Tyson Fury's Encouraging Words

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by El BUZZ, Feb 25, 2020.

1. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I am a big boxing fan myself and anyone familiar with Tyson Fury would know what the guy has been through. Besides being a media showman, a terrific athlete and an excentric character, the guy is a beautiful soul.

Watch this video:

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I’m a Tyson Fury fan and think he’s done a remarkable job advocating for mental health issues. One of the presenters on Talk Sport, I believe it was Jim White, told a story the other day that he randomly bumped into him when he was out and about and said the generosity of the man was palpable. He asked if he could do an interview with him there and then as a Talk Sport exclusive and he said only if you let me talk about mental health. Jim White went on to say how impressed he was with him and that he really does use every opportunity to bring it up. He has no doubt said and done some questionable things in the past but I believe that was during a very self-destructive time.

I also remember when he went to an England football game and bought every fan there a drink. It would be awesome to have someone advocate for tinnitus the way he does mental health.

I also like this clip where he talks about how fake social media is and how destructive it can be. One things for sure, he keeps it real:

• Like Like x 1
    3. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you so much for this gem buddy.
      Beautiful soul - so true.
      His total honesty is heroic.
      He has no interest in maintaining a false image.
      He absolutely is who he appears to be.

To somebody like me, whose fractured childhood left me deeply schizoid for years, until I could discover the way back, he speaks volumes.
      Thank you Buzz.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      ‘Wow - thanks for this Ed.
      I’m being bombarded with great stuff today.’

• Like Like x 2