Update from Me for Anyone Who Cares...

Discussion in 'Support' started by linearb, Dec 29, 2016.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I made a longer post in the social experiment thread (https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/social-experiment.17658/#post-223302) which doesn't seem to have bumped it to the front page; either a glitch or perhaps forum admins have changed settings to keep old threads from getting bumped?

In any case, I finally managed to move to a very pretty, VERY quiet place in the woods, which is lovely. I'm a dad now! So, I have many things to be thankful for, and still only one to really complain about :-P

I continue to dabble in weird dream meditation stuff, and I've tried a couple other things that seem to have some impact on my tinnitus (alpha-stim, low dose naltrexone) but not much to report at this time. I'm still an optimist on the University of Michigan experimental bimodal device, hopefully they get funded for a larger trial next year.

Other than that, as I alluded to in the social experiment thread, I think it serves me pretty well to not spend much time here; I've got a lot going on in my life, and at this point there's little here that I haven't read many times over, and while I'm sympathetic to the constant negativity I think it's toxic to me. So, I'll probably try to keep my posts to quarterly, but I do get email notifications about PMs, so if you want to talk about esoteric meditations, early fatherhood, novel tryptamines or whatever suits you, hit me up... greetings from snowy Vermont! And a happy new year, keep your champagne close and your earplugs closer....

• Like Like x 5
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Congrats Dad! and it is great to hear from you. At last pop in every now and then and keep us updated!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Congratulations on being a daddy.
      Don't be a stranger and keep popping on ...lots of love and have a Happy New year...lots of love glynis

4. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Congratulations @linearb !! Brilliant news. I've been wondering when you'd pop up. I'll have a read through your journey now and see how you got on. I'm glad you participated as you were the only one! Not so much an experiment in the end :LOL:

I'm in the same boat as you now really; I come back every few months to see how everyone is, and maybe try help a few people on the way. If you can call it help.

I personally felt much better once I stopped spending so much of my time on this forum. Dedicating my time to other interests and getting back to the gym (eating better), all helped me significantly. That is how the whole social experiment thread came about.

That is not to say this is a bad place, far from it, it can be a superb resource and the people here are great. I just thought that some may benefit from not talking about their tinnitus every hour of the day, like I did.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      totally agree and wasn't trying to imply otherwise, in case it seemed that way -- I have nothing but respect for the staff here, and this is a super valuable resource if you're in the OMGWTF phase when you're first dealing with this. I think it's probably got more limited utility for people like me with nearly 2 decades of noise under the old belt...

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      No I didn't read it that way at all, you're obviously doing well, and I'm really glad for you. I was just reaffirming the point behind it all.

I agree, in the early days of my t worsening this place saved my life! I have the utmost respect for Markku, Steve and the rest of the staff and members here.

7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Not sure if it's just me @linearb, but I can't find your post.

8. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Great to see you Linearb.

9. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Congrats linearb......thats fantastic news about your new family........is all well with mum and baby?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Like Like x 1
    11. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since: