6 Weeks In — What Options Do I Have?

Discussion in 'Support' started by dm222, Apr 5, 2018.

1. dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after cold and ear syringing 20-30% of volume 06/2018
      Hello,

Just wanted to ask what options do I have at 6 weeks in? What should I do?
      Did not notice improvements so far...

My ear unblocked after taking an anti allergenic and I think I'm hearing better but the tinnitus is pretty much the same.

My tinnitus is very mild (or inexistent as it is the same as the unaffected ear, I believe almost everyone has a bit) if I avoid all noise, when sleeping or short after waking up but it is so sensitive to noise that being in an environment above 35-40 dB for more than a few minutes will cause it to spike to moderate, because of that I can actually feel it ringing all day, worse at night... It is virtually impossible to avoid all noise above 35 dB.... (is this kind of tinnitus usual and it gets better??)

The first two weeks I had problems sleeping but still was able to function.
      From the 3rd week until last I entered into depression because it's not getting better.

Since last week I'm medicated to sleep and my mood improved a bit, but not the tinnitus.

Thanks.

2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Did you visit and ENT/Audiologist yet? If not, you should. It's good you are seeing doctors for mood stabilization but you should still attack the Tinnitus source if possible.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      6 weeks in is a VERY short time. You are doing well and you need to give your situation some time. Time and some adjustments + support are crucial for those that suffer from tinnitus...especially when their tinnitus is brand new. up to 70 + Db is average noise. Once it gets to 80 and louder then it can be very annoying and you should protect your ears.

Overall, try to relax and take it easy. If your tinnitus came because of an cold, it might possibly get lower(volume/intensity) or it might go away. We cannot predict what happens with tinnitus, but most of the cases with tinnitus are from LOUD sounds and places (basically noise induced). Protect your ears and try to live your life. You still can live a pretty good life, you just need to make some adjustments. Do not fear every sound your hear and try to protect your ears from all sounds.

This simply leads to fear, OCDs and tons of stress. Stress by itself is at times worst than sounds, and it can possibly cause spikes.

All of us had to make adjustments and still make them.

Keep up the good work!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      two.
      It was after syringing but I remember I had a bit before but not as bad...

The noise is like a leaking football ball in the background... And a hiss...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Going through a bad day....

During the day I was completly fine, but now cant sleep its louder!

Tried to live my life as before for one day HUGE spike even given the fact that I was not exposed to loud noises... Just 8 hours workplace 40-50db (I work on IT, in a room with around 80 person working it can get very bad) and 10 minutes car 60-70db.

Been using ear plugs for the car and when outside, at the job I cant... Today I didnt.

Watched one tv show almost at the minimum volume (without headphones)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noticed I have distorted hearing, I hear a small hiss bip bip bip, when I'm listening to running water for example...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know if I have it available in my country but would at this point HBOT be helpful?

Or do more harm?

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I don't know about Hbot im sorry.
      See your doctor if you still can not sleep and keep relaxing music on around you .
      Love glynis

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      dm222
      Fine

dm222 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018/02/23
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      can't do that, any sound makes the tinnitus worse.

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Maybe set the sound on the lowest setting through pillow speakers or a natural sound or window open.
      Keep experimenting....
      Good luck...love glynis