A.I. Art

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by another sean, Mar 13, 2023.

1. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      A.I. Art has been getting interesting these past few months. If anyone has created any, please share some of your results and maybe mention what you were originally going for as sometimes A.I. can output crazy results and it would be neat to see how close or how far it came to your original idea (prompt).

Here are some of my results:

A Space Turkey.

grid_0-1.jpg

The Dalai Lama driving car because I've never seen him drive before.

grid_0-4.jpg

The Dalai Lama driving a Ferrari because why not.

grid_0-5.jpg

A protestor throwing flowers. Iinspired by Banksy but I did not mention Banksy in my prompt. The 4th one cracks me up because it looks like he's trying to sell flowers that are on sale to the cops in the middle of a riot.

grid_0-8.jpg

Kurt Cobain riding a Harley because he never would.

grid_0-3.jpg

A purple poodle laughing.

grid_0-6.jpg

Mickey Mouse hugging money.

grid_3.jpg

A wizard holding a lightsaber while riding a unicorn in space.

grid_1.jpg

A pug meditating.

grid_4.jpg

And lastly, I asked A.I. to simply draw tinnitus.

grid_.6png.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. momus

momus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      Whoa! Those are some very interesting images. I'm an artist/potter/photographer (film, no digital), and these pics make me think of the original film version of Blade Runner. I've been reading Philip Dick for ages, and he was the number one guy to go to for AI, and still is. Many of his short stories touch on this subject, as well as all the problems that could surely come from it. As someone who hand makes everything, it all seems very strange.

As much as I don't want to admit it, AI images could take off in art galleries. You won't have to give the machine 30% to 50% as you would a human artist, and the novelty of it might be interesting to consumers as well as collectors. But, and there is always a "but", the problem is until they can teach the machine to actually wield a brush to paint on canvas or linen, or make art prints, there is going to be the issue of permanence. Nothing that is ink printed or machine printed today can match the archival ability of a painting or a darkroom print. We know paintings and art prints can last many, many centuries. A properly made darkroom photograph or an alternative analog print can last 200 years, perhaps more.

The danger of all this is, a digitally made photograph either by AI or otherwise cannot be taken as fact. No one can know if the image is of a real thing or not, while I can always show the negative as verifiable proof. Even security cameras that use digital images to record a crime are suspect. Someone could have taken the hard drive and changed the images to show something else. Even if the image is in the cloud, it is still on a server somewhere. If it is physically on a server, it can be hacked or accessed. There is not a 100% sure way to know that it hasn't been changed to my knowledge.

The best usage for AI in art may be for 3-D sculptures. Just load the file into the printer, there's your statue. Again, who knows about permanency, but this may be able to be addressed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      It is a fascinating way of creating art. A cooperation in a way, because a person supplies the impulses and the A.I. puts them into something visual.

I gave it a try last night and the results range from disturbing to "Oh, how cute is that?"

It's all about the words / ideas you supply and I'm not really good at that, yet. But it has been a fun couple of hours and my friend ended up with what must have been her weirdest birthday card. Ever. Because, apparently, this is what an A.I. thinks of if you tell it to use the words "birthday celebration, Australia, girls go wild"

Screenshot - 15_03.jpg

After that I decided to add Giger Art. And after that van Gogh. Well, the results made for a bunch of rather unique birthday cards :)

Screenshot - 15_03 005.jpg

Screenshot - 15_03 003.jpg

Of course, I had to give the tinnitus / hyperacusis impulses a try, too.

Screenshot - 14_03 069.jpg

Screenshot - 14_03 019.jpg

Screenshot - 14_03 020.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Guywithapug, you just have to have a look at that!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm a photographer as well (digital but looking for a Rolleiflex) and what I find great with AI art is it can give artists inspiration to create new original work. This is like a supercharged version of a sketch. When I have a photography idea, I sketch the scene. I can't draw to save my life so it's just stick figures and very basic, but with AI, I can describe my vision in extreme detail, some of my prompts are a full paragraph down to what lens to use and what aperture, and AI spits out my vision plus more and helps me visualize what's working and what's not even before I start set dressing. I find it such an invaluable tool as a photographer because I have hundreds of ideas that I can't afford money and time wise to do so I can enter them into AI and gets quick feedback before spending a lot of money prepping for actual shoots and pick the ideas/concepts that seems to be working the best.

Also many AI photographers, as many admit it, depend on AI heavily but they also composite with other results like hands from one and faces from another, and alter and refine it extensively that it can be considered original art. An AI photographer I follow is Tim Tadder. He's putting out really impressive work. And it's all AI. And the photographer in me thinks it's visually amazing but now I want to create that in real life with my camera. So the inspiration from AI to the desire to then make it real I find is very powerful artistically.

I see AI affecting several artistic industries in the coming years. For example, fashion photographers. AI can now generate perfect realistic models and soon you can just feed in images of the product like clothing or jewelry and just describe the scene and boom. The ad agency just saved tens of thousands of dollars. The only time you'll need a photographer is if a celebrity is used, until they agree to digital scans, for the name. But no-name models, those shoots will be toast. I see that same for Architects. Just ask AI to blueprint a house in arts and crafts style 2300 sqft in size with 2 bed and 3 baths. Done.

Your Blade Runner reference was interesting so I generated Mickey Mouse and the city of Paris in that style:

Mickey Mouse in the style of Blade Runner:

blade1.jpg

The city of Paris in the style of Blade Runner:

blade2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is both hideous and amazing knowing what your prompt was.

I hope you don't mind but I used your prompt to see what would happen.

Leila's prompt: birthday celebration, Australia, girls go wild:

aus.jpg

Why are there animals joining in? And why are they wearing party hats?

I tried to have no animals and make it more realistic but no matter what, there are always animals joining in. I think it's because of the words "Australia" and "wild".

aus2.jpg

Why is the hyena/giraffe eating her hair? And what is that one girl doing to that cheetah's mouth? And is that Steve Erwin sitting in the corner? So many questions.

OK I give up.

aus3.jpg

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's more what I had in mind when I typed in my prompts. I don't really mind the animals, especially not the typical Australian, but some of them make me wonder whether the A.I. had been thinking about the map of the world before the continental drift.

Thanks for creating those images for me, @another sean, I'm sure my friend will have a much easier time now to connect them with her birthday :)

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      OK, I know I said I gave up yesterday but I came up with something that might have worked better and I think I got a much more realistic result now. OK, promise, last one.

ausnew1.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    9. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Looked like Ozzy Osbourne to me.
      and top right is Toni Collette.
      Remind you of any of the birthday parties you ever went wild at @tpj?

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. tpj
      Sad

tpj Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably noise
      Wild? I'm very shy and reserved I'll have you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Chrono Trigger meets 80s fantasy film.

Chrono Trigger as an 80's Dark Fantasy Film

Reference:

56840C11-022F-4755-8ED9-19ED40848794.jpeg

Artwork was done by world-renowned Japanese artist, Akira Toriyama.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1