Tinnitus Tones That Slowly Weave In and Out?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keith Handy, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Keith Handy
      Ape-like

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + sleep deprivation + noise
      Anyone have tones that slowly weave in and out? Not to the rate of your pulse, but much slower, like 20-30 seconds in, 20-30 seconds out? I know my tinnitus reacts to both sound and stress; but even in quiet and stillness, there's this slow cycling quality to it, and I'm wondering what that could mean.

I haven't seen something like this in other threads thus far, and wouldn't even know what search terms to use to find it.

2. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

Do you mean all the time or just episodically? Every 2 weeks or so I have crickets.

I also get kind of a roaring sound a few times a month (it's getting less).

3. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Just curious but does it matter how your neck is positioned? Or your jaw? Or does it cycle no matter what?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Keith Handy
      Ape-like

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If I turn my head all the way to the left, another tone comes in momentarily, but the other sounds aren't affected by movements as far as I can tell.

5. Jacks

Jacks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I do. This started back in December for me and has not improved since. Sitting here listening to it now and it's maddening; 20 seconds on, 20 seconds off, cycles, and it goes between both sides of the head. It's lower than the significantly super high pitch I also have. Getting pretty hard to live with this.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Keith Handy
      Ape-like

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ugh, yeah... I get the impression that something is swollen, and causing a blood vessel to back up until it builds up enough pressure to push the blood through. With the disclaimer that I know about as much about medical topics as I do about cars (nothing), I can't think of any other thing that would be causing a slow rise and fall of pressure, and I would think it has to involve rising and falling pressure in a specific location.