What Foods, Drugs, Treatments, Enzymes, Supplements Have Helped Your Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by BreachOfEuphoria, Aug 20, 2020.

1. BreachOfEuphoria
      Thinking

BreachOfEuphoria Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Would any other users in here be interested in sharing what has helped you heal your tinnitus?

So this topic could be a little database with different experiences.

I have been on a very long journey, trying to heal my neck/jaw.

I have been using different vitamins, enzymes and so on and I have been eating specific foods to get the best amino acids for optimal ATP.

Some things that i have ordered on the internet has helped tremendously, these for example:
      • Magnesium glycinate (11 bananas is too much for me everyday)
      • Serrapeptase (has helped remove a lot of scar tissue from my neck and it's great against inflammation)
      • 5-HTP (for the mood)
      For the GI tract, 4 things especially have helped me.
      • Garlic
      • Raw broccoli
      • Pumpkin seeds
      • Flaxseeds
      • All foods with a high polyphenol count
      At the moment, UK Amazon does not have a single listing of Serrapeptase. I have contacted them about it and got told they have removed it temporarily because of some internal issues. They don't know when it will come back.

What about all the different stuff like "Bone Broth" for example? Has anybody in here benefitted from that?

• Like Like x 1
    2. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      Keep it simple, and do not overcomplicate regarding supplements. Most of it do not work unless your condition actually relates directly to deficiency diseases for instance.

I've used so many supplements over almost two decades, and many of them made the condition temporary worse for me in the end.

But I agree to Magnesium Glycinate. I take it at night, together with Omega 3s and a natural sleep remedy that contains a very small amount of melatonin (0,25 mg). I've put everything else on hold for now.

Keeping the gut in balance is of course a plus, and keeping your stress level as low as possible. You do not want rocket high cortisol levels - anxiety and stress is a key factor to trigger tinnitus for so many people.

Personally I stay away from gluten and lactose as my gut feel better this way (been for years). I try to minimize sugars, sodium, alcohol and caffeine. But its all a balance. Don't forget to live and enjoy I'd say.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Gordon Steinberg

Gordon Steinberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/25/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Noise
      26 days in, currently taking:

Magnesium
      NAC
      Pycnogenol
      Nicotinamide Riboside
      Multivitamin

Haven't noticed much of a difference yet but will report back if I do.

4. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Oral Supplements:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
      Chelated Magnesium
      NAC
      Thorne Multi Vitamin
      Vitamin D
      Agmatine
      Fish Oil
      Lion's Mane
      Astaxanthin and Zeaxanthin
      Curcumin
      Nicotinamide Riboside

Oral Meds:

Mirtazapine
      Nortriptyline
      Pramiprexole

Subcutaneous Injections of Peptides:

500 mcg/day BPC 157 - https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-bpc-157/

5mg/week TB-500 - https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/article/supplements-articles/how-to-use-tb-500/

4mg/day ARA 290 - https://superhumanradio.net/transcr...e-can-treat-neuropathy-neuralgia-fibromyalgia

Therapies:
      Konftec Laser

Until the Pramiprexole, the character of my tinnitus changed from a tone to a hiss, but the volume hadn't reduced. With Pramiprexole volume seems to be down but not where I'd like to be at this point.

Still, I believe there must be a way forward! Maybe I am naive, but I believe there is an optimal set of actions and therapies/substances on this earth that could get me to where I want to be, but I have to find them...

Other Ideas:

PRP Injections in neck for systemic benefits
      Minbo Shim who I know everyone hates
      Stem Cells
      Water fasting based on the commentary of Telis
      and many more in a spreadsheet I keep...

5. n_li808
      Irritated

n_li808 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      aug 20, 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      most likely from acoustic shock/trauma
      @GBB are Lion's Mane mushrooms working for you?

6. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, but they may for someone else. I was eating Lion’s Mane for months before I got tinnitus.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. Tom R.

Tom R. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Occurred after taking doxycycline
      A little off topic from other replies but since you have drugs in your thread title, I had to share one experience I had.

A few years ago I had a procedure done and was given Fentanyl and Midazolam. Post procedure, I felt good for at least a solid week and my tinnitus was so low and not bothersome at all (maybe residual anti-anxiety effects?). Of course I'm aware these drugs are not simple OTC meds! but man I wish they'd research therapeutic use with these for tinnitus. Such an effect for me that it sticks out in my mind years later.

• Like Like x 1
    8. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me, an increase in Dopamine (Mirtazapine, Pramipexole) and GABA (benzos, know technically they don't increase GABA) both provide a quieting effect, the latter more so than the former. It wouldn't surprise me if those do the same.