed a decrease in my appetite and I'm starting to get some nausea everyday. Does anyone else have these same traits going on with their tinnitus? Rich

2. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      That could be anxiety ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. geg1992
      English

geg1992 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure + Antibiotics
      It's probably anxiety. I suffer badly and I threw up the other night and am still unable to eat over 800 calories a day. Once my mood picks up it will be fine and I'm sure yours will be too.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Anxiety is the culprit for sure. I suffered decades from anxiety & panic disorders prior to T and am quite familiar of most of the symptoms. Dizziness and nausea, loss of appetite & nervous stomach (losing weight though, LOL), sleeplessness, losing hair, disoriented, chest tightness/pain, shortness of breath, feeling of impending doom, loss of will power, intolerant of loud sounds, etc. etc. Here is a longer list:
      http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiet...1c_RhC68nlZdE-J-ytcHKLUcu65Qv1AOPtxoCEKPw_wcB

5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      do you have any problems with your balance?

6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I eat way more now with T. It's like I can't sit still with this crap. Tons of snacks and crunchy stuff like chips. Masks the T a bit and takes the edge off. Besides that, with T I've lost the ability to really give a crap about my diet anymore.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Thanks to all who responded. Yes, I do have anxiety issues. It's worsened since this tinnitus has increased. I will be honest and this is probably true with most of us here, I think we worry ourselves into higher levels of anxiety worrying about if this stuff is going to get worse or finally get disabling. I know I do. To answer DebinAustralia, I do have a lot of pressure in my ears and am lightheaded quite a bit. It does throw my balance off some. Rich