2020 US Presidential Election

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Born To Slay, Jan 8, 2020.

1. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      I'm asking what implicates Joe. Because Track Palin's assault charge doesn't mean Sarah Palin is violent.

If they have evidence that Joe is involved, they should release it.

Between a known Russian asset and a possible one without evidence, I would take my chances with Biden.

2. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I'm sure they are.

And what about Biden's son, the son of the then vice president? Or don't you want to address that?

• Like Like x 1
    3. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      And this is where you don't understand the mentality or are missing the point. Through Joe's son he is implicated. Guilty as charged. We are talking about the Vice President's son here, and older Biden will have been well aware of his dealings. If it is in fact all true...

I wouldn't take my chances with either.

4. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      Hey everyone!

We again got some reports of @PeteJ's behavior in this thread.

I went back a little bit and everyone else is more or less behaving very appropriately (especially when it comes to politics!), so Pete, we would very much appreciate if you could think for a few seconds before pressing that Post Reply button. Otherwise we have no other recourse but to remove you from here.

We would like everyone to feel comfortable voicing their opinion without fear of being insulted.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Christiaan
      Inspired

Christiaan Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2016: headphones, 2020: worsened thanks to Rammstein
      If you didn't told me this was put together by a bot, I would have thought this is just like any other ordinary Trump Rally. Boy this is good:ROFL:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      My earlier links were behind a paywall so maybe you didn't fuss around with incognito mode to read them but here is another one:

Hunter Biden: Republicans release report on Joe Biden's son

They looked hard for evidence Hunter's position affected foreign policy during the Obama administration. I know your assumption is it must be there but like I said if they have any evidence at all they need to release it which they have yet to do.

7. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      He was taking money from Russia's richest woman, who has direct ties to Putin. For a vice president to allow this, and by implication the president, is scandalous. Literally taking money from the enemy.

We will have to agree to disagree on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      The horses left the stable because of what Trump FAILED to do months and months ago. All he's doing now is throwing fuel onto the fire. His insistence in the Woodward recording that "nothing more could be done" is complete BS.

As far as the protests, this is just pure whataboutism. If Trump were to get his COVID response in order THEN we can turn our attention to whether BLM protests are super-spreader events or not.
      Um, no.

If there's one thing I've come to expect from Trump supporters is a very weak grasp on reality.

If Trump really had the GOP goose-stepping on command then we wouldn't have the Lincoln project, etc...

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      If there was really meat in this then Trump extorting Ukraine for dirt on Hunter which led to his own impeachment would have yielded fruit much earlier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Nonsense. I don't think so. I am just singled out because my opinion is different.

I am constantly insulted here but I ignore it. I objected to that guy connecting and associating severe tinnitus and being a Trump supporter.

Posters are constantly insulting people. If you had a Trump supporter here, do you think they would appreciate being called an idiot everyday? That's what several of them do here but you ignore it.

I know why there's favoritism here. They donate and have these accolades beside their name.

But, I don't.

I'll stop posting here on my own. The double standard is unfair. Even on a tinnitus forum, politics is one-sided. Pretty unfair.

@Zugzug, I know you have me on ignore but I apologize since you felt apparently insulted enough to report me. I don't mean to make you feel bad.

I will ignore posts in this section from now on. Hopefully, I am allowed to discuss my posts here - @Hazel?

My opinion is different and so is my style. Maybe my frustration with my tinnitus condition seeps into my posts in the politics section. I dunno.

I think it's sad that people reported me though. It's like reporting to the teacher or principal in primary school.

I won't participate anymore. I just wanted to reply to @all to gain.

@Born To Slay, I am totally opposite to your politics but I appreciate your replies/chat in the support section. Thanks. Take care.
      I find you pretty objective out of people here. Someone made a video/movie about Biden and I think it includes the son's involvement. Most people pick a 'side' in politics and sugar-coat/overlook any wrongdoing their 'side' does.

It's a sad world we live in.

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      On Saturday, Sept. 26, at 5:00 PM President Trump is expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett, to fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat on the Supreme Court. Barrett seems like an excellent choice. If Ginsburg had retired at 83 years old, four years ago, before Obama was out of office, he (Obama) could have chosen a replacement that was more in keeping with the policies that the Democrats support, but she didn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I don't see why you should stop posting. If people don't like your opinion they can put you on ignore, if they don't put you on ignore they have little to complain about.

People need to toughen up a little. This is a thread on a tinnitus forum, not a war zone, so no need for complaining against other posters. Plus it's a political thread, so what the hell do people expect. Things get heated.

I do see what you are saying about people constantly insulting people, but they don't see it as insulting. They feel they can get away with it due to holding the moral high ground. You definitely insult people too though and are very direct at doing it. You tried to insult me, but it's what off a duck's back to me:LOL: But there is no need for it.

I've never seen the point in name calling... although I think you are all numbnuts in reality:p

I consider myself pretty objective, and I'm blatantly the most objective person on this thread.
      The hypocrisy of both the left and right here is blindly obvious, but people are falling down left/right, good/bad, he is worse than him lines. It really is sad to see.

Biden's son taking money from this woman, if true, is huge. It doesn't even matter if the transaction was 100% legit, you don't take money from Russia's richest woman, especially when you are the son of the vice president. Crazy.

13. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      As I said, if it's true that Biden's son took money, even if legitimately, from Russia's richest woman, then it is huge. You just don't do that in his position.

People fail to realise that this can be used as part of the Russian rhetoric and propaganda machine and it falls directly into VV's hands.

Like I said above, the conservatives in the UK also fall prey to this.

Taking money from the likes of her should be a big no no. But the $ seem to talk and commonsense falls by the wayside.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      • Agree Agree x 2
    15. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I will send you the video later but I also posted a few links.

@all to gain, I am not sure where I insulted you but I think I know what you mean. I apologize. Sometimes my way of debating or discussing politics comes on strong (obviously). It's due to my tinnitus as it's hard to focus and concentrate but also no one shares my perspective here. I am alone.

But, I will be way more careful with my comments so I hope @Hazel will allow me to. I apologize for causing trouble.

@all to gain, I agree with you about Biden. We have two corrupt candidates for President. One, the incumbent and the other is just the nominee - and he's not even President. He already is knee deep in controversy, and not just regarding Russia. Ukraine and China, too.

Besides ethics violations, there is a potential security problem.

@all to gain, did you see the 'Riding The Dragon video already? That's what I was talking about.

RIDING THE DRAGON: The Bidens' Chinese...

There's also the controversy/scandal with Ukraine/Russia:

Why is the media downplaying the Hunter Biden story?

Hunter Biden received $3.5M wire transfer from Russian billionaire: Senate report

Ron Johnson says Ukraine report will show Joe Biden’s ‘unfitness for office’

It looks serious to me.

Anyway, sorry for my posts - please forgive.

I will change my behavior for my fellow posters. Please tell me if you have any concerns. Please.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Born To Slay
      Depressed

Born To Slay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      It would’ve needed to be six years ago. Mitch took the senate in 2014 elections. Still agree with the sentiment though.

17. Emgee

Emgee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Modern Society = Too Loud
      Unfortunately, some of his base may buy-in and believe they have superior genes. That’s honestly terrifying because it can make people believe they have the authority to decide how the world should be through dictatorship, as in the case of Nazi Germany. I don’t think Trump is into history as much as he’s into fame and fortune.

It’s so ironic how a billionaire businessman came to represent the common man. He has nothing in common with the common man. His favorable tax treatment to help the wealthy may lead to a highly-valued stock market, but that metric doesn’t necessarily define the success or struggle of the everyday worker.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    18. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you ask me, Biden is far closer to Hitler, with his race-based VP choice of Kamala "Porker of the Year 2018" Harris, a pig who imprisoned thousands, mostly minorities, many for minor offences such as possession of five dollars worth of marijuana, and had parents arrested because their children played hooky from school.

19. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Why is Biden's choice of VP race-based, but good ol' cookie-cutter, white, evangelical Mike Pence is not?

• Good Question Good Question x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      BLM Harass Restaurant diners in Dallas -...

More peaceful BLM protestors.

Supposedly, over 90% are "peaceful" but there are constant incidents happening in which streets and intersections are taken over. The majority of businesses and shops are boarded up and barricaded.

I don't count these protests as peaceful. They might not be lashing out in a violent confrontation every time but they are aggressive, hostile and hateful. Their body language, symbols and words betray their claims that they are peaceful.

Sure, there might be some peaceful ones out there but the overwhelming message I get is hostility, hate (especially towards whites and any whites who aren't subservient to them in particular) and an apparent willingness to commit violence if they don't get their way.

Kamala Harris is branded 'ignorant' for praising BLM protests and calling them 'essential' just three days after two cops were shot during Louisville riots

@all to gain, I know you are in Russia but I am not in the USA either.

Are you not perceiving this? I don't mind if you disagree with me. I assume I am the only one with this perception here or maybe one or two other posters? I just don't understand why others aren't seeing it yet. I feel like I am in a different universe or a different world. Like the body snatchers but I wasn't caught yet. I don't know how else to explain it. It's just really bizarre. But, I am part of the "problem" or people who hold similar views. So weird.

21. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Trump's comments on "good genes" have nothing to do with racism, but that Minnesotans have good genes. He was obviously complimenting his audience, for votes.

Obama used the same phrase in a speech in Pennsylvania in 2012. What did Obama mean by "good genes"?

I believe America only thrives when we have a strong and growing middle class. And I believe we’re at our best when everybody who works hard has a chance to get ahead. That’s what I believe. And I know that’s what the founders of this company believe as well. We were talking about these guys’ dad, who I understand just passed away at the age of 101. So these guys have good genes in addition to inventive minds. And the story of generations starting businesses, hiring folks, making sure that if you work hard, you can get ahead, that’s what America is all about. And that’s at the heart of the plan that I’ve been talking about all year.

22. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nazi Hippies: When the New Age and Far Right Overlap
      Both the New Age and the far right are drawn to conspiracy theories

"We’ve seen this overlap with the fastest-spreading conspiracy theory — Qanon, which insists that an evil cabal of Hollywood celebs and liberal politicians (led by Tom Hanks and Hillary Clinton) are child-eating Satanists who control the world. Luckily, a secret government source called Q (who leaves cryptic comments on the website 8Chan) is gathering together a patriot army to fight back and support president Trump, who is a four-dimensional genius sent by God to defeat the evil cabal and usher in a new Age of Love."

Capture d’écran 2020-09-26 à 18.52.33.png

Link:
      https://gen.medium.com/nazi-hippies-when-the-new-age-and-far-right-overlap-d1a6ddcd7be4

Is this really going to be mainstream in the West? It already caught up with my Canadian relatives, who only listen to alt-right podcasts. There sure is some spooky development going on.

• Like Like x 1
    23. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Qanon is shockingly mainstream here. We even have elected officials who have pledged to Q.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Hard work, capitalism, individualism, and the American dream are all beautiful ideals. It just saddens me that people don't see that Trump and his supporters are not on even playing field; they have nothing in common, really. I would have more respect for the Trump movement if it was led by someone who actually represented personal accountability, ambition, discipline, etc. I feel like Trump gets a lot of support from people who aspire to be like him. They don't realize that this is a false dream. This is especially a false dream for people with disabilities or other marginalized groups (this isn't just racial; a lot of white people have no hope of the American dream as well).

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    25. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      You haven't offended me. I'm pretty hard to offend to be honest as I am pretty hardened to life.

It's your name calling that I see as unnecessary and which I presume people get offended by. But, like I said, other people are doing it here too but in a more general way, but they don't seem to see that.

They are both terrible candidates. Trump is up to his neck in Russian stuff and a massive security risk, but now with the revelations of Biden's son being involved with Russian dealings Biden senior has become a security risk. The job of any president or world leader should, in my opinion, be first and foremost to keep the country safe from potential adversaries. Many people seem to either forget this or to just look at what's happening internally in their country.

I will look at your links later when I have a bit more time.

26. Christiaan
      Inspired

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Luman, sorry I've apparently overlooked your message. I didn't want to tie your opinion to Antifa, but the video makes a clear picture that most people blame BLM and Antifa for all the violence, for which there is no strong statistical support.

I don't think BLM matter represent the well-to-do who just want to spend their leisure time protesting for fun. Most of them are working class minorities who feel left out because of the colours of their skin & the systemic injustice that keeps them in a weak societal position. Of course, there is statistically more BLM support from white and black middle class protesters, but it doesn't mean that their voices count less than those of the working class or upperclass, right? Most of them are in the position to attend protests, also on the behalf of the working class, as some of them are in a precarious situation & therefore cannot easily afford to take a day off from work. Anyway, it would certainly unAmerican to deny some people their right to protest, just because some come from the middle class and prefer latte macchiato royal instead of regular coffee.

Of course, There are some BLM protesters who do not serve the organisation's purpose by harassing people & attacking restaurants. The people responsible for this need to be held accountable. However, picking out the outliers is not fair to the majority of protesters who acted civil during the manifestations (93%). We've already seen that Trump's nitpicking of certain escalated events & excessive use of force only allows racial injustice to maintain and will therefore contribute to more civil unrest. From that perspective, I think Trump's law and order strategy is actually exacerbating the racial divide, not really addressing it by bringing people together via diplomacy like a normal president should.

• Like Like x 1
    27. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      It's pretty damn strange stuff. I've never heard of it before but gave the Wiki article on it a quick read over.

I can't see it becoming mainstream in Europe at least.

• Like Like x 1
    28. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Okay. I won't name call anymore. Besides, I think it is futile to change anyone's mind including on here. Imho, it's doesn't matter if I am civil or not.

But, I will offer a viewpoint if I am allowed. But, I won't post as much on the topic. I think you probably already are aware of the info in those links.

Yeah, they are both bad. But, I already suggested they are both globalist puppets, right? I don't want to kick the dead horse but that theory fell on deaf ears. What a horrible expression for this site.

29. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm sure many are trying to turn this into the this year's "lock her up!" slogan ala 2016 with Hillary's emails, but let's gain some perspective here. Trump has cruised through literally a crisis a day but the moment there's some chum in the water, MAGA types do nothing but talk about it as if it's THE deciding issue of the election. My point is that there is no objective sense of weighting these issues. If you're for Trump then the least whiff of scandal on team Biden is blown out of proportion and all of Trump's scandals (impeachment included) are forgotten or rationalized away.

30. Luman
      Benevolent

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The BLM movement is not only a total waste of time, it's facilitating violence. For the umpteenth time, for those who are not aware, the police unions, the politicians who support them the other unions who refuse to kick them out of the AFL-CIO, Teamsters, etc. are responsible for keeping bad, mad-dog cops on the force, who should have either never been hired, or fired long before they have the opportunity to unjustly kill somebody. Any other solution, is a waste of time. BLM would never been necessary in the first place, had there been no police unions. The latte-drinking liberals, the radical white ultra millionaire social register New Afrikan Black Panther Party (a Maoist organization) supporters who riot and destroy when they're not socializing at their yacht clubs, are all wrong, every last one of them, including others that I have left out, who do not understand the politics of cop unions.

I'm with Malcolm X, who said, about those of his community who voted Democrat, "You're a chump". His words, made 55 years ago, ring true for many, today, and you don't have to be black to understand and agree. They are selling a bill of goods. Biden is not going to last for four years, he's already as much as admitted it, and as for the person that will take over as president, I don't even want to go into that, at the moment, suffice to say that it will be an extremely sad day for America if she does.

Don't be a Chump, Vote TRUMP!

• Informative Informative x 1