Uncomfortable Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kain, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Kain
      Disappointed

Kain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      excessive loud music through earbuds
      Hello all, so today my left ear has been bothering me since I got home from picking up my siblings from school.

I'm not sure if some of my hearing is muffled or if I lost some hearing. The only thing that I came across that was loud was a yard working using a weed trimmer.

Of course I had plugged my ears and walked passed him and kept them plugged till I felt I was a safe distance away. However that was around 12:00ish and my ear started bothering me around 1:30ish when I got home.

Could that have been the cause or perhaps driving on the freeway.

Should I also seek a doctor or wait a few days; the only problem I have with waiting now is if I'm too late.

Support and advice is much appreciated. <3

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It sounds like you are experiencing a "full ear sensation" or "aural fullness." It is a sign that your ear had been hurt. It can take months, but it normally goes away.

I wouldn't take Prednisone for the noise exposures that you had described.

Has your T been fading (up until a couple of days ago)? In any case, it sounds like you are having a temporary spike. Make sure that it is not "sudden deafness." Check out the link below, if there is a chance that this is what you have, make sure to get Prednisone as soon as you can.

http://www.masseyeandear.org/for-pa...ation/diseases-and-conditions/sudden-deafness

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kain
      Disappointed

Kain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      excessive loud music through earbuds
      I'm pretty sure my T hasn't been fading recently, it's just the classic "more noticeable at night/when I think about it" routine. I also did have an ear infection earlier this month in my left ear and was given amoxicillin (i think) to treat it.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

I would be revisiting your dr to have your ear checked to ensure the infection has settled down.

I probably wouldn't bother with steroids with the exposure that you've described.

You could try taking NAC, magnesium, and nicotinamide riboside.

• Like Like x 1