Weird Pins and Needles Sensation in Back

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by aot, Feb 28, 2021.

1. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      So, this is something that's been going on for a little bit. I've been trying to ignore it, but I'm getting worried.

At times, usually when I'm active but not always, I've been getting weird pins and needles sensation in my upper and/or lower back. It only lasts about two seconds. It covers a large portion of my back, and is very uncomfortable.

I have back pain now and again, but I don't know if it's connected.

There are two things that I think might be causing it:

1, My Visual Snow Syndrome. IIRC, one of the symptoms is a tingling sensation in the limbs, which I occasionally experience. Since VSS is so under studied, it may be a symptom of that.

2, A tic that I have where I can't stop cracking my neck. It started when I was 15, then left. It came back when I was 17, then left. And now, at the age of 22, it's back. Sometimes I crack my neck several times in a hour and I don't know why. I don't have Tourette's Syndrome. I underwent a brain scan when I was 15 and there was nothing abnormal.

Maybe it's nothing and I'm just being paranoid, but I keep fearing that I'll end being paralyzed below the neck or something. I don't want to see a doctor because I no longer have insurance, and I fear that I'm developing hypochondriac tendencies.

I've changed both my body wash and my laundry soap in case it was an allergic reaction, but no changes.

Any advice?

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @aot
      Air trapped in the joints of neck and tissues of back. Harmless. Can be caused from fatigue.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have this too, a bit more severe though. How’s your posture? Do you spend a lot of time sitting or laying in bed in uncomfortable positions?

If it only lasts two seconds I can’t imagine you will end up paralyzed. Don’t worry! Make sure you’re doing easy stretches daily and not putting too much strain on your back.

• Like Like x 1