Was Doing Great After I Started Nasonex, Now the Low Hum Returned...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Audiophile_bg, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I don't know what to say. I was doing great after I got the Nasonex nasal spray, then out of nowhere yesterday, the low hum returned.

I don't know what to do, 2 out of the 3 doctors I saw were not interested in helping me with the tinnitus.

I can't deal with this again.

2. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Could it be cardiovascular?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I really don't think so. Originally it was an ETD problem. Which I thought was resolved.... idk. All I know is, I can't deal with this again.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      And the thing is, NOTHING triggered it, I was going into my bathroom, there was no noise, nothing.
      :(

5. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Thank you for asking. Yes, I am, only my singing is making my bad ear feel very full and I don't like that. But I'm better than before.
      How are you?

7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Maybe try using a EarPopper along with Nasonex. It clears out your e-tubes better to swallow water while using the EarPopper.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      @Audiophile_bg I can tell you it's most likely linked to your middle ear. It's either your muscles like the tensor tympani being whack and/or eustacian tubes and/or trigeminal nerve.
      I think the tensor tympani kind of runs along the top part of the eustacian tube area and can affect ventilation, so it's all kind of linked anyway.

I get a low hum a lot of the time and I'm convinced it is this, not sensorioneural. I remember once when it was making a really odd vibrating hum (as opposed to the usual hum) and using Oxynase to clear my sinuses and it went away. I might try it again to see if this other hum goes away, but it's not good to use too often.

You could try lightly massaging around your ears, side of head, temples, jaw and see if they helps it.

Anyway I don't really worry to much about it anymore, but it's frigging annoying.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      @Gman. Thanks for responding. I started the Nasonex again, hoping it will go away. When I sing I can hear my voice in my head, which means it's Eustachian Tube related.

10. Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      Try pseudoephedrine. That stuff will open everything.

11. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Did this go away? Does it sound like a low frequency, like 60 Hz vibrating pulse? Does it get worse at times and becomes a continuous type of tone you hear and feel? Closest thing I can think of is a truck outside idling while you're inside a building.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      No, actually it got worse now, because I got palatal myoclonus. So now I hear the clicking in my ears too. Also the muscle relaxant they prescribed me caused the subjective tinnitus to come back...

It's been tough.

13. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      So sorry to hear. I've had clicking off and on too. Not as often.

What exactly do you hear? Does it pulsate/rumble the vibrating noise or just a solid low sound like regular tinnitus but just in lower frequency in sound?

Mine I can actually feel when it gets back and it's a vibrating type hum like a car outside with bass going while you're inside a home.

What is yours?

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Mine is exactly like what you described, a steady, regular low frequency tinnitus, but the thing is I can kind of "feel it" physically. And yesterday I felt my eardrum being moved by real external noises, which isn't good. I think this means there is something wrong with the muscles that hold the eardrum.

But yeah.... This condition sucks.

15. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @Audiophile_bg Hello, does your agree mark you put mean yours sounds/feels similar to what I experience?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Yes. I also explain how in the message right above yours.

17. shasta0863

shasta0863 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Thanks. I wen't to a Neuro-otologist this morning. Supposedly real hot shots in this state. Bad news for what she is saying, I don't believe her.

She said it's just "tinnitus", and brain sourced in nature. And that the vibrating sensation is in fact possible too. I cannot accept it. I asked her why it would pop up in 2015 for no reason, and be only intermittent. Then come back briefly for one day in 2018 after I had a ETD issue, and then nothing again until May of this year.

She said, tinnitus can just come and go for no reason. Like well sure, tinnitus can come and go, but low frequency noise induced tinnitus or medically low freq. is often very rare and my normal T is always been higher pitch with only a very mild low drone in back when it's super quiet. Nothing like this where I can feel it when it gets aggravated.

She believes the fact I pick up low. freq. sounds more in the ear means there's some excitability or something and this is all T and Hyperacusis related. I said I didn't get pain in my ears other than from ETD issues, and that this slight soreness in ear from this vibration was not around before. I had loud noise exposures and all sorts of things, so why wouldn't I've got pain before then? My H for years has always been just noises seems a lot louder and higher freq. noises being more bothersome to the ear. Rarely over years did I ever have a slight soreness, and that was temporary and what I believe was just the inner ear muscles tensing very tightly from the noise/startle.

She said my sound was not at all muscle related. She said there's no vibrating hum or pulsing type sound, it's a click or thump! Wouldn't even consider this likely she was so sure I was just T.

If I believe what she says, I'm screwed. That means I'm fucked. It doesn't add up with my issues and what she is saying.

• Hug Hug x 1