Transcranial Stimulation Treatments (rTMS & tDCS & tACS)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by exodus, Apr 18, 2012.

1. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      Are you sure it's tDCS and not Neurofeedback? In tDCS, I have never heard of there being any feedback / reward tones. In Neurofeedback those tones are common.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      You are absolutely right - it's Neurofeedback. I must have been drunk when I wrote that.

3. Ben Winders
      Pensive

Ben Winders Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      With the Deanxit I have a hard time hearing my tinnitus - even in the semi-quiet room they put you in during Neurofeedback (I hear the electrical buzz now, although House is rather quiet, TV is playing in the background). I still have bouts of fleeting tinnitus (today 3 episodes of them, both left and right ear), electrical hiss in both ears, with higher frequency beeping in my right ear.

I still need white noise to sleep. I haven't heard the low buzzing tinnitus for a while now. I also have a reactive component (when I put the dishwasher on or my MacBook starts its fans up).

To answer your question: I don't feel the Neurofeedback is doing much, but maybe there isn't much to be gained. I should stop Deanxit and see how bad it becomes again.

Googling Deanxit it turns out it's not available, for example, in the US, because Deanxit was produced in Denmark but it is not on the market there. I believe the US has a rule that if a certain drug is not on the market where it was conceived, they are not allowing it.

Deanxit explains this as: we just never asked approval for the Danish market (and for other markets they are not being sold). I don't know if that's true or why they didn't apply for these markets.

Keep in mind that the Brai3n doctor that put me on Deanxit also wanted me to take Clonazepam, but I'm not taking that one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1