Basically Cured with Psilocybin

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by the Jalombian, Dec 14, 2017.

1. the Jalombian

the Jalombian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music festivals, working in a club
      I have worked in clubs for about 3 years and have always listened to loud music in my car (2 12in subwoofers, big amplifier). Last year i went to a music festival in baltimore, simultanously got salmonella and although I cured the salmonella with antibiotics, the ringing never stopped. Every night. Every morning. Every time background noises reduced. It was a nightmare that brought me to tears numerous times. Avid music lover afraid to go to shows and feel the music.

One year and 3 months later, I ate a gram of penis envy mushrooms and my tinnitus was noticably better (at least 50% I would say). The following week with my tinnitus much better and feeling encouraged, I ate abous 2.5 grams of more of the same penis envy mushrooms. Tinnitus totally reduced to the point that i only hear it when I lay down with my ear on my pillow (90-95% reduction). A miracle, I share my story with the hope that someone else tries this and finds relief. The lasting anti-depressant effects of the mushrooms make you feel even better. Its been a month since eating the mushrooms and still almost no ringing. Message me and I'm happy to talk and support yall.

• Winner Winner x 8
      • Like Like x 5
    2. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Low 20 years high sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Thanks for the info,very interesting. Never heard of penis envy mushrooms. Where can you buy them from? Can we use ordinary mushrooms instead?

3. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      @the Jalombian Okay wow I need to get some shrooms. I never tried it. I'm a little afraid as I've heard some people have really bad trips and since I am in a dark place mentally thanks to ***FREAKING TINNITUS*** I'm still scared to shroom out.

But, it really worked for ya aye?

I'll try anything at this point

Will any kind of shrooms do? Or must I request the "penis envy" ones?

And thank you for posting this YOU ROCK! #congrats

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I looked at them on the internet they look rude.But I hope they really work.

5. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      penis envy mushrooms?

*awkward silence*

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      the Jalombian

the Jalombian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music festivals, working in a club
      If by normal mushrooms, you mean non psychadelic... probably wont work I'm afraid. Perhaps other shrooms like cubensis, liberty caps, or golden teachers would work. I am very interested if other people share similar experiences, could be worth future research. Note, while tripping on the penis envy mushrooms my tinnitus felt noticably louder, but this was definitely temporary and i got over it watching movies and laughing. Tbe next day after sleeping is when I felt the relief.

7. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You have changed your story now.Mine sometimes stops after sleep this has nothing to do with mushrooms.

• Agree Agree x 5
    8. BobK544

BobK544 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      suspect sulfur medication
      good news jalombian, i'm very interested in your case as i think i got T from taking a sulfur based antibiotic right before a long flight back in 1991 and initially had severe T and now its at a medium level. However just the other day it was the worst its ever been to the point where i was terrified of the night knowing i would have to figure out a way to get to sleep with the terror fear of waking up after finally getting to sleep! And when i did wake up in the middle of the night, i would immediately break out in a full sweat knowing i might now have to learn to live with a schrill level twice what it was before and even with masking devices in my room and my ear, the schrill overpowed even the masking tones.But thank God its now back to its previous medium level and i now realize that this recent outbreak was caused by taking the NasalCort sinus spray for the last week and it finally kicking in. But this experience was the worst i've ever had with high pitched schrilling in both ears and i know if i had to continue on like that from here on, there's no way i could continue on!

So now that i'm feeling better and can finally get some sleep, i'm going to continue following posts on this forum knowing that the potential for this nightmare scenario is possibly waiting right around the corner if i need to take antibiotics again which might make that super high schrill permanent. And knowing that would eventually drive me crazy, literally, i think you or we should contact a Tinnutus research organization and let them know how taking those mushrooms helped your Tinnitus, especially a Tinnutus partially caused by an antibotic.

9. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      Where can one get these mushrooms easily and reliably?

10. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can legally order the all the ingredients to make them online... Or you could not so legally access the dark web and order the final product.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Interesting discussion at this site:

psilocybin-tinnitus.png

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)

Any update? I did shrooms 10 or so times when I was 18-24 years old maybe I'll be a guinea pig. It's a bit frightening because I did have 2 partially bad trips but a bad trip is just bad for 2 hours, tinnitus is bad for life lol.

Best time to do them is camping or if you have secluded parks within walking distance of your home, or if you have a quiet neighborhood you can walk around that no one will hassle you if you walk around outside looking at trees and clouds for a few ours. Or if you have a nice porch or deck you can sit on with a green backyard. I took them indoors a few time and after a few minutes of tripping you gotta get out doors. I also don't recommend doing them in the high sun. The brightness messed with me. Wait till maybe 90-120 minutes before sunset at the earliest. Also you will be awake for at least 5 hours so if you take them at 10pm you will be up till 3am just a heads up.

13. Contrast

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury from noxious noise
      I am not saying this does not work, but if it does there must be changes in the parts of you're brain generating tinnitus.

However the name and quote is freakin hilarious you win the internetz for today.
      lolololololololololololol

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Niel S.
      Badass

Niel S. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How are you doing atm? Is your tinnitus still gone? It's been a half year since your original post.

15. Niel S.
      Badass

Niel S. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm thinking about trying them myself. I have chronic tinnitus. Have done magic truffels before which is kind of the same but i didn't had tinnitus back then.

16. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      he hasn't logged in since he wrote that post.

I'd not expect your tinnitus to go away from shrooms, so unless you enjoy psychedelics, I'd skip it.

17. Vertti

Vertti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Frankly, at this point we already know that the medical research is not going to save us here.

It's basically this sort of trial and error approach where people try all kinds of unconventional things that may eventually yield something that warrants further research to ultimately beat T

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
    19. 3.14159

3.14159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1980-something
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There might be something to this for some. I've had tinnitus since the 1980's. Now that I'm in my 50's I can tell my tinnitus had worsened over the years. This past year I have experimented with psilocybin mushrooms and have noticed a small reduction in my tinnitus. There are other notable changes I've experienced, as such as a major reduction in my depression.

20180715_090806_Film4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
    21. Joe Bananas
      No Mood

Joe Bananas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have been able to contact him through his IG account. Here are the screenshots of our chat. Maybe they aren't in order. Can't figure out how to attach them right. Just follow the logic of it.

Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-02.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-56.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-47.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-36.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-36.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-16.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Contrast

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Can someone investigate if this is relating to an increase of GABA?

23. Khan Shusnis

Khan Shusnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think loud sounds, hearing loss and meds all contribute.
      @Contrast Yes, I experienced an increase in tinnitus from taking GABA for sleep issues.

Recently, took 2.5 g. psilocybin mushrooms ( first timer) and had my tinnitus GO AWAY for several hours. Complete silence. I was amazed. That's why I am here to find if others experienced this.
      I had never heard of this before and now I see others have seen similar relief to greater or lesser extent.

I am trying to decide what to try next. Microdosing or maybe 1 larger dose than I had before. What do people do after they find that this substance helps? What does it mean about the cause of my tinnitus?

Oh, by the way, I enjoyed the mushroom high immensely and received answers to questions that were troubling me.

And Joe Bananas, that is about the most annoying post I have ever seen. That's what links are for.

24. Contrast

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      increasing GABA is suppose to help tinnitus not make it worse.

What supplement did you take exactly?

25. Khan Shusnis

Khan Shusnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think loud sounds, hearing loss and meds all contribute.
      Oh well, results may vary. It was just GABA. I know another type has a longer name but this wasn't it.

My tinnitus has been around a long time. At different times I have heard any combination of 5 frequency levels of noise; hiss, air leak, wind, vacuum cleaner and jet plane. I sometimes hear an intermittent sound that sounds like a person whispering chyi about once per second, not related to my pulse, I checked. I used to get ringing, but not recently.
      I don't have eardrums due to infections and surgery and use hearing aids, which probably contributes.

But I want to get back to the subject of this thread.
      Psilocybin mushrooms made my tinnitus GO AWAY for several hours.
      I figure Psilocybin somehow blocks some chemical that excites the brain cells that are reporting the sound I'm hearing.
      Does anyone know how this works? Any clue?

26. Contrast

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      GABA already has clinical effectiveness of midly reducing tinnitus that's why so many people here are prescibed benzo's.? are you 100% sure it was GABA?

i wish someone could investigate this

27. PABLO ROMAN

PABLO ROMAN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Hello Khan Thank you very much for sharing your experience. sorry for my English. I want to try the psilocybin mushroom but I am afraid that when the positive effects of the fungi are over come the opposite effects and that these emperon my T. You had negative effects of some kind when the effect of the magic mushrooms intake was passed ?

Gracias!

28. PABLO ROMAN

PABLO ROMAN Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN

Hello. Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Sorry for my English. I want to try the envi cubensis mushroom but I am afraid that when the positive effects of the fungi are over come the opposite effects and that these emperon my T. You had negative effects of some kind when the effect of the magic mushrooms intake was passed ?

Gracias!

29. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      What's your user profile image of if I may ask?

• Agree Agree x 1
    30. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      I seem to have a reverse effect on things that work for others. NAC sends my tinnitus through the roof, and alcohol heightens the buzz/ring. CBD oil... I've spent about $500 trying to find a method of CBD that will work for me like it does others, it makes me buzz louder, temporarily. Something I'm doing now is creating a spike and I don't know if it's the GABA, or my quitting smoking a couple weeks ago. The ring has gotten so irritating again I had to relax and smoked:banghead: now I don't know if it's the quitting or GABA... again.

Only thing that ever helped was when I first got it I used all the suggestions from the Tonaki Tinnitus Protocol and I had given up smoking and drinking for a couple months. Then I had surgery and other big life changes and I've messed my focus up. Wish I wouldn't try stuff to relieve stress because it ends up stressing my tinnitus. But I'm stuck indoors in a small and very cold community with 5 kiddos...I'm a stay at home mom with tinnitus and it drives me wacky.

Focus is not my strong point:rolleyes: