Transcranial Stimulation Treatments (rTMS & tDCS & tACS)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by exodus, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      It's supposed to reduce tinnitus distress, not loudness.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Christiaan
      Vegged out

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bloody headphones in 2016,worsened in 2020
      I completely forgot about the webinar! @Autumnly, do you happen to have a link to the webinar? Can't find it anywhere. If not, I hope they will put the video on the website.

Interestingly, I had a discussion with Dr. Jacquemin a week ago about the tDCS programme and she told me that she works closely with Dr. Shekhawat, who did a successful study in HD-tDCS intervention (decrease in loudness, link: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00702-017-1808-6). So I assume she would also be informed about the probable benefit that tDCS intervention could entail when it concerns tinnitus loudness, not only tinnitus annoyance.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I only know about the link I posted above, I'm not sure if they're going to upload the webinar. Yes, she mentioned that other researchers saw a reduction in tinnitus loudness in tDCS trials.

• Like Like x 1
    4. BBakkers
      Not amused

BBakkers Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2011, Spike 2019, Spike 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1e Loud Music, 2e earwax irrigation, 3e padel tennis
      Why are we not so postive about these studies? I mean this study shows a lot of promise (see link, below)? Or do I miss something?

This study was the first attempt to optimize the settings of tDCS for DLPFC stimulation to modulate tinnitus, especially to optimize the number of sessions needed for tinnitus suppression. TDCS of DLPFC resulted in a significant reduction of tinnitus loudness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5974180/

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. Tomas80

Tomas80 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow. Maybe stress?
      I tried it. No change.