Tinnitus Went After 7 Years — Slightly Altered Diet — Cow Dairy

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Uba, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Uba

Uba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple factors
      I had very reactive tinnitus in my left ear for 7 years and had lost hope... had been depressed for some months of the year and was so frustrated with it. Tried lots of things to see if it made any difference, including B12 supplements, homeopathy etc... Knew certain things made it worse like alcohol and stress and being exposed to loud sounds (which I'm still quite sensitive to now).

Having been a session musician (bass guitar) for that time and having played in samba bands/loud percussion groups etc for 7 years previous (with earplugs) I just figured I'd knackered out my ears and that was that. So a couple of years ago I decided to stop doing the sessions and just carry on making a living with my African drumming teaching in primary schools a couple of days a week, however mostly in small groups of 6 to limit sound. The tinnitus did get a bit better.

However the big change occurred when I took some advice from a previous fellow tinnitus sufferer and fellow bassist to stop eating cow dairy. I was very reluctant at first, but took the plunge around 6 months ago. I was amazed.. the tinnitus went completely after a couple of weeks! I occasionally eat goats cheese, and instead of milk I drink oat milk etc now.. I was so pleased I can't tell you how amazing this was after the years of sleepless nights. I'm only posting this now as I tried an experiment... I've not been at school doing the drumming for 10 weeks and basically went back on cow dairy for a week to see what happened, and to see if my ears can take it... lo and behold the tinnitus has returned.. But I'm not panicking as I'm pretty confident it will eventually go away now I've stopped eating cow cheese/milk/yogurt again.

Not drinking alcohol as well really helps.

I sincerely hope someone sees this and tries it out and gets the same results as me.. That's why I'm posting (haven't ever posted before).

Wishing everyone out there all the best, stay strong and good luck. xx

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      I don’t drink milk and I have severe severe severe reactive tinnitus.

I’m glad it worked for you though :)
      You could have been sensitive to milk and not know it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uba

Uba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple factors
      p.s. I insist that the kids I teach wear ear defenders and I warn them at length about the very real possibility of tinnitus

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uba

Uba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple factors
      @Layla23 I'm sorry to hear that. I know, so many factors contribute to tinnitus in so many forms in different people. I really hope yours goes away

• Like Like x 1
    5. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      it’s okay! It is what it is.

I’m signed up for stem cell therapy. I’m just saving up for it. But I also have eye issues from my T so that’s a completely different sorry.

Thank you for sharing though :) Just because it didn’t work for me doesn’t mean it won’t work for someone else. @Uba

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uba

Uba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple factors
      Thank you @Layla23 your case sounds quite complex with your eyes as well. Wishing you all the best with the stem cell therapy

7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Uba

Thanks for sharing your story. I was wondering if you've tried raw, organic milk products. I consider pasteurized, commercial dairy and raw, organic dairy as entirely different food products. -- Congratulations on your success!

8. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Congrats! As a fellow bass player I miss it rumbling my booty :(

9. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      This is great and gives hope, thanks for sharing

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Uba

Uba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      multiple factors
      @Lane Thanks for your comment. I must say I agree! I haven't managed to source such items, but when the T goes away completely again (fingers crossed) perhaps I'll give it a try. I've also been eating organic veg/fruit/meat for just over 1 year, I'm sure this has probably helped the body to cleanse in general.. who knows if it contributed to the disappearance of T?

Many thanks for your comments guys. Best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Have you really signed up to stem cell therapy? Are they pluripotent?

What is the main goal you are primarily pursuing this therapy for - to reduce / cure ringing in the ears or some other diseases more suitable for this therapy?

I'm just convinced that stem cells will not have a therapeutic effect on tinnitus or damaged hair cells.

I don't understand why people believe in such questionable, and often fraudulent, therapies?

It costs unreasonably big money.

Would it not be better to donate 25% of this amount to various institutions that are working on a real therapy for regeneration / treatment of tinnitus?

12. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I wonder if your tinnitus was linked to excess inflammation and cutting out dairy reduced this? Not a well evidenced theory (the tinnitus/inflammation link) but there seems to be some anecdotal accounts of a link in some cases. I have developed many conditions since an implant surgery; tinnitus is the only one without an official link to inflammation but I note it's quite a common symptom in others who've had the same implant surgery. But my tinnitus always spikes hugely if I have any kind of infection, cold, flu or vomiting bug.

13. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Please post an update post after getting the treatment. We would all love to know more about it!

14. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      Very encouraging. Dairy and Gluten can create transglutaminase (TG) 2 serum autoantibodies, and there may be TG blocker meds in the near future. Google T2 study around this topic.

I was doing great after months of no dairy (Oat Milk). But then I had a Pizza and Bojangles biscuits. Within a 3-day span, terrible stomach pains, higher pitch and louder tinnitus.

There's definitely a link. I'm waiting for my body to detox today, drinking lots of water and exercise to flush. 2 weeks is what I hear is the minimum amount to detox, however, it's still going to be in your fat cells for months.

Some Advice:
      • Keep Non-Dairy Non-Gluten snacks with you on the road. For me it's Almonds, Carrots, Plant Protein Shakes.
      • Don't wait until you're hungry.
      • Make sure to drink a minimum of 1/2 gallon (2 liters) a day.
      • Breathe to get thru.
      Love and Peace - Ryan

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    15. Aryhian

Aryhian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pfizer vaccine
      Found your post interseting and ties in with my ENT's test for thyroid autoimmune antobodies which was one of the first steps she took as I previously had thyroid autoimmune disease. No sign of that as the cause. I am curious if you continued to be able to control your tinnitus by keeping off dairy?

16. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Interesting, how long have you been gluten and dairy free?

17. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      I haven't eaten dairy for years. Still have tinnitus.

18. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      This has nothing to do with my tinnitus, but I stopped using cow milk about 15 years ago, due to problems with the casein. Goat milk does not give me symptoms. I purchase powdered goat milk in containers that make a few quarts each. It tastes just as good if not better than cow's milk, and it's much healthier according to experts.