ARCHES Tinnitus Formula

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Karen, Apr 21, 2012.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      So I figured I'd give this a try for three months as my audiologist suggested. May or may not work but I'm not getting my hopes up. But then I can't say that I never tried. Has anyone ever used it and did it do anything for you?

2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hello@derpytia

Their tinnitus library http://www.tinnitusformula.com/library/ has a lot of information, but most would say their products don't help tinnitus. Some ENT's say they help though, and I don't think they are in any way connected with Arches, so you can best judge for yourself. I have tried them and don't have a definite yes or no if they help.

3. derpytia
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hmmm, well, we'll see what happens I guess. It's mostly for my mother's sake. She heard me say that my audiologist recommended it and I told her it probably wont help but she went and ordered it anyway. I personally don't have much of a hope that anything will help me except habituation and possibly CBT if I can find a darned therapist who can do the job! I'm kinda at a standstill in my habituation process and I keep taking steps backwards and find it very hard to go forwards. So who knows, maybe Arches will pull a miracle on me, but I can't get my hopes up because that'll only be setting myself up for disappointment (as it happens with most things I hope for).

4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I think in your stage it could do some good. I still take it everyday and know some one who took it and swears it helped him a lot. So go for it hope it helps...-fellow musician friend
      Let me know how it goes

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hey @derpytia. I think you're probably right not to get your hopes up about it too much, but I have dear friend who swears by it and takes it daily. I tried it and I am not sure it did much, but it can't hurt to get some extra vitamins for a few months at any rate. At the least you can say you tried it.

Also, don't get too frustrated about habituation yet. It's still really early for you and it seems like you're doing a lot better than when you first got here, to a degree it will happen in its own time. It's awesome that you're looking for a CBT person. Let us know how it goes!

6. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Why not save some money and buy each of the three ingredients individually? Thee's nothing special about them, they are freely available.

You could donate what you save to someone like the ATA, BTA or TRI and help to either support others or forward the search for a cure.

7. derpytia
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Steve Well, it wasn't entirely my choice to get them. My mother wanted me to try it more than me even though I've explained to her that it probably wont help.

And I have donated to the ATA, did that a few weeks ago. It wasn't much though, I'm in college and I don't make much at my job either. I'm not the one paying for the Arches though. It's more her choice to pay for it and my choice to try it. Like I said, she's got more hope than I do at this point.

8. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Ah yes, sorry I didn't read your post above properly.

9. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Has anyone here ever had any success with Arches Formula?

10. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      If you mean, did Arches get rid of anyone's tinnitus the answer is most likely No. It has been around for years. If this really worked on any scale we would know about it by now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Thank you Erik. What about rtms? Does anyone have any long term reduction with it?

12. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      The jury is still out on this treatment. There have been some positive studies but the sample size was small. It has also been positive for treating depression and other conditions. Microstransponder is one of leaders in this area but there doesn't seem to be that much progress made in a while. Univ of Arkansas is looking for participants for a study right now: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...-for-rtms-study-participants.8184/#post-95010

13. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      I wonder why they keep doing studies if its generally ineffective. Do they keep trying to refine the process?

14. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I tried Arches, just a waste of time and money.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Buckaroo
      Curious

Buckaroo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 10, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not a detective per se, but the word troll comes to mind when your ONLY post is regarding ARCHES and coincidentally, you posted it on the one topic that has to do with ARCHES. Maybe I'm wrong... I hope I'm wrong. If I am, I apologize.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. thering
      Wishful

thering Member

Tinnitus Since:
      january 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I know for a fact fake reviews exist. They are usually written by bribed consumers. I know because companies offer people free product in exchange for reviews, i got a few supplements for free (unrelated to tinnitus) just creatine and protein powder. Of course they don't tell you that you must give positive feedback, instead they cease offering you future incentives if your reviews f

17. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

there's good money in it.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2376-i-get-paid-to-write-fake-reviews-amazon.html

don't take anything you read online at face value. Look at what happened with the US election this year -- there was (probable) interference from overseas adversaries, and Clinton had her own people doing the same thing with super PAC money through Correct The Record. Politics is just one part of it, paid product reviews etc are another big one.

If the person you're responding to here is indeed a paid astroturfer, they may not be paid by arches directly -- arches probably gives money to advertising firms to "promote the brand", they hire other people, etc. It's a pyramid scheme of bullshit.

• Helpful Helpful x 1