Anyone Else Having to Work Less Due to Health Issues?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by gav01, May 31, 2019.

1. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @gav01 -- I would recommend you start experimenting with different things to help balance out your energy, and help you sleep. I use various energetic balancing and spiritual techniques myself, which I wrote about in THIS POST. I also do some other very helpful things like self-acupuncture and self-Gua Sha, both of which help calm my system down and help me sleep. Both of those are practically free, and incredibly effective.

I'm always experimenting with things that will help me sleep, and have learned that it almost always pays to "do something different". I've struggled for many years trying to got on top of my chronic headaches and serious sleep difficulties. With all I've learned and experimented with, I now sleep pretty normally, and it's pretty unusual for me not to get 7-8 hours of sleep. If you can improve your sleep, I think so many other things will improve as well, including your ability to work as well.

Wow, now that's pretty impressive--and quite encouraging!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes, sleep plays a huge part! Sometimes I am fine but it is hit and miss each week.

3. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Well, hearing disabilities have always been ill-treated, the forgotten condition within the disability lists. No government cares about this and no goverment want to help people with hearing problems because there are so many!

Actually, the "normal" hearing thresholds have been redefined. If we went to a doctor 60 years ago, anyone with a hearing loss of 30 dbs in all frequencies would pretty much be considered deaf, and today this is considered as normal hearing, totally normal, not even 5% disability. And that's because there is so much noise everywhere, and so much noise at jobs, factory jobs but also places like call centers. The European welfare state do not want to support these people, injured at jobs. They just want to support lazy people who dont want to work, and give them a basic rent or a subsidy. The US must be even worse.

• Like Like x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ditto except more like three times as much. *knocks on wood*

life is a funny old thing

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am very curious where you're getting this information.

30 db is not considered "normal hearing", it's deep into the "mild hearing loss". range Audiogram-800x723.jpg

What disability this entitles you to in, say, the US military, is based on a complex formula, but would be more than 0%.

I cannot find anything in the literature indicating that these numbers have changed since the 1950s, so please elaborate. It's worth noting that rubbing your fingers together with your hands extended away from someone's ears generates a 30-32db sound for them, so 30db is not exactly "loud", and 30db loss is the difference between hearing someone rubbing their fingers together ~2.5' from your ear, vs having to have the fingers more like 1.5' away.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      You can say that again.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm lucky my boss lets me work at home as much as I want whilst I'm going through this. The work itself isn't that great any more, and I'd probably be thinking about moving jobs, if it wasn't for the above. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

8. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Europe is a joke now. But, Europeans don't complain. They are gutless like Canadians. Both are brainwashed but there is nowhere to move to.

9. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      Pensions and disability % are different for each country. Hearing loss across all frequencies at 30 dB does not entitle to anything at all, since it is classified around 6% hearing loss. They use a formula for this. A dip on the high frequencies barely counts as a % of hearing loss.

10. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      The French do complain. They are the champions at complaining. The Yellow Vests for instance; they burnt Paris.

11. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Complain about what, though? There's a difference.

12. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      The French complain about absolutely everything. I have seen a main avenue in Paris closed, no cars allowed to drive around, just because like 50 guys were demonstrating.

They complain about the shrinking public sector, about pay cuts, benefit cuts, healthcare, pensions, taxes on fuel, etc etc

13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Yet, they voted for Macron and more rights for migrants than their own. They are fools just like any other Western country.

The victims are individuals like us with health problems and no power or influence. Health cuts for what?

The welfare state has been in collapse for years everywhere but governments always seem to have money for other stuff. People are stupid. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. Bobbette

Bobbette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Only a few good welfare countries left in the world, like Denmark.

15. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Not according to what I have read here and what I know about it.

They are all about the same now, more or less. Similar problems. The politicians are all liars and con people. The public have seen services plummet in quality and in every country, there have been cuts and neglect.

For e.g. tinnitus: everyone has the same experience and conclusions regardless of location. The government and health system does not help them. Either they can't get on disability and/or they run through hoops and it's subpar anyway. One is already suffering but the lack of care, concern and empathy shows that the ones in charge are charlatans and liars.

16. Juan

Juan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several causes
      No one in his right mind would have voted for Macron, a posh guy from ENA, who formerly worked for an investment bank, and destroyed a family too… he has all the credentials to be the one guy one should never vote for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      My daughter has my OCD tendencies. She is the worst sleeper. At 10 years old she stays up till 1am sometimes. That is interesting about the checking OCD. That might be part of her issue. I am sorry to hear you are suffering from that. OCD is a crippling Mental Illness.

Even before I actually knew I had OCD I would think about money non-stop. Calculating in my head.

How is the Remeron working for you? Try not to do the OCD thing of looking up every medicine and side effect before you start taking the med. I did that. Not a good idea at all. I really hope you are one of the 60% responders to medication for OCD. Don't give up hope.

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I was reminded of this post today. I like my job I like the people and for the most part like the work, but I just don't think I can do it anymore.
      Traveling and going out to dinner on a regular basis is just too much to put up with when you have hyperacusis and very reactive tinnitus. Add to that all the work stress, hotels, and not knowing or being able to control your environment. I just don't know what to do.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I could not take Remeron more than I have which was only 7.5mg on two separate occasions. It kept me in bed for 12 hours and I still had to force myself out of bed and still felt like I needed to sleep again until I did go back to sleep the next evening. I couldn’t take these again. It made me redundant for about a day or so.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I don’t work enough to cover my bills and my money is dwindling. I haven't slept properly for three weeks due to OCD and worry but also the tinnitus which triggered all this in the first place. Overtime is available so I'm having to force myself to do that before my money runs too low but am already stressing about it over a week before I do it.

Bass makes my body, ears and brain vibrate and would cause my tinnitus to become permanently worse over time. I could stop all of the sound from night club or cinema speakers with earplugs but the bass would do as I explained above. Sound is easier to stop enter the ears than what physical vibrations is.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      As it is now, sure. Sweden has decided to take the fast track to being a state without Scandinavian-type welfare in the near future

• Informative Informative x 1
    22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Your migrants get it though. You get to be the suckers. Norway, Denmark and Finland will follow.

23. COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      Not sure what migrants have to do with anything?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If anything, I have to work more, because my productivity is impacted.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Welcome to my world Alue.

I am trying to reinvent myself and find quiet work, specialized tutoring and teaching small groups of adults. Hyperacusis has basically put me out of my job... it’s that simple.
      I feel your anguish and support you with whatever you decide to do.

Life is so unfair... I am very sorry your in this difficult catch 22. Good luck friend.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Same as England. The lazy lay abouts and many refugees get most of the benefits and cheap or free housing, we don'tget a say in the matter yet we are forced to pay towards it.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    27. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I won't be around but eventually there will be civil war/conflict in these countries. Governments need a scapegoat for when this happens and will blame extremists/whites.

It is sad what is going on in these countries. Tinnitus and hyperacusis are serious health problems for many people but the government neglects these people. It's just one example out of many.

Society tolerates it for now. But wait until economies worsen.

28. sirhand
      Anime

sirhand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/20/2018 4:30 pm
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      4 hour (apparently too loud) headphone session
      My life would be a mess if I only worked 25 hours a week. Part of me wishes I could, the same part that says I would finally have time to make music. But I know that I would just end up wasting the extra time and feel like garbage because of it.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I spend 90% of my time off inactive and my OCD has gotten worse. I’m probably better off trying to work full time again but something tinnitus friendly.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gav01

gav01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I think we might get told off soon for going off topic but it is **** but I doubt anyone will do anything about it even when it gets really bad.