AtlasPROfilax for Neck Pain/Migraine/Tinnitus — What's Everyone's Experience?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by LilSass, Jan 18, 2022.

1. LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi everyone!

I am scheduled to have an Atlasprofilax treatment next week. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what your results were.

Thank you for sharing.

Sarah

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. hartstreet

hartstreet Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      Not yet, but you know I’m rooting for you, and am excited to hopefully hear your positive results. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    3. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      @LilSass, I've just read about it, but have no personal experience with it.

I have the impression though that most chiros in Norway find this type of treatment nonsense...

Personally I would be very interested in reading a review once you've had your initial experience with this treatment.

• Like Like x 1
    4. hartstreet

Tinnitus Since:
      10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      @LilSass, how’d it go?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LilSass
      Loved

LilSass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely ototoxic medication
      Hi @hartstreet et al!

I had the AtlasPROfilax last Tuesday. I feel like it's early days, and I don't want to jinx things (although I'm not really a superstitious person), but I have definitely experienced some improvements, although I feel it's a bit premature to say for sure (I've been burned before). My main issue has been chronic neck/back pain and migraines. For me, the treatment was intense and painful. Although it was only a few minutes, the practitioner went really deep into my suboccipital muscles right into the base of the skull - my brain was vibrating! I had been having a quiet tinnitus day and the treatment caused it to become loud (for me that's about 24 dB); this is the first time anything has spiked my tinnitus. So far, the tinnitus hasn't changed (it's variable and changes from day to day, after sleep).

In regards to my chronic neck/migraine, the treatment induced a migraine, to the point where my migraine meds didn't work; it lasted about 24 hours. I did immediately feel relaxation of my neck and shoulder/back muscles and range of motion increased, without pain. My pain/migraines have always stemmed from my left shoulder, which made perfect sense as that is the side my atlas was out on (it was at one time rotated and tilted as well, but he upper cervical chiro did fix that). The last time I took a migraine pill was Friday morning. I believe that the treatment caused the muscle to pinch a nerve in my neck on the left side which caused the migraine - this has been typical of my experience with migraines. I believe that my reaction was typical for someone with my symptoms as there are toxins that are released after the treatment and things are opened up (i.e. blood flow, CSF, nerve impingement, etc.).

My left shoulder and the base of my skull is still a bit tender, but getting better everyday. I also have to say the Atlasprofilax practitioner I saw, Rick Ulmer in King City, outside of Toronto (the only practitioner in Ontario, and one of two in Canada) has the best bedside manner. He is understanding and compassionate and spent quite a bit of time answering my questions and reassuring me that I would see some kind of improvement (nothing is guaranteed in life of course). He even called me the days following the treatment to see how I was doing. At first I wondered if I had screwed myself and done more damage, but I am feeling more confident each day that I made the right decision.

I have also experienced reduction in lower back pain and some knee pain. I'll continue to update every few days or once a week, depending on what there is to report. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. If this really works for me I will be telling everyone about it. Even if it doesn't, I firmly believe that even though there only seems to be anecdotal reports there is real scientific theory that having the atlas misaligned can cause an entire host of health issues (considering your brain stem runs through it). I'm seriously disappointed in the medical community and health care practitioners, i.e. RMT, chiros, etc. that they don't know more about this. At least the chiros are aware of what an atlas misalignment can do, but they really don't understand that forcing the vertebrae without addressing the surrounding muscles that are attached to it won't hold it in place.

I can only keep praying and hoping that this is the end of my journey of pain/migraines and I encourage anyone who feels this might benefit them to seriously consider it. There is really nothing to lose, except maybe $300, which is nothing when it comes to your health. Please check out the AtlasPROfilax website, it explains so much.

Hope everyone is well!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. hartstreet

Tinnitus Since:
      10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      I am happy to hear that you’re feeling good about the treatment and am hopeful you’ll see more positive results emerge.

I agree with your sentiment that when it comes to treatment, particularly physically aggressive ones, sometimes things get worse before they get better. When your body gets out of whack, I think it can stabilize there, so to repair you end up disturbing that stability and experiencing some immediate downsides that will hopefully allow access to a fuller recovery.

I hope that becomes the case for you here. Please keep us updated as it develops!

• Like Like x 1
    7. hartstreet

Tinnitus Since:
      10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection?
      Hi @LilSass - hope you’re well. It’s been another month, and I’m wondering if you have experienced any additional changes after your AtlasPROfilax treatment? I’m finally starting to coordinate the treatment myself, had been focused on some physical therapy that seems to confirm a musculoskeletal cause (or contributing factor) to my tinnitus.

8. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Guess it didn’t work.

9. NYCGuy
      Depressed

NYCGuy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck, Jaw or Stress, who knows.
      For me NUCCA helped my neck but not my tinnitus, I went back this last month twice and he said I'm holding alignment, so seems my tinnitus is caused by my neck. I lost all hope, I think I will not get cured.

• Hug Hug x 1