A Question to All Bodybuilders and Lifters (Hearing Protection, Occlusion Effect, Blood Pressure...)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jiri, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I don't agree and I'm older than you are!! I've also been following the threads longer since you just got T recently. But to each his own. Everyone has to find their own way to deal with this condition. Many of us share what works for us but that doesn't mean it will work for the next person. I myself have chosen to be positive and optimistic.

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Lol you've just said that you are a girl. Do you even know how old I am?
      Well, that's certainly good for you. I like your attitude. I wish I could be more like you in this respect.

Tell me at least, has your tinnitus got better over the time or it remained the same?

3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      A cure for tinnitus wont come out for a good while (20-30 years), there are other diseases that have a higher priority.

4. Flamingo1

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Well you mentioned college bars and not having kids yet, and I'm way past that. So you're definitely younger than I am unless... you're one of those creepy old men who like to hang out at college bars too pick up on girls young enough to be their granddaughter. ;) [Apologies in advance to anyone on TT who fits that description. I can't imagine you get that much action.]
      I do think it's faded. And I'm no longer freaked out by the noise which may be due to habitation. Listening to soft nature type sounds at night while you sleep via a sound machine may help your H and T. That's what I was told and that's what I did. Now I no longer need it to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Good news! Finally.
      Ok, you're older than me then lol and I assure I'm not one of those creepy old men who do that... though I can understand them. We're only men, you know. I think a better solution for them is a fully loaded Visa or Mastercard tbh then creeping around college bars, if you know what I mean ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Flamingo1

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma