B-Complex Vitamins?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by SugarMagnolia, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Been taking them for about 3 months. No noticeable worsening of my tinnitus. In fact my baseline is improving. Also taking NAC, gingko and Omega 369 tablets.

• Like Like x 1
    2. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Can someone tell me why vitamin b complexes tend to have amounts of different types of vitamins b ranging up to 3000% more than the recommended dose? Is it badly absorbed or something?

3. Gordon Steinberg

Gordon Steinberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/25/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Loud Noise
      I don't know why it does, but it's not fat soluble meaning it won't accumulate excessively in your body in case that is your concern.

• Like Like x 1
    4. ron hudson

ron hudson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/1955
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      listening to background musiuc...LOUD
      B vitamins are water soluable..and if the Body does not need the amount YOU are feeding it..you pee it out. Your body looks after YOU, dont mess around with it. If you give it something you think it really needs, it will get rid of it.

5. asey20
      Buzzed

asey20 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 13, 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure.
      Don't exceed 100 mg of B6 a day. Although it's good for the nerves it can also be responsible for nerve damage. Most supplements only have 5-10 mg of B6 anyways in a serving.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Drachen
      Tired

Drachen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Currently unknown; likely noise-induced
      I will report that I recently just finished a bottle of Thorne's B-Complex #12, taking one a day, in the morning, no food, and a glass of water. No noticeable changes occurred over this period, though I should note I was taking other supplements as well.

I am hesitant to continue trying it because 1) I don't know if I actually need B-vitamins and 2) I am not comfortable with the excessive amount of B3 in these complexes. I would love to hear if anyone else has had any sort of success or noticeable benefit with these. Otherwise, I think I may be done.

7. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I have tried taking a high dose of vitamin B1 (Thiamine HCL), 300mg a day. This treatment has been used to treat a few neurological issues such as Parkinson’s and ME/CFS. More frequently, there is discussion about the different forms of B1 such as TTFD and Benfotiamine being used in the treatment of a variety of diseases and health problems.

I tried the B1 for 3-4 days on two separate occasions, a few weeks apart. Both times it seems like I had a pretty significant spike. My tinnitus is mostly central and in the brain and more of a high pitched his. I liken it to a feeling more than a noise most of the time. During the B1 regimen, I felt great. Mental clarity, increased energy, probably less stress and anxiety (not sure yet about this one) but my head was buzzing. It felt like someone turned up the gain on my speakers but nothing was playing - just loud hissing. Both times after about 24-48 hours of ceasing the B1, my hissing returned to baseline. I know there is a thread of someone successfully treating their at with TTFD or TPP so maybe those forms work better than the HCL form. Dr. Lonsdale and Dr. Constantini have done great things with Thiamine and I believe it’s research is just beginning.

One of the things both doctors claim is the paradoxical effect. Many times things get worse before they get better on B1 and sometimes a too low or too high dose will make things worse until you find the right dose. I was thinking of trying it again for 30 days and see if it improves over time.

@asey20 might have a better understanding of whether B1 might be able to re-establish some of the neural connections or repair the auditory brainstem.