Who Would You Like to Meet from Tinnitus Talk?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by valeri, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      This is really true. I only discuss my T with my family and very close friends.

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I'm pretty open about mine, don't go around broadcasting it but I have no problem with telling anyone.

In the early days though I was far more insular, I suppose time and getting used to something has a lot to say here. There is always that thing in your head that says people just won't get it, however I haven't come across many like that - if you do it isn't nice but I'm not shy so have no problem setting them straight (politely of course).

• Like Like x 1
    3. Gabrielle
      No Mood

Gabrielle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe bad syringing
    4. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Ok, I will reveal my list of favourites funny guys: @jimH, @Zimichael, @RaZaH , @dan, not necessarily in this order. Thank you all for making me laugh (sometimes with tears) during tough times, that is while I was visiting this forum because I was just too sad because of T.
      The complete list would include anybody who received a funny rating from me that I can' t remember right now, as my T effed my memory, while effing my entire life.

I see this thread got a sad tone since Larry was mentioned, but he deserves to be mentioned somewhere, doesn't he? Can we be called people if we hadn't remembered him anywhere?
      It's time to bear in mind that he has now the silence and peace he wanted so much, death is part of life for absolutely everybody, with T or superhealthy, and also that we have to continue our lives here with optimism, as "where is life, there is hope", as DannyBoy says.

• Like Like x 2
    5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Dana ....I'm glad that we were able to give you some light-hearted moments and even a few laughs during those tough times!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I always knew I was your favourite...I have that effect on women lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    7. Mikeywill860

Mikeywill860 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Anyone from massachusetts or
      new hampshire?

8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      It is sad to lose Larry to suicide. It is also sad to see newer members traumatized by the news. @amandine or even @Martin69 represent those newer members who are or were on very shaky ground already, worrying to no end if they can survive the tough T journey they are going through. They might be getting panic attacks thinking down the road how they can end up. Any bad news like that can tip the scale for them and set them back a long way. Perhaps TT admin will find a way to remember Larry without having the suicide news being front and center in the Support Forum. We don't have to force feed this in the Support Forum to newer sufferers who may not be strong enough to take this news lightly. I know I wouldn't be able to handle this news during the darkest time of my T journey, when my worry laden & depressed mind was already dangling the big 'S' word in front of me. I was looking for hope, for the proof that people can survive severely intrusive T & H, not vice versa. Struggling and desperate newbies can easily fall prey to the groom and doom of T simply by association and substitution as amandine puts it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    9. ady

ady Member

Where is the meet up? US, EU, Asia?

10. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Thanks Billie. Yes, it is still a tough journey, even after two years. Anxiety and depression is still high and I don't know myself if it is only T or something else. A package of severe T, anxiety and depression is really difficult to handle. Like you oftentimes mentioned, it is all baby steps. I read a lot about handling chronic pain and brain plasticity. Also I try the BTS method. I go running again 2-3 times a week, try living as normal as possible. Nevertheless I still have big problems listen to this unmaskable high-pitched sound. I still hope that one day the reaction will go further down and T goes into the background. Tough ride.

Who do I want to meet? All of you of course. What about a travel around the globe meeting all (or most) of you?
      If I will survive this BS, I will definitely consider this.

Take care my friends. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 1
    11. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      There are only a few on here that I would not like to meet.

Of course I pay attention to some more than others, but we all, unfortunately, have something in common that we could discuss at length.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. brownbear

brownbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss ? cochlear hydrops
      For any reason!