Trip to Hospital from Anxiety

Discussion in 'Support' started by aberob, Oct 21, 2017.

1. aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      a variant of meniers maybe, and or anxiety
      Just got home from the hospital. I had to call an ambulance as I woke up at 1am with chest pains.

I have not been eating or sleeping well the last week. My heart is good from all the tests they ran thru the night and morning. They said it must be from anxiety as I have been stressing about my left ear with the tinnitus (which has been louder that ever with more tones), pressure, and low tone hearing loss driving me up the wall lately.

It must be Meniere's, TMD or a combination of both. My family Dr started me on citalopram this week for the anxiety.

I am relieved and thank God my heart is good. Now to figure the rest out. Prayers are needed!

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @aberob , I glad that the chest pains turned out to be anxiety related. I do not know how common that is, but I certainly have had a number of trips to the hospital and have seen cardiologists (had stress tests, worn a heart monitor, etc..) to have mine explained as due to stress and anxiety.

I am sure you know, but anxiety, stress, and depression do feed into tinnitus and tinnitus will feed into anxiety, stress, and depression. It created a feedback loop with each making the other worse. The good news it that many people here have had good luck with maintaining a positive attitude and staying calm and those actions helping their tinnitus.

If you believe that you may have Meniere's, TMD or a combination of both, I hope you have expressed those concerns to your Dr. S/he may be able to help, and I believe that TMD can be addressed and by addressing it that may result in a reduction in your tinnitus symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Glad you are ok :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Kolisar
      Thank you for your reply. It was a scary experience. The anxiety and tinnitus is a terrible cycle. I have written a thorough letter with everything to take to the ENT when I see her this Nov. Now I have to add this episode to the letter. I am glad your heart is ok too. That is at least one thing not to worry about. They are going to schedule a cat scan for me. I hope they do it soon and I can stop stressing about my head.

6. Kolisar
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @aberob

That is the tricky part. It is difficult, and as anyone who knows me will attest, I worry a LOT, but if you can stay calm and try not to stress about this it will help.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Kolisar
      it is hard to be calm, i am trying. I have not been sleeping well lately. my Family dr just put me on citalopram 20mg so i am trying to adjust to it. and being on it gives me anxiety, i worry about what the side effects may do and how long i need to take it. it is the only med i am on. before sept i was doing great and coping well, i don't know what caused my issues in sept. I hope i get this settled soon.

8. Kolisar
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @aberob
      I certainly understand. I hate taking medication of any kind, even over the counter stuff. I have heard a saying, "Worrying is like jogging in place, it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere". Worrying about the side effects will not prevent them, and they were prescribed by your doctor, so you probably need to take the medication. As frustrating as it is, you have to trust your doctor. S/he is trained and has your best interests in mind. IF you experience any worrying side effects you need to inform your doctor, but unless that, or the medication does not appear to be helping, you have to try to trust the doctor's training and let him/her take care of you.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      aberob

aberob Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks. the thing that is very concerning for me is the fact that tinnitus is a confirmed side effect of citralopram. I am seeing my dr in the morning. Maybe he can change it to something else. I was on it over 5yrs ago and I did not have tinnitus before that.