What's on Your Bucket List?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by hoper, May 7, 2019.

1. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      We see the northern lights here in Ontario, @SugarMagnolia. I have sat around a campfire in Northern Ontario and watched them on a few occasions. They are spectacular.

I hope you get to cross this off of your bucket list some day.

o2QnRFT.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Artazanasss
      Caffeine

Artazanasss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/09
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced hidden hearing loss and acoustic trauma
      Cure my hidden hearing loss and restore synapses and hair cells by stem cell therapy and BDNF.
      Get floater free vision and restore my eyesight by LASIK procedure.
      Get my schizotypal personality disorder under control and have less anxiety.
      Get a good paying job overseas and finally feel like a man that can provide for this family that I was until I got this godforsaken torturous conditions of hyperacusis, tinnitus and hearing loss.
      Have enough money to travel abroad to Greece, Egypt, etc which is not possible at the moment because I live on a small disability payment.
      Get husky dog, I loved the last dog I had and since I lost it I felt somewhat empty inside so in the near future I plan to get a new friend.
      Get a girlfriend which I never had.
      Get new friends because I lost contact with most of my friends that either emigrated or were lost when I moved to a new city.
      Get driver's license and buy a car.
      Finish university which I never had the motivation to finish, then I got hearing loss.
      I have a lot of other dreams and aspirations, but those are the main ones and almost all of them depend on the first one becoming a reality. So I hope that Frequency Therapeutics, REGAIN and Otonomy will be able to save and salvage my broken life.

• Hug Hug x 7
      • Like Like x 2
    3. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      WARNING, it can get loud so turn the volume down!

The Maserati Quattroporte QS4 is one of the most amazing vehicles out there, I've recently had the pleasure of driving it for a weekend after I decided to rent one of these bad boys out.

It's always been a dream of mine to acquire one of these, and at 19 years old after a cryptocurrency boom I had enough money to buy one. I was greedy though and didn't sell my crypto. And thus, I fell into debt after a few more bad decisions. A few months of anxiety and it all piled up so I went to a neurologist which later turned into a psychiatrist visit and I began taking Pregabalin, which is the whole reason I'm in this mess in the first place.

piIkLHG.jpg

I am having a really, really tough time dealing with my suicidal thoughts and tinnitus and decided whether or not I am ever able to acquire one of these cars... whereas before I had the full confidence I'd be at least a multi-millionaire, now I'm not sure I'll even live to 30 years old. But anyways, whether or not I'm able to get one of these cars, I at least wanted to hear it roar.

You see, the reason I chose the Quattroporte over a Lamborghini Huracan or a Ferrari 488 is that it's a family car that has the loudest exhaust pipes stock from the factory. No mods necessary.

This particular car is a Lemon Law car, meaning it was acquired at auction for less than $30K due to a rear bumper problem and electronics error. I rented it for around $6 an hour in Poland.

The top speed is 300km/h but I hit 258 km/h on the highway before the adrenaline kicked in at 2am and I decided to wind down and head home.

I really do hope there is a cure for tinnitus soon, or at least better treatments as I'd love to focus on business again... I haven't been able to work for the past 8 months now. But driving this car around was a worthwhile experience. Was it expensive? Yes. But... at least I got to hear it ROAR! It's an absolute monster! People's heads turned when I put sport mode on and let it rip. I know it's not the best for tinnitus, but it was the most amazing experience revving it in the tunnels. Ever since I was a kid I wanted a sports car. Maybe this isn't it, but it was enough to make me happy and smile a lot. I felt like a kid in a candy shop. I definitely recommend it if you're feeling super depressed...

4. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Have a child.

But I’m not gonna as I’m not well enough.

• Hug Hug x 5
    5. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      You could adopt a child potentially... that would be sweet.

6. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I could probably still have children as far as I know, I’m just probably not well enough in my circumstances. Adoption is a lovely thing but in my country they advise not to adopt unless in good physical and mental health as it poses extra challenges.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      1. Become a neuroscientist
      2. Cure tinnitus
      3. Do lots of very loud things

• Like Like x 6
    8. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Dream big youngsters!

• Like Like x 3
    9. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Learning to play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement on the piano.

At the moment I'm confining myself to the first two movements only - the quiet ones!

10. OhMYEAR

OhMYEAR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Move out of my parents house

11. Backpacker

Backpacker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      I would like to move to any tropical island, preferably a noisy one, where the weather is so hot that I could keep the windows open all day long.
      And I hope I'm near the beach.
      And that there's a lot of crickets on that island.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. untamed wolf
      Chatty

untamed wolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      I never had a bucket list before tinnitus. In my culture "I want" is sort of a bad word. But after T i guess a few "I wants" isn't going to make the world collapse.

I want to move to America
      I want to work in movies/theatre - directing and writing
      I want to dye my hair in a crazy color
      I want to swim in every ocean
      and most importantly I want to be courageous enough to dance in the rain

It feels nice owning my dreams. I kinda like it...

• Like Like x 3
    13. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I love the Maserati, I walked into the path of one these the other day in a shopping car park, I told the man I am sorry, he was going slow, however I did tell him if I did happen to get run over I would refer it to be by a Maserati, he laughed and said you don't to want get run over by one of these love, they are too loud... Little did he know my tinnitus was competing with the engine noise :)

• Like Like x 1
    14. AVIYT
      Wishful

AVIYT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregabalin
      This is SO NOT TINNITUS friendly... but google "Brilliant exhaust" with Mercedes V12 S600 by effspot. It'd be my dream to put those exhaust pipes into a Maserati Quattroporte. It's the only thing that's insanely loud that I love.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Wow, yeah It sounded like it had grunt, I want a Maserati it is my favorite car, I always notice them on the road, my eyes are drawn to them immediately..:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      * see my kid survive in a world that's hopefully not completely on fire and doomed
      * exceed 100mph on a motorcycle in a safe setting on a track
      * go hanggliding
      * fell a 100' or higher tree with a 20" bar chainsaw
      * do well enough in a large card tournament to make the second day of competition
      * ski double black diamond glades at speed with no fear

there's probably other stuff but this is a good starting point for the next decade / decade and a half

17. marko1103
      No Mood

marko1103 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Start
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Visit an F1 race since I am an F1 fan.
      I had a ticket for this year's Austrian GP until 2 weeks prior to the event tinnitus stopped me :)

Maybe in a few years time when I'll build up a confidence again...

18. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Be tinnitus free and hear silence again.

• Like Like x 4