6 Months & Tinnitus Still Going Strong But So Am I :)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Jade, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Jade, for sure the "decor" is much better! Great way to put it!! Having a great day despite T, and wish you a lovely weekend Down Under!! :D

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      @Jade soul mate in T luv ya xx from the other side of the world xxx

3. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'm currently a stay at home mama (31 - although I think you may be a little younger...) but in my previous life I was in charge of contractors and inductions for several open cut sites and had a stint in the safety department of an underground (dream job until I fell pregnant and became too sick to work).The work with the contractors was the best job - once the guys got over the fact that I was a) a girl, and b) knew what I was talking about, I made some awesome mates (I wasn't staff either so I think that helps lmao) so while not an operator - pretty much every male I know is.
      T certainly wasn't/isn't spoken about but my dad -who has T- talks a lot to the guys in his site and so many also have T - some have hearing loss, some don't, although a few have significant hearing loss and no T at all.
      Dad did comment the other day that the guys getting T and getting younger and younger ... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics, Beats by Dre, Work

Good morning @Amelia,

31 I'm not too far behind you (2yrs) Your job sounds like fun, underground too how cool. I have never been under ground I think it would do my head in, open cut is enough for me lol.
      Your a MaaMa, its the best job in the world isn't it! I have 2 girls 10 & 5 and I adore being their mum :LOL:, how old are your little one's?

Your dad is right about younger people getting T more and more, its rife where I am and other sites I've been to aswell, but I think the ridiculously loud quality head phones like Beats by Dr Dre have added a fair few new younger generations into the T pile as well, I do believe my Beats were a large factor for me with T.

Hope you and your littlies have a great day xo

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hello beautiful @Cher69
      I'm still loving your new hair! Hope your having a great day way over there
      Love you xox

6. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hi Jade, some days i cope better than others, like yesterday i managed ok, but this morning i've been crying all morning and i just feel like giving up!!! the t is in both ears and it's a hissing sound along with some distant drumming ... you have obviously taken control of your t and are doing great, i wish i could. Thankyou for asking about me, you're a very lovely and caring human being ... have a wonderful day!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Good morning @carol kane ,

Hun I'm so sorry your having one of those mornings :cry: I remember them all too well as it wasn't that long ago, like last night first night back (we do straights 5/5) and I put my earplugs in and my ears omg they were incredibly noisy! I do this little thing with myself when I hear my T louder then usual if clench my teeth together and if my T is noisier when I clench then I tell myself your ok, your just being more sensitive then usual however tonight I had crickets, pulsate T & weird shit I have never heard before it was all so high pitched and echoing what seemed like my skull I could have so easily lost my marbles, even when I clenched my teeth together it didn't trump what was already going on inside my head so I knew this was a whole new ball game. The thing is its so easy to panic & fret & fear the noise in our heads but.... (don't slap me when I say this) its just a noise..... its certainly punishing & tormenting on every level but our ears still work, our hearts are still beating, our bodies can still hug and kiss our loved ones and we are only impaired if we let it disable us. I am no Marta by any means but I have lived with and through some pretty terrible things that no kid/ young teenager should ever have see or go through and unfortunately the bastard who dealt my cards has thrown me another curve ball like yourself.

Talk soon xo

• Like Like x 1
    8. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      @Jade - my little ones are almost 5 (my daughter) and almost 2 (my son) - they both keep me in my toes but my boy - woah ... I was not at all prepared for his level of energy! But I wouldn't change being a mama for the world. By far my greatest accomplishments :)

Plus the level of noise in my house is a huge help in masking ... Although they both have incredibly high pitched screams which may have attributed to my T in the first place ;p

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13

10. carol kane
      Wishful

carol kane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Thank you Jade, you truly are an amazing young woman, i feel so much better thanks to you!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    11. Nathaniel Teposo
      Anime

Nathaniel Teposo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma
      Really appreciate sharing your story. I have struggled for 5 weeks and still trying to habituate but some days it seems it is all I can focus on. but im inspire with your story.

Best wishes to you and godbless...

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hello @Nathaniel Teposo ,

I'm so glad I have shed a little light for you :)

Oh 5 weeks in hey... @ 5 weeks I was still a freaking mess lol, crying, panicking, worried beyond belief & riddled with dread that this is as good as its gonna get but I assure you, YOU get better, please keep in contact and let me know how you are going, do you have any clue as to why you might have T, you look young.

Have a great day mate look forward to hearing from you xo

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Nathaniel Teposo
      Anime

Nathaniel Teposo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 1, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced trauma
      Yeah, 1st week having it is like hell to me, sleepless night,depression,anxiety and suicidal thoughts got to me. I think what caused my T is the loud bang noise of a fire cracker that my cousin lighted up.
      Well, there's no doubt and I don't blame them cause it was just an accident and at this moment my T sounds lime in a low volume and it just affect my sleeping hours.

Thanks for dropping by and sorry for the bad English, I'm just kinda not used to it.
      :)

14. Nich
      Batty

Nich Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing. I'm 5 weeks in as of today. Working hard to take the emotional response from the T. Not an easy task and I still have lots of anxiety/panic that affects my eating and sleeping. Been having a couple of hard days and really appreciate you posting this.

15. Poonam Tiwari

Poonam Tiwari Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      Well done Jade! My T is not new. I am struggling to cope with it. Doctors haven,t told me any reason for it. I am the mother of two daughters. My entire family is messed up because of this problem. I am depressed but your post came in as a boost to me.
      Thanks a lot

• Hug Hug x 2
    16. Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      Jade i think i love you, what a really nice and caring person you are!:D

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Nathaniel Teposo ~ Sorry it has taken me so long to reply!
      How are you? How is you T going? No more thoughts I hope :(
      Look forward to hearing from you :)
      PS: your English is great

Hello @Poonam Tiwari ,
      I'm sorry to hear that.... I have 2 daughters aswell & I know the affect it can have on your family when "mum" is stressed out especially when she just cant turn the problem off or walk away from it (T). How are you coping now? How is your little family?

Hi @Christian_B HAHA how cute are you! How are you handsome? How is your T going?:p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    19. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Hi Jade what a very nice post you have written. I am Sandra from holland and 7.5 months T. Its going better than the first months and i have days that i dont care about it but than all of a sudden bam T is the only thing i can think off. Making me nervous etc. I am not affraid but just nervous en al i want to do is run run run. But we all know we cant run away from it. I do all the things before i had T, but i am affraid that one day it wil come worse. I cant hear it in the shower, tapping water, car driving and most of the time when i am outside. I think my T comes fom loud noises but not sure. I notice when i am having stress the sounds goes up. I hear a high hissing, crickets and in a silent room i somethimes hear the wind or the noise when you come home from a party. Mine T goes up and down, very strange. Do you think in time i will be ok with it?

Thank you.

20. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @sandra72 I think in time you will be just fine.

I always try to think about the first months I got T, it was pure hell and torture every minute of the day, but today, even though it is just as loud as it was in the beginning I am coping much better with it, it is still hissing and whining with its high pitched tone but I respond less and less to it. Sometimes I even completely forget about it for a couple of hours (on the good days).

I have good and bad days , on the good days it is easily pushed away, on the bad days I hear above almost everything but I just do not care about it as I used to, I still get upset and annoyed by it alot though. I think in time we will all adjust to it and put it back in a little corner of the brain where it belongs.

My T is pretty reactive to sound but if I can learn not to emotionally respond to my T everytime it gets louder it won't matter.

• Like Like x 2
    21. S.Bla
      Angelic

S.Bla Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thank you for giving hopehope Jade ;)

22. Blueberry

Blueberry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you Jade, thank you Bart… :)

23. Christian_B
      No Mood

Christian_B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07-2014
      I'm okay, ty. i don't visit this board/forum anymore rly, since i find it unnecessary.

i don't rly give a fuck about my tinnitus anymore (im tired of calling it T.), it's still annoying, but mine i caused by some jaw thingy.. you're handsome :D

24. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Same here! I call it noise, but whatever you call it, it sure is debilitating.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jade
      Lucky

Jade Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/07/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey guys,

Just checking in, haven't been on here for a while ~ I hope you are all well & wonderful. If you have any questions or if there is anything I can help anyone with post me a comment or drop me a PM.

Have a great day

XO

• Friendly Friendly x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    26. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Nice to have you back, Jade. It must be great weather where you are. We are still frozen up north although Vancouver is an exception. LOL. Love to read your posts as I often quote you and AnneG etc. as the outstanding example of courage and strength among female members in overcoming their loud T. Though I am habituated too to my T, I still enjoy reading your success post a lot and imagine what it is like to have loud T and yet drive those big trucks. Some uncommon stamina of tough character of a lady. Simply amazing. Hope to see more of your encouraging posts to help out newer sufferers.

27. Honey_Bee
      Barefooter

Honey_Bee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      I love this post! It is so positive :love: thanks Jade!

28. Beowulf Agat
      Creative

Beowulf Agat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Jade!
      Thanks for the wonderful post, it brings hope to all of us. I am a long time sufferer (16years) and I have been able to deal with T pretty well during the years. I recently got a terrible spike that really has me on the edge, my motivation and calm are all gone at the moment. I am having some good moments but I think there's a long way to go...

So again, thank you so much for your lovely post, it really means the world to me...
      Have a wonderful day.

29. kiran kumar

kiran kumar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild hearing loss
      4 months in with my T. IT'S getting better.. Thanks to the forum

• Like Like x 1
    30. Tracy Kelly

Tracy Kelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2015
      Jade, I am glad your coming to grips with this evil little ringing in your ears, I also am an heavy equipment operator back at work doing the same ole thing...funny as I am setting hear reading this my ears are ringing and driving me crazy....but you have given me some hope.Thanks Tracy