Wish Me Luck — Some Tips for Your Tinnitus Journey

Discussion in 'Support' started by katri, Sep 21, 2018.

1. katri
      Chatty

katri Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It’s been awhile since I’ve been on this forum and it’s taken about a day for me to realize that I can’t go back. I stopped looking on this website two years ago and somehow I forgot about it. Now it’s time for me to do it again. I really don’t have any intentions of climbing back on this site after tomorrow. So if I ever feel down again, I’d like to say that I’ve done my best at helping others with tinnitus.

- I just want everyone to know that once I started forcing myself to live again, it was its own kind of medicine. If you’re sad, get up and find anything to do. I don’t care if it’s a walk, or any random thing on Groupon. If you want to take ear plugs, then take them.
      - Also, don’t ever allow someone to make you feel as though you’re a nuisance. If your friend had to take medication for his diabetes, would you look at him any different? Earplugs are like medicine, they don’t cure but they do treat.
      - Reduce your stress completely. Try to focus on multiple areas in your life that you can control instead of only looking at the things you can’t. You can control your attitude, your ambitions, your school life, and your work life.
      - Find someone to support you. I sound overwhelming confident right now but in the beginning, I was a mess. It took over 6 months to reach a sense of normalcy. I wouldn’t have made it through if I didn’t have at least one person beside me. We are so fortunate to have others on this site.
      - Don’t let it define you. Much like your looks, it doesn’t mean anything. When people describe me I hear enthusiastic, optimistic, hard working, strong, kind, etc... none of those have anything to do with t. You wouldn’t readily describe someone with diabetes as diabetic, so why do it to yourself?
      - There is much more in the world. A lot of us on this site look forward to finding effective treatments and cures, but there is much more to do than sit around and wait. You could wait as you go any place on earth. Pick up a hobby like food tourism and eat your problems away. If it bothers you, just bring ear plugs. I promise the only one that actually cares how they look, is you
      - And most importantly, if you ever find yourself suicidal, please get help. Sometimes we’re in the dark for so long to the point that’s all we see. Please reach out to a family member, friend, or even a member of this website. We’d all hate to see you go. I promise there will be a day in your life where you go through the entire day without even thinking about it. Just hang tight and know that even people with severe tinnitus can get over it, so why can’t you. We all deserve happiness on this website, and we can all find it.

Much Love xoxo

• Winner Winner x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Good post! The message is spot on and the attitude is great. This type of thinking, can take us far in life.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Posts like yours should be stickied! Thank you so much for the positivity and kindness, hope you the best in your journey.

You choose your own path in life, no one else can do it for you.

• Like Like x 1