Vegetables to Avoid

Discussion in 'Support' started by Huradozih, May 14, 2018.

1. Huradozih
      Insomnious

Huradozih Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idiopathic
      So today I had another visit to a new ENT I found who treats tinnitus.

In her opinion, my tinnitus is caused of bad nutrition, since I had no problems with loud music and other conditions. So she gave me a list of foods to avoid.

She forbade me to eat carrots, artichokes, celery, spinach, fennel, asparagus and seafood.

:inpain:

For real? Do I have to avoid those vegetables?

2. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      @Huradozih that sounds really strange, never seen anyone mention anything about that here on the forum. Eating healthy is of course good for you, but why on earth should you avoid these things? Did she give you a reason for it?

3. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seems to be pretty contrary. Spinach is one of the most naturally magnesium-rich foods out there and that is considered one of the best supplements you can take for tinnitus.

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I'd possibly find a new ENT. All those veggies and sea food are healthy. Meds, loud sounds, stress are the biggest culprits, when it comes to tinnitus....

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Huradozih
      Insomnious

Huradozih Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idiopathic
      Nope, she gave me only this diet later on:

Recommended diet for those suffering from tinnitus on a hydropic basis:

a) drink more than 2 liters of hyposodic water (ie containing not more than 5 mg / liter of Na+) per day

b) cooking rice or pasta in unsalted water; season with oil, butter and all natural spices

c) avoid the following vegetables: carrots, artichokes, celery, spinach, fennel and asparagus. All the others, of course, are allowed

d) use only bread, bread-sticks, rusks and savory biscuits (ie without NaCl)

e) absolutely avoid sea fish, crustaceans and mollusks (you can consume only freshwater fish)

f) avoid all cold cuts and sausages without exception

g) avoid all cheeses; the only exception is ricotta

h) eat only homemade desserts. Be careful not to use yeast containing baking soda

i) you can eat all kinds of meat (flavored only with spices, balsamic vinegar or lemon) and all kinds of fruit

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      @Huradozih never heard of this before. Perhaps you should, as @fishbone suggests, try seeking out a new ENT and get a second opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mellow7

Mellow7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Some of these make sense as some people swear by low-salt and sugar diets. Some of these foods could also contain allergens if you're sensitive to them and doctors tend to attribute unexplained T to allergic response. Avoiding dairy (lactose) and such may be beneficial, if you believe yourself intolerant to them.

But the veggies and such should be perfectly fine.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Huradozih
      Insomnious

Huradozih Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idiopathic
      Thank you guys. I made another waste of time -_-

9. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      Eat more vegetables and fruits, any green vegetables is actually good for you. She probably think medication is better than vegetables. Like fish bone say find someone new.strange advice.

• Like Like x 1
    10. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Like others have suggested, perhaps it's time to get a "second opinion"

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      This is what worked well for me. The following are known for triggering tinnitus; caffeine ( coffee, soda, I just drink water ), sugar, artificial sweeteners, salt, or sodium, alcohol, and for me citrus. It contains sugar. In fact, no processed food at all. Check labels for all these things. I don’t eat red meat. Chicken & fish are good. Eggs too. Your body does need a certain amount of salt. I eat a lot of peanut butter. The natural kind-no salt. You can eat all the fruit and vegetables you like. I encourage this. I do eat baked potatoes, plain. And no smoking cigarettes or weed. I don’t mean to overwell you, but your ENT should have given you a list of all these things. This is an outline. Play around with it, and see what works for you.

12. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I've never heard of such an extensive list of non-related foods that should be avoided to stop tinnitus, or anything else. Sounds like pure quackery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    13. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015

Don’t avoid the foods avoid her :LOL:. Where did she complete her training? The school of homeopathy?

In all seriousness, I’ve never heard of those foods having any connection to tinnitus. The usual culprits, if you want to go down the food route, are: salt, sugar, msg, caffeine, alcohol, etc. Basically anything that can cause an inflammatory response, or anything that affects your central nervous system.

By the way, I eat and drink whatever I want. I just try and keep my diet relatively healthy. Although, I have hit a bit of a bad patch, diet-wise, recently.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Huradozih
      Insomnious

Huradozih Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      idiopathic
      Thank you all for your replies.

I asked her why do I have to avoid all those foods and she told me, in addition to salt, that those vegetables contain aspartic acid which is an amino acid that causes tinnitus, along with aspartame.

16. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If I had to stop eating carrots, I would die of starvation.