Are There Any Inspirational Bible Verses That Have Helped You with Tinnitus or Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I would just like to point out to @coffee_girl and other like-minded people, that being honest enough to register honest doubt and disbelief does not represent an attitude of negativity and misery.
      On the contrary, it represents courage and integrity.
      Our convictions are based on our experience of life, and everybody's experience is equally valid.
      Belief, of itself, is no justification for self-preening.

• Like Like x 4
    2. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      How about just live and let live? Register your beliefs in another thread, mocking others who are spiritual does very little to change their mind, and only reinforces their faith while minimizing your own. People here didn't ask for a debate, they are asking for support. There is no "courage" and "integrity" in sounding off the echo chamber, courage is standing up in the face in animosity....there is no such thing here, in fact every religious person so far has been very kind and tolerant towards your views. And please, learn to understand the history of Atheism and the fact that it too has created civil unrest and dictatorships: Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, Stalin, Kim Jong Il, Mussolini, and of course...Hitler.

I can bring up the many points that reinforces "truth" but let's see, people are shaped by their experiences. What you know are simply the summations of your life, don't be too quick to think you know everything until you have experienced a few things. But this thread isn't a place for that kind of debate. Learn to let it go, the anger is not good =\

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. Yoshi
      Wishful

Yoshi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earphones, Bus Braking, Burping (air enters ear canal)
      Ecclesiastes 7:10
      -Do not say, "Why is it that the former days were better than these?" For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.

No longer a believer, but I still read some verses for comfort.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Well bro I gave you that breakdown of the Book of Daniel chapter 9 which proves that future events concerning the Romans 7 year war on Israel were somehow communicated to the author, presumably Daniel. That's only one prophecy. Theres also others. I'd share them with you as well. The fact is history proves many of the Bible prophecies.
      Even the inventor of calculus and the first man to mathematically describe planetary motion, Isaac Newton, wrote a whole book about it. Read it. It's not too long. I dont agree with all of his points but some of these things cant be refuted.

https://archive.org/details/sirisaacnewtonsd00newtiala

• Like Like x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, engage and debate him. That's our job as disciples of Jesus Christ. We love and respect all of our fellow men and women. Think about Jesus's ministry, the sick needed Him the most. That's where we are.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I merely countered your inappropriate comments, without recourse to anger by the way.
      But you have certainly managed to upset yourself.
      None of my comments were of a mocking nature.
      Please learn to better understand your own emotional responses, and your tendency towards insult.
      Other posters on this thread have shown me the same degree of respect that I have accorded them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Nah you haven't shown any one any respect, and none should be given to you. I am not emotional about it, I just think it's funny that you think you are courageous and full of integrity, the narcissistic undertones just made me shed a small tear. Your posts are preachy, it's fine...you have an axe to grind, there are plenty of violins to be played for you...let it come naturally though because you are beating a dead horse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hahahaha.......good one CG.
      I really appreciated that tear.
      Perhaps I’ve missed my calling - should have been a preacher man....!
      (Love violins by the way.)
      Incidentally, you may not believe it, but I remain totally open to experience.....x

9. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Folks this thread is about love and beautiful messages that are suppose to give us strength, hope, compassion and humbleness. Let's not get away, from these messages and God's words.....

PS- I want to bring on a challenge, for those that follow this thread. Every morning when you eat breakfast, I want for you folks to say grace and thank God for providing your daily bread. Each time I have food I try to thank God for blessing me. I have found that gratitude really works wonders in my life and I have gratitude and appreciation each day.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It’s high time I left everybody in peace.
      I think I’ve been a very naughty boy.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert18

Robert18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      october 10, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      machine noise in factory, headphone, stressed
      mark 16:17
      "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But whoever does not believe will be condemned."

-----------------------------------------------------
      Peace to all sufferer and may God bless us all,
      Robert

12. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think that believing in him and trying to do as he did(serving his will, serving humanity) is the key. Being baptized or not doesn't factor in on us being saved.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      “Who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ,” 2 Corinthians 1:4-5.

The suffering that tinnitus brings may not go away but I'd like to think that we unhappy sufferers have learned to have more compassion for others. I was always a kind and compassionate person before tinnitus. But my suffering has made me even more so and that in itself is a great gift. :)

(Also, thanks for this thread. It's caused a bit of trouble from what I can see but there's no rule on this forum that says that this topic couldn't be made. Thanks for trying to spread a little comfort.)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I find this text to be universal, all embracing, open minded, devoid of condemnation for the unbeliever, unthreatening, godless, loving, honest and true.
      I hope you like it folks.....

2B48B18B-1D93-4DA7-81A1-90F04B59CA48.jpeg

‘The Only True Religion is LOVE’

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
    15. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I wish I had a passage to share but I haven't found one yet that really sticks in my mind yet. Also I only started reading the Bible this year. I had one my grandmother gave me 30 years ago but it is a KJV and that old English always scrambled my brain so I never could read it. Then it got so old, I was afraid to read it as the binding was falling apart. It wasn't until this year that I discover there are other versions of the Bible. Tons of them intact. Which is a facincating topic to me in itself. But more importantly, I discovered there its he NKJV version. Something I could finally read. So my search for a NKJV began. I wanted one that wouldn't fall apart on me and could handle decades of use and possible be passed on one day. I ended up buying two, a NKJV to read and a KJV Cantabury because it was just so beautiful and the old English is kinda like poetry. Anyways, I hope to eventually come across the many wonderful passages shared here soon :)

• Like Like x 1
    16. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Isaiah 53:5 King James Version (KJV)
      But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:
      the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are
      healed.

God sends His loved son - Jesus Christ to complete the salvation on the cross.
      By shedding His blood, our sins are cleansed. We are reconciled with God.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      The only god - as far as I am concerned - is ‘TRUTH.”

Does god exist?

I simply do not know the truth of that.

Neither does anybody else.

People can believe ‘in faith,’ of course,
      but that does not make it the reality.

All I can do is ‘question’.......
      or better still...just leave the question hanging there.

There is no way any of us can ‘KNOW.’

Guess what?
      I’m an agnostic.......x

• Like Like x 2
    18. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      John 14:18

Jesus said, "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me."

• Like Like x 2
    19. robHing

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)
      "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things
      not seen."

My dear friend @Jazzer
      I know... it is tough to understand something which you can not see.
      But, it is good that you write about your true feeling.
      I pray that someday ... you will feel His existence.

20. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Dear Rob - thank you for not “throwing the baby (me) out with the bath water,”......I truly always prayed for personal contact, and of course, none ever came.
      I have no argument with the teachings, the 10 c’s, or the golden rule, but just whether ‘god’ in fact is a reality.
      How would one worship an ‘unknown quantity?’

However, I read an interesting quote this morning.
      “There is no such thing as reality.
      There is only perception.”
      Gustav Flaubert.

21. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I believe that goodness, caring,warmth,understanding,comes from what we believe in,
      from our religion,upbringing etc.
      Manners ,politeness ,respect and hope .

I believe in looking for the good in everyone and helping others and respect your elders.
      These ways get passed down from generation.

Is there a God ?
      Maybe but it is up to us to shape the future.

love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    22. robHing

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Jesus Birth
      13. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
      14. “Glory to God in the highest heaven and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”
      ( Luke 2:13-14 )

23. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      This is a good one:
      Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. — Matthew 11:28-30

25. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      The unfathomable complexity of human beings...from the design of the eye to the brain to the hearing apparatus including cochlea with high frequency hairs toward the outside and closer to the eardrum that tend to get sacrificed before lower frequency hearing suggests there is a design creator so intelligent we as human's certainly can't figure it out. Pretty clear by our desperate attempts here to solve tinnitus.

But biblical verses for comfort?

What loving god would ever impose on the entitities created by such a god, such a living scourge? Why wasn't the design better? Why hasn't evolution eliminated this scourge by mutation over the more than 200,000 years modern man has roamed the planet. Why did the plague wipe out so many people? Why do children get cancer?

The bible seems highly irrelevant. My opinion. Sorry, I am not very religious and grew up going to church begrudgingly. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't you understand? In the beginning the design, the entire world was perfect but when mankind disobeyed God and sinned, something living had to die, and not just a plant. Through the disobedience of mankind, death has come into the world. God, incarnate in the flesh, came to this world as the final sacrifice and atonement. Now we are just waiting for the end of this age to come so that God can trash this creation and give us a new one, along with new bodies. That's Christianity 101. If you're going to ask questions, ask the ones that matter because asking why would a loving God let us be afflicted with disease doesn't take into account the details. God is a loving God but he also is an all consuming fire and has wrath. He has gotten very mad in the past, especially at his own people, for being disobedient, and he will get mad again, when he returns he is going to smite the world and ultimately judge all of mankind and cast the wicked into the Lake of Fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    27. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You left out the part about the Arc I believe with one of each animal of each sex. I believe that was one of God's punishments wasn't it? Big floods. I mean he (it) could have designed man to be a lot smarter in the beginning and would have saved a whole lot of trouble.

28. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He designed us to have a choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Anybody who has studied psychology knows man has no free will. Does a schizophrenia have free will to make a choice?

Btw, which model are we talking about? Primitive cave man which inhabited the planet 6 million years ago or modern man the last 200,000. Did God just want to start slow?...with a dumber version of man...or set evolution into play as an experiment? Research suggests there wasn't a lot of sexual activity between primitive and modern man and primitive man died off due to excessive interbreeding and genetic mutation. All part of the grand scheme?:p

30. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you don't believe that people have a choice then you're 100% wrong. We all faces choices everyday.

Bible cosmology says that the world is about 6,000 years old, and anyone that believes in the Bible that also believes otherwise doesn't really believe in the Bible because you can add up the ages of all of the people back to Adam.

I would love to debate any of you on the age of the earth and the nature of evolution and the origin of life.

• Agree Agree x 1