Who's Cooking Turkey???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OnceUponaTime, Nov 27, 2014.

1. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi all! Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving Day. Hope you all have a wonderful day with friends and family. I lost power here in NY, but still managed to season my turkey! Will put it in the oven first thing in the morning.
      I will like to say how thankful I am for Tinnitus Talk. Thank you @Markku for creating this forum and all the people that help run it. And thanx to all of you that have kindly answered my questions and have extended a helping hand and a listening ear. And above all, thanks to God for giving me strength and grace to keep going even through the hardest days in my life. You are all in my prayers. Happy Thanksgiving.

IMG_5847.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      I've cooked turkey before, but not this year. Still, your picture is beautiful! :)

This year, Thanksgiving is at a relative's house so I get to bring the pumpkin pies and pumpkin cookies!

• Like Like x 2
    3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey @OnceUponaTime: Thanks for reminding me, during this season, to say how grateful I am for Tinnitus Talk. We are from many nations here, many that don't celebrate this particular holiday. But gratitude is universal. I am profoundly grateful for everyone here ... and especially for our founder and dedicated helmsman, @Markku. But honestly, every one of you has made me stronger.

Oh, the turkey part? I get to go to my auntie's place. She cooks up a storm. Our tradition is I bring the Brussel sprouts. Such a deal!

• Like Like x 3
    4. Albert Savage

Albert Savage Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1972
      In my family, Holidays mean overtime shifts. My nephew's two sons are the fifth generation growing up on "Color Coded" calendars. My Lovely Bride's grandfather was an LAPD officer in the 1920's, 30's and early 40's and since then each successive generation has had some one in law enforcement, fire services, medical professions or other public safety work where we worked shifts. This year we celebrated Thanksgiving on the 22d. We haven't yet been able to come up with a date for Christmas.

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Turkey is too dry for me, prefer chicken, beef or pork.