Vitamins, Vitamins, and More Vitamins for Feeling Good n' Groovy!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by meeruf, Mar 12, 2014.

1. meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      Hello everyone with noisy ears! :cool:

I have not been here in a while. Things are going great and I have felt normal for a good while now. Tinnitus is still there, but I don't mind it anymore. Sometimes loud, other times not so loud. I don't care.

However. My body was pretty exhausted until some weeks ago. I had a lot of abstract body pain, dizziness and weird symptoms. I did not go to doctor for it. I just concluded that my body was pretty exhausted after all this time trying to get used to tinnitus. And that I maybe lacked some basic vitamins duo to bad appetite.

3 weeks ago I started to pump my body full with different vitamins pills. This is the stuff I used:

- Concentrated fish oil (In Norwegian we call it "tran". I don't know the English word for it. Sorry.)
      - Omega-3
      - Multi-vitamins pills
      - Magnesium pills

The last week I have started to get a really energy boost and I feel fucking awesome. Like pre-tinnitus fucking awesome. Yeah, the tinnitus is still there, there is no pill for that, but it doesn't matter.

Other improvements:
      - Sex drive is back 100% :whistle:
      - Appetite is not perfect yet, but much better.
      - 100000% more energy
      - Need less sleep, I can now sleep 6-7 hours without tinnitus going berserk.
      - Tinnitus-shield activated. Can't take my mood away now Mr. Tinnitus. Feel more awesome!
      - No more body pain or weird symptoms.

Yeah. Give it a try! I won't hurt. :D

• Like Like x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm all over the magnesium - I just wish I could take more of it! I'm probably at the maximum limit now.
      Keep meaning to start fish oils. Might have to start.

Glad to hear you are feeling so awesome!!! :)

3. I just recently started fish oil for depression. I also take magnesium, vit e, vit d, and occasionally B 100 supp.

4. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Fish oil sometimes has vit d and vit e as well so be careful:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I alternate days taking Super B complex and Magnesium...at first I took them at the same time and the combo caused some unfortunate gastric results! I also take vitamin D and calcium, fish oil (not every day), and vitamin C. I tried CoQ-10 but that gave me insomnia. Physically, I feel pretty good. Mentally...well, that's another story!

6. Thanks for the warning Stina :) I did not know that, I will have to check the ingredients.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I've been on the whole supplement and vitamin bandwagon for a long time, I definitely think they help but there's a lot of discussion amongst academics about whether or not they actually do anything, and what forms have the most bio-availability. There's a lot of bad information out there also, so it's important to do a lot of research.

This is a good podcast with Rhonda Patrick on supplements, I found it super informative:

Joe Rogan Experience #459 - Dr. Rhonda Patrick

Short videos that discuss similar topics:

Rebuttal to Anti-Vitamin Editorial:...

The "Vitamin D Sweet Spot" and Its...

3 Mechanisms for Magnesium Deficiency

Check her out, pretty good stuff!

Anyway here's what I'm currently taking:

Vitamin, Type, Dose
      D3, Cholecalciferol, 4000iu
      B3/Niacin, Nicotinic Acid, 200mg
      B12, Methylcobalamine, 5mg
      Zinc, Chelated, *
      Magnesium, Chelated, *
      Melatonin, NA, 3mg
      5HTP, NA, 50mg
      NAC, NA, 1200mg
      L-Theanine, NA, 150mg

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      meeruf
      Badass

meeruf Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      Yeah, but now its winter and we Norwegians don't get much sun.
      What is so special with magnesium?

9. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      For some reason it makes me feel like me T is a little lower. Also helps with stress and sleep

10. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Yes of course us nordic people have to take Vit D, but I meant that if the fish oil being used already has Vit E and D in it then there is no point in taking extra, because overdosing can be dangerous too. Of course it depends on the fish oil too - not all of them have it:)

11. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Be careful with Calcium and not overdose with it. It can worse Tinitus.

12. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
    13. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
    14. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      Hi @DebS:

How much D3 and Calcium do you currently take? I am curious because I too use these supplements to fight osteopenia. My doctor recommends 1,2oomg of Calcium and 800IU of D3 daily.

-Golly

15. Johno
      Dreaming

Johno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
    16. DebS

DebS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I take Citracal which I believe is 630 mg Calcium/500 IU D, PLUS I take another 1000 IU of D because my doctor recommended it, but now I'm thinking that's too much.

17. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Did your doctor prescribe those? If you have an abnomarlity sometimes you need more supplements, so find a good doctror (orthopedist?) and speak to them.

18. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      If you are afraid the Doc is not so good, see another one just in case and see whzat they think. We on this forum dont have medical education, so its just opinions and cant be compared to the knowledge that docs give you.

19. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      I agree with @Stina: always consult your doctor before taking medical advice from friends, here or elsewhere.

What I can tell you is that I originally started on 1,500mg of Calcium, but was later told by my doctor to reduce the daily dose to 1,200mg to reduce the risk of developing kidney stones. After four years of supplementing, I went from being osteopenic to having normal bone density. I am not sure the change is entirely due to the Calcium/D3 combo, but I imagine it contributed.

-Golly

• Like Like x 2
    20. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      A good doctor is the key;)

21. Joe Zaffiro

Joe Zaffiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      I've been taking Ginko,zinc,magnesium, and B12. Not sure if they are doing anything. But I hope they aren't making things worse. I heard tinnitus can be caused by zinc deficiency which is why I take that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      i suggested to my sister in law she took osteoguard from natures best (uk company) 2 a day so = 1000mg of calcium 500mg magnesium and if I remember also has vit d and boron... i suggested this for her congenital knee issue. Comparing before and after x rays (3 months) her consultant couldnt believe the yellow bones were now white ,he said keep doing what you are doing.

23. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I just picked up Natural Calm. It's a magnesium/calcium powder that you mix with water. It contains 325 mg of magnesium. I am not sure if I should drink it before bedtime to help with sleep or just drink it during the day for best results. I am currently taking only Trazadone and stopped taking Ambien. I still need more help with sleep. Also picked up l-theanine capsules. Does anyone know the best time to take it? Thanks.