Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Oct 5, 2012.

?

Have you had any success with Apple Cider Vinegar?

1. Yes, it lowered my tinnitus

2. It didn't make any difference to my tinnitus

3. No, it made my tinnitus worse

4. I have never tried it

5. It may have helped: uncertain

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      Hi .bill , how long and how much did you use for this ? Also is your tinnitus from hearing damage or any other source ? thanks

2. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      The American Hearing Foundation has no problem with the procedure of using Peroxide to clean ears as long as there's no perforated ear drum.

http://american-hearing.org/disorders/ear-wax/

With an intact ear drum, there's no path from outside the ear to the inner ear.

4. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      @hans01 it took 5 months for it to go silent. Using 1 tablespoon Into a glass of filtered warm water 3 times a day. T was caused by ear infection.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      Thanks Bill!

6. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Putting acv into your ears is not a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      I don't know probably it's ok if one doesn't have a perforated ear drum. My bad luck I had that when they poured it and tinnitus started.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      I have used this for years now. It helps with the clogged ear sensation. One tablespoon in warm water each morning and I use a straw to protect the enamel on my teeth.

Not good to put it in your ear though! I know from experience. Back in the day....2002...I put it in my ears in droplets. Of course I though more would be better.faster...maybe cure my tinnitus. All it did was dry out my ear canals and then they itched like crazy for a good week or so.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Useful Useful x 1
    9. Burning_Stag
      Mellow

Burning_Stag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 4th, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone,

Just a small intro since I am new to this forum: My tinnitus started back in December of 2017, almost 3 months ago. I can say that it is toning down and now I feel much better than I was two months ago. The problem for me is not just the T, I think I can manage living with it because it's mild and doesn't bother me at all except at night time when I actually put my ear on the pillow. The problem is the weird lightheaded feeling and an occasional "lack of concentration" that comes and goes along with a light dizziness when I move my head and fullness in the ears that gets lightly alleviated when I yawn or swallow. ENT said it's a viral ear infection (labyrinthitis?) and it might last up to two years for remission to occur. I saw his ratings and everyone praises him so I think he knows what he's doing. I'm only 19 and have a future ahead of me so I won't let these symptoms knock me down or prevent me from enjoying what I do or from pursuing my career in programming. (I'm just frustrated please bear with me lol)

Now moving on to the intended topic of this thread; I stumbled upon an ACV treatment by some members who say that it helps them with their T and has other healing properties, but I am not sure how to start with the treatment. I have bought unfiltered ACV which contains the mother but I don't know what the ratio of water to ACV is or whether I should boil the water first then add the ACV. It's just a bit confusing so I would appreciate it if an experienced member would be so kind as to provide proper instructions on how to use ACV. I'm not just using it for the tinnitus to be frank, it's not that much of a bother as the other symptoms accompanying it.
      Best of luck to everyone fighting this battle and hopefully scientists and doctors might develop a cure in our lifetime (read about OTO-413)

10. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      What the heck is "the mother" that everyone keeps talking about?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Its the sediment i think with all the enzymes still in it. ive been using it, i just put 2 tablespoons in about 250ml of tap water and neck it. If your using it to apply to the skin your best off diluting it but not sure on ratios.

Cant say iv noticed any positive difference but Iv not been using it long enough, i have however found that its helped keep my stomach feeling happy. Its certainly good for you no matter what.

12. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      It's simple really.

Just do 1 tablespoon of ACV in water. I usually use an 8 oz glass and almost fill it up. It helps dampen the acidity of the ACV.

13. Tammy Rowe

Tammy Rowe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle ear infection- otaglia
      Is anyone out there having success with apple cider vinegar? Trying to see if you're still tinnitus free after taking apple cider vinegar.

14. advocate21

advocate21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Didn't help me at all.

15. Tammy Rowe

Tammy Rowe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Middle ear infection- otaglia
      I do not think it will help anyone with tinnitus from hearing loss. Only if caused by middle ear or sinus infection.

16. Nathan
      No Mood

Nathan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music, Concert, Bad Luck
      I recently found some apple cider vinegar. I heard that it can help out with tinnitus. Anyone have any experience with this?

0FBED5D3-CE9B-49A7-9980-4D80D6838CCF.jpeg

17. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      For the people who had success with ACV, what caused your Tinnitus? Mine was caused by clonezepam withdrawal. I'd be very interested to learn if there is a particular type of Tinnitus that responds well to ACV. I've been using it. Can't tell yet if it's working.