A New Routine — Cutting Out Bad Food and Keeping Inflammation at Bay

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Oct 19, 2021.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi folks,

After careful observation of many things in my life, I needed to make some modifications and change things up a bit. Folks, my diet has been somewhat poor, I really try to do my best to eat well, but it was not helping me out.

One thing that I have learned from my observations is that inflammation + a bad diet could have possibly been annoying my tinnitus, and I already have horrible ringing but it has been worst. The inflammation was also affecting other areas of my health as well. I had to sit down and think of the foods, beverages and anything else that might cause me inflammation.

My ringing is a lot worst after having inflammation and my case is already very bad.

My stress levels have been high as well, it's hard to live with intrusive tinnitus and be very relaxed. I have decided to just do my best to release stress as much as possible. @Jazzer makes some good points on meditation and just controlled breathing, I am doing more of this lately and I am going for a nice mellow walk to just relax my mind.

The inflammation + stress has been making my ringing worst and I had to do something and I had to change my ways.

I have worked very hard at this, cutting out bad food and trying to keep inflammation at bay has been very hard and still is. Doing more breathing, controlling stress has been very helpful.

These 2 factors were making my tinnitus worst and after long enough observations, I had to make changes and it has helped a bit.

This is a continuous process for me, Only I can help myself and my situation and I am committed to keep moving forward.

I hope this post, might be helpful to all of you...

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      Thanks brother. I need to do this as well. Your posts do help.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This takes time (researching and going after a low inflammation diet), it's a slow process. I have been researching tons of food that might not cause inflammation.

As I always say in my posts, it's a day by day ordeal. It takes time to get something going.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      So what’s the diet like? Chicken, sweet potatoes, eggs etc?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We are all different, but I have cut out lots of the bad carbs and reduced it + added good carbs. You can read about bad carbs and how they don't provide much value to our nutrition. I firmly believe that our nutrition and how we diet is very important.

Inflammation has bothered me quite a bit, but now after I have changed things up. It feels a little better, but I still have to keep at it and keep going.

• Like Like x 1
    6. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      I was thinking of trying a water fast for 7 days and then transition to intermittent fasting. From there I would then keep my meals simplistic but beneficial to the body. Low carbs, clean proteins, and healthy fats.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      If your tinnitus is noise induced, eating won’t affect it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inflammation can affect the tinnitus. It can possibly add unwanted stress to the body and that stress can annoy the tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's a good idea to take it slow. Journal what you are doing and how you are feeling.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      This isn’t true. It’s well known that many foods and supplements can have an impact on tinnitus and hyperacusis. There is also emerging evidence that a low histamine diet could dramatically improve tinnitus and hyperacusis. It has already helped several people with noise induced tinnitus/hyperacusis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      Dunno. I was noise induced and when I eat too much salt I seem to randomly start losing my hearing.

Noise trauma causes all kinds of cascades to kick off, it's literally like giving your ear a virus.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Very interesting. With Ménière’s my hearing drops precipitously with salt and MSG on hearing tests, but I can’t detect it myself.

• Informative Informative x 1
    13. Travis Henry
      Cynical

Travis Henry Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 Moderna Vac, Noise and stress I guess, its killing me
      I believe my tinnitus is mostly noise induced and a bad diet seems to spike mine tremendously.

• Informative Informative x 1