All Things Are Possible to Him Who Believes.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joe P. Tamborra, Apr 18, 2015.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Faith is funny :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I wish i would know why is it so fragile, but i still believe in its beautiful design.
      Why the limbs, teeth or hair cells do not regrow? I don't know.
      Why chicken hair cells are better then human? I have no idea?
      All i know is that hair cells pretty cool and smart design.
      Maybe i am wrong. Maybe evolution will make it regrow but as far as I see the world, we do more and more damage to our most valuable organs like eyes and ears. (don't want to even talk about what kind of chemicals we digest on daily basis)

Do you consider a perfect design a design that fixes itself no matter what?

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      as a basically atheistic skeptic, I don't think it's funny at all. I have faith that I will (continue to) find better and more productive ways to deal with my problems and pains; if I didn't, I'd probably have offed myself long ago, because I have absolute, fact-based certainty that my body will fall apart and I will experience more pain and awfulness as I age.

In a very visceral way, I don't think this is much different than someone having faith that there's an afterlife, or that they will eventually break the Karmic chain into Nirvana, or any other such thing. All three ideas are based on a magical view of the universe that can't be substantiated from the available data.

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I see what you are saying , and I guess I also have some sort of faith in finding way to deal with my problems.
      I do think that religion is funny though , not just because ..I think its a huge misunderstanding.
      Which is funny.

5. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tamalak Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      I was a stone cold atheist before, during and after my horrible 4 year bout with tinnitus. At no point did I consider it an attempt to "teach me a lesson", or think about what a higher power wanted me to do, or even think that maybe I deserved it for the bad things I have done. I was cured. Meanwhile wonderful, gentle people out there, believers in God and feeling no entitlement, pray in tears every single day for relief or at least guidance and get NOTHING.

The original poster here is speaking falsehoods, well-intended or not. There is no cause or effect to be had here between faith and T.

Any sanity, mercy or justice that exists, we must create ourselves. T is a medical problem to be cured. Nothing else.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I concur. Faith isn't going to cure tinnitus and if god were real he wouldn't allow such suffering, least that's my take. Anyway, if there is a god, he's got a lot to answer for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      • Agree Agree x 2
    9. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @Tamalak Hang on, you were cured ? Praise the lord !
      Kidding , tell me more ?

10. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      I posted in success stories, RaZaH. The cure was mostly luck, as well as the basic intelligence to ignore the obviously clueless ENTs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      4 years after onset , that sounds encouraging, must look up that post.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Don't think it was God, just lucky.

13. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      Not at all. From an evolutionary standpoint, there is no such thing as "a perfect design"

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      bwspot, I really like your intuitive thoughts. It seems the Creator is
      opening up your understanding in a way that you will soon come to
      know Him personally, not just through the testimony of others.

15. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Ok, what are you on about?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      If we that have afflicting tinnitus are never cured, and there is no such thing as eternal life, what a terrible fate we have to endure. The bible says that, "the sufferings of this present time are not to be compared to the glory that shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)Scripture also says, "many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all."(Psalms34:19)Also scripture says, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." (1Cor.15:19) From these few short verses we can clearly see that the life of a believer is a life of hardship. The Word of God teaches us that believers are living in a foreign land, and there is much spiritual opposition. Believers as unbelievers were born with a sinful nature that must be brought in to subjection to the Holy Spirit of God. There is a mad Devil and a large amount of evil angels that add further opposition to the life of a man or women of God. Along the way many experience real trying situations that rob them of their faith in God. God never promised any of us a life of ease and comfort, but He did say ,"In this world you shall have tribulation."(John 16:33) These earthly bodies that we live in are only temporary and they are susceptible to sickness and disease, as well as injury. God allows us to experience pain and suffering that we will not miss a chance of having eternal life. If He left us to our own devices, we never would see our great need for coming in to a personal relationship with our Creator. Tinnitus could be just the thing that God uses to turn you spiritual life around. If He allowed you to continue on your merry way, you may have led a life of ease for awhile, but missed experiencing what He really wants for you, eternal life.

• Funny Funny x 2
    17. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Joe....What are you on about?

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Danny, I'm saying it will all come out in the wash for men and women of faith. It does not matter how rough we have it in this temporary existence; God will reward those who maintain a faith life. The reward will be a very bright future (eternal life). Even the originator of our faith (Jesus) had a hard time in this world. He was labeled a fraud, drunkard, false prophet, gluttonous, demon possessed and crazy. He also died a very excruciating death with nails being driven through some of the most sensitive tissue in the body, His hand and feet. However He now reigns in heaven as the greatest of all.

19. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      He means us non believers are condemned. It's the usual rhetoric he's been throwing out with every post on here.

Then you can keep your God. What a spiteful piece of shit. Though if you've read both old and new testaments you'd find this "God" character is no stranger to horrendous acts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    20. Tamalak
      Volatile

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2011
      I think the idea that Tinnitus is "God communicating with you" is the last thing in the world that would drive T sufferers to become Christians.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joe P. Tamborra
      Inspired

Joe P. Tamborra Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic neuroma tumor
      Mistakes are painful when they happen, But years later a collection of mistakes called Experience which leads us to success!

• Informative Informative x 1
    22. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      This is why I strongly disagree with anyone who say's that the bible is the word of a loving God, any person with some sort of an IQ can see it is written by man and it is mans attempt at indoctrination and control.

No loving God would tell followers to stone to death adulterers.

Or threaten non belief with eternal damnation in the fires of hell.

Allow his followers to be eaten by lions.

Help Moses and Gideon kill thousands of people.

Drown the entire population of the earth: men, women and children. Genesis 7:21-23

Orders the slaughter of all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle. Exodus 12:29

Helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites. 2 Chronicles 13:15-18

Kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then kills Lot’s wife for looking back at her burning home. Genesis 19:24

Some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. 2 Kings 2:23-24

Allow Jephthah to burn his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God’s favor in killing the Ammonites. Judges 11:30-39

Command that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

And I have merely scratched the surface, how the F#@K can somebody worship that!

• Like Like x 4
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    23. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014

24. Mark Beehre
      Facebooking

Mark Beehre Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2008 // 11/2014
      Hey @RichL

I revisited this particular topic out of idle curiosity and read your post. This got me thinking because what you wrote isn't entirely untrue but then it isn't so very black and white as you choose to put it. You also missed all the amazing things God has done as written in the Bible....anyway I digress...but here we go line for line.

I don't believe God ever did. He gave the 10 commandments to the Israelites, of which one is "Thou Shall Not Kill".

In fact when Jesus was here on earth he rescued a woman who was going to be stoned by coming to her defense and saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

I am guessing that you have children, or are at least familiar with them. One does not always do what he is told. As his children, we don't always do what we are told. Is that a poor reflection on our parents or is a poor reflection on us? I am sure there a differing perspectives there....

Jesus never threatened hell, but he did warn those people who did not follow him would end up following the wrong path that leads to death. The path of Christ leads to resurrection and new life. To put this in simpler terms, me warning you not to take a certain route on your way home due to an accident is about saving you time on your journey. I am not making a threat to you, just giving you advice.

What makes it hell is its absence of God. You have decided that you don't want God to have a place in your life so that is where you go. He honors your request.

What is hell like? No idea, I haven't been there and don't plan on going. But there are countless stories of people who have died for minutes had a visit to that place and come back and changed there life so fundamentally as a result. They have all said that it was evil beyond there expectations, which would be true if God is not there since he and evil cannot co-exist.

Moses only killed one person from memory. Joshua was the person who led the Israelite's into the promised land and yes lots of people died. There was a reason for this. God knew that if they allowed alternatives to belief in him as the one and only God to flourish then his people would ultimately rebel. As it happened they allowed one tribe of locals to remain which caused said rebellion in later years and led to God's people being conquered.

Worth pointing out that the Canaanites and other "nites" living in those territories were known for the sacrificing of children on altars. They would have made interesting neighbors...

The world was a very wicked place. God only found one family who was actually committed to him. This was his last children that recognized him and listened to him. He didn't want to lose that, so he took away all that he created and made a fresh start. Hard to stomach aye! Worth pointing out that God did give people an opportunity to repent and change....he always gives his warnings.

Yup, because Pharaoh wouldn't let his children go. He gave 10 warnings before each through Moses and each outcome got progressively worse, but they were ignored. If someone had your children held captive and you had the power for the dramatic I wonder how you might do it differently. :)

The people in Sodom and Gamorrah were the wicked of the wicked. They would rape strangers, rape children, rape family members, sacrifice children to the stake and commit all sorts of heinous crimes. They were like a cult but brutal. Does that convict them to death? I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't want them living in my neighborhood like that.

Lots wife looked when commanded not too because she was losing something that was important to her. That style of living was her life, what she wanted, that's why Lot lived there. God was giving her a chance to start fresh and do things differently, but she was unwilling to change. If you read on further you find out that Lots two daughters got him drunk and took turns at having sex with him, so that they would have children for themselves. It's not natural, but was the culture of the city from where they lived.

Anyway I thought I would stop there...

I don't disparage you for not believing the Bible. But if you want to quote it, I would encourage you take the time to understand the context of the stories and the history of that time. :)

25. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi @Mark Beehre , Please, if you will, enlighten me of all the good things that God of the bible has done!

Yet God did nothing to put a stop to all the killing,(stoning etc) that was being committed in his name?
      I know that if some asshole was killing and committing atrocities in my name, that, or those people would soon be getting a free trip to the hospital and I, have no God like powers, God help them if I did!, I think you get were I'm going on that subject!

Jesus is not God, (I know that some Christians believe that they are one and the same, but not all religions do so) in fact the only good things that were actively done in the bible was by Jesus, before the new testament, God did nothing to help humanity except supposedly talk to a chosen few!

Hell is threatened in numerous books of the bible, especially the old testament, which is full of rape, murder and destruction, all in the name of God, if, as you say, Jesus never threatened hell, why then, have the writers of the bible thought fit to add this in?, Just another point of evidence that indicates a man written book that has no divine intervention from an all loving God at all!

It is truly unfathomable that God saw fit to let his son(himself?) be executed for all mans sin, not only that, but destroy the planet of nearly all life because he saw that the world was, (as you say) wicked.
      When one looks at the world today there are dozens of atrocities committed in Gods name just in the middle east alone let alone the rest of the world and when one thinks of all the atrocities since the so called flood, (the crusades, the Spanish inquisition and the the holocaust just to name a few) one would be hard put to not think that the world was anymore wicked then than it has been during those times!

If I had the power that God supposedly has, do I need to explain what I would and could do?
      He was supposedly able to speak the world and life into existence, It would have been a more lovable and God like act to just speak them free, without any need at all for violence!;)

All that you have listed, rape children, rape family members, and commit all sorts of heinous crimes is happening in the middle east and elsewhere now, not only that, some of these atrocities are sanctioned by law in these country's.
      I don't see cities burning like that in the middle east now.

All of this is no different than what has and is happening all over the world now, seems a bit ungodly like to start burning whole cities and flood the world and then have the sudden realization that "hey this ain't working maybe I better stop" Maybe God makes cock ups as well aye?

I have taken most of my life to understand what is written and the context of it's contents and realize that it contradicts itself numerous times, the old testament is filled with bloodshed and war, where as the new testament has a complete change of tact, looks incredibly like a whoops moment by the authors or author who decided that threatening people with fire and brimstone may not be the best way to indoctrinate people!

Oh, and I fully understand the history of that time which is very much reflected in the draconian laws that still abound in the likes of the Saudi Arabia and the like!;)

• Like Like x 1
    26. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      Is this topic still active.......:rockingbanana:. Just watch some religious guy get "murder" buy Lawrence Krauss. I can feel the frustration of prof Krauss.
      Creationist William Lane Craig gets humiliated...

• Like Like x 1
    27. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      Funny thing Joe. If I would go out for a night in the club and not wear earplugs it is extremely likely that god wants to "talk" to me for a while. And if I wear earplugs god does not want to "talk" to me. I can do this experiment like a million times and I would bet god would want to talk to me every single time I do not wear earplugs.......do you see where I am going....?

isn't it far more likely that tinnitus is just a results from noise exposer and not some made up guy that is trying to save me from hell?

Face it....it is extremely likely that god is just imagination of the human mind.....that is it!

28. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Nobody has any idea whether god exists.
      Nobody can possibly know.
      People can believe in god (I use a small ‘g’ - I wouldn’t wish to revere an entity that may be purely fictional) if they wish, but it is purely a belief born of faith, or guesswork.

Nobody has ever died, and returned to tell the story, unless of course you swallow the bible story.

How to feed 5,000:
      Take five loaves, and two little fishes.
      Take a very sharp knife.
      After the feast there will be twelve baskets full left over.”

I was fed this little gem in Sunday school at age ten. Now I was never that great at maths, but something didn’t seem to add up here, for me.....x

I would not dream of saying there is no god, but I am honest enough, courageous enough, to admit that I don’t have a pickled clue.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      4403E1BF-5E84-477D-897B-47BCD3422D8B.jpeg
      He most certainly did.
      “Cast into lakes if fire!”

• Agree Agree x 3
    30. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      “He ain’t there folks....he never has been.
      He never writes....he never calls.
      How much more disappointment do you need?”

47DDF0AB-9A46-4AE1-B5C8-066DC278FF47.jpeg

Religion?.....nah...not form me thanks,
      I’d rather have a sandwich.
      Anything.....egg and bacon would be nice...xx

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018