Basically Cured with Psilocybin

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by the Jalombian, Dec 14, 2017.

1. the Jalombian

the Jalombian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music festivals, working in a club
      I have worked in clubs for about 3 years and have always listened to loud music in my car (2 12in subwoofers, big amplifier). Last year I went to a music festival in Baltimore, simultaneously got salmonella and although I cured the salmonella with antibiotics, the ringing never stopped. Every night. Every morning. Every time background noises reduced. It was a nightmare that brought me to tears numerous times. Avid music lover afraid to go to shows and feel the music.

One year and 3 months later, I ate a gram of penis envy mushrooms and my tinnitus was noticeably better (at least 50% I would say). The following week with my tinnitus much better and feeling encouraged, I ate about 2.5 grams of more of the same penis envy mushrooms. Tinnitus totally reduced to the point that I only hear it when I lay down with my ear on my pillow (90-95% reduction). A miracle, I share my story with the hope that someone else tries this and finds relief. The lasting anti-depressant effects of the mushrooms make you feel even better. It's been a month since eating the mushrooms and still almost no ringing. Message me and I'm happy to talk and support y'all.

• Like x 15
      • Winner x 9
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Genius x 1
      • Informative x 1
    2. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      Thanks for the info,very interesting. Never heard of penis envy mushrooms. Where can you buy them from? Can we use ordinary mushrooms instead?

• Informative Informative x 2
    3. IAmCalifornia
      Wishful

IAmCalifornia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      this year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i wish i knew
      @the Jalombian Okay wow I need to get some shrooms. I never tried it. I'm a little afraid as I've heard some people have really bad trips and since I am in a dark place mentally thanks to ***FREAKING TINNITUS*** I'm still scared to shroom out.

But, it really worked for ya aye?

I'll try anything at this point

Will any kind of shrooms do? Or must I request the "penis envy" ones?

And thank you for posting this YOU ROCK! #congrats

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Onsdag

Onsdag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, maybe stress
      Where can one get these mushrooms easily and reliably?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    5. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can legally order the all the ingredients to make them online... Or you could not so legally access the dark web and order the final product.

• Like Like x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Interesting discussion at this site:

psilocybin-tinnitus.png

• Informative x 2
      • Useful x 2
      • Like x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    7. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      Any update? I did shrooms 10 or so times when I was 18-24 years old maybe I'll be a guinea pig. It's a bit frightening because I did have 2 partially bad trips but a bad trip is just bad for 2 hours, tinnitus is bad for life lol.

Best time to do them is camping or if you have secluded parks within walking distance of your home, or if you have a quiet neighborhood you can walk around that no one will hassle you if you walk around outside looking at trees and clouds for a few ours. Or if you have a nice porch or deck you can sit on with a green backyard. I took them indoors a few time and after a few minutes of tripping you gotta get out doors. I also don't recommend doing them in the high sun. The brightness messed with me. Wait till maybe 90-120 minutes before sunset at the earliest. Also you will be awake for at least 5 hours so if you take them at 10pm you will be up till 3am just a heads up.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Niel S.
      Badass

Niel S. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm thinking about trying them myself. I have chronic tinnitus. Have done magic truffels before which is kind of the same but i didn't had tinnitus back then.

9. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      He hasn't logged in since he wrote that post.

I'd not expect your tinnitus to go away from shrooms, so unless you enjoy psychedelics, I'd skip it.

• Like Like x 4
    10. Vertti

Vertti Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Frankly, at this point we already know that the medical research is not going to save us here.

It's basically this sort of trial and error approach where people try all kinds of unconventional things that may eventually yield something that warrants further research to ultimately beat tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 5
    11. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
    12. 3.14159

3.14159 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1980-something
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There might be something to this for some. I've had tinnitus since the 1980's. Now that I'm in my 50's I can tell my tinnitus had worsened over the years. This past year I have experimented with psilocybin mushrooms and have noticed a small reduction in my tinnitus. There are other notable changes I've experienced, as such as a major reduction in my depression.

20180715_090806_Film4.jpg

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Joe Bananas
      No Mood

Joe Bananas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Have been able to contact him through his IG account. Here are the screenshots of our chat. Maybe they aren't in order. Can't figure out how to attach them right. Just follow the logic of it.

Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-02.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-56.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-47.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-36.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-36.png
      Screenshot_2018-08-25-23-01-16.png

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Can someone investigate if this is relating to an increase of GABA?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    15. Khan Shusnis

Khan Shusnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think loud sounds, hearing loss and meds all contribute.
      @Contrast Yes, I experienced an increase in tinnitus from taking GABA for sleep issues.

Recently, took 2.5 g. psilocybin mushrooms ( first timer) and had my tinnitus GO AWAY for several hours. Complete silence. I was amazed. That's why I am here to find if others experienced this.
      I had never heard of this before and now I see others have seen similar relief to greater or lesser extent.

I am trying to decide what to try next. Microdosing or maybe 1 larger dose than I had before. What do people do after they find that this substance helps? What does it mean about the cause of my tinnitus?

Oh, by the way, I enjoyed the mushroom high immensely and received answers to questions that were troubling me.

And Joe Bananas, that is about the most annoying post I have ever seen. That's what links are for.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    16. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Increasing GABA is supposed to help tinnitus, not make it worse.

What supplement did you take exactly?

17. Khan Shusnis

Khan Shusnis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think loud sounds, hearing loss and meds all contribute.
      Oh well, results may vary. It was just GABA. I know another type has a longer name but this wasn't it.

My tinnitus has been around a long time. At different times I have heard any combination of 5 frequency levels of noise; hiss, air leak, wind, vacuum cleaner and jet plane. I sometimes hear an intermittent sound that sounds like a person whispering chyi about once per second, not related to my pulse, I checked. I used to get ringing, but not recently.
      I don't have eardrums due to infections and surgery and use hearing aids, which probably contributes.

But I want to get back to the subject of this thread.
      Psilocybin mushrooms made my tinnitus GO AWAY for several hours.
      I figure Psilocybin somehow blocks some chemical that excites the brain cells that are reporting the sound I'm hearing.
      Does anyone know how this works? Any clue?

• Useful Useful x 1
    18. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      GABA already has clinical effectiveness of midly reducing tinnitus that's why so many people here are prescibed benzo's.? are you 100% sure it was GABA?

i wish someone could investigate this

19. blissaliss
      Swamped

blissaliss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic drugs/ maximum stressful job
      I seem to have a reverse effect on things that work for others. NAC sends my tinnitus through the roof, and alcohol heightens the buzz/ring. CBD oil... I've spent about $500 trying to find a method of CBD that will work for me like it does others, it makes me buzz louder, temporarily. Something I'm doing now is creating a spike and I don't know if it's the GABA, or my quitting smoking a couple weeks ago. The ring has gotten so irritating again I had to relax and smoked:banghead: now I don't know if it's the quitting or GABA... again.

Only thing that ever helped was when I first got it I used all the suggestions from the Tonaki Tinnitus Protocol and I had given up smoking and drinking for a couple months. Then I had surgery and other big life changes and I've messed my focus up. Wish I wouldn't try stuff to relieve stress because it ends up stressing my tinnitus. But I'm stuck indoors in a small and very cold community with 5 kiddos...I'm a stay at home mom with tinnitus and it drives me wacky.

Focus is not my strong point:rolleyes:

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I got mild tinnitus about one year ago, it didn't bother me after a few months. I did shrooms many times during this year without problems. But when I came down with my first cold since my tinnitus began, the sound became unbearable during a mushroom trip. I suddenly noticed that the sound was there, and I haven't been able to "unhear" it since.

Some thoughts on this... If my brain had learned to filter away my tinnitus, this could have been reset by the mushrooms I'm sure. Psychedelics have a way to make deep changes in the brain by "resetting" the brain, which is why they can cure depression, addictions and so on. But in the case of people that have habituated to their tinnitus, I'm not so sure that it's a good idea to "reset" the brain and hear whatever is there from the beginning. I think years of habituation can be thrown out the window.

However, since mushrooms can free a person from the fear of death, they could probably free a person from the fear of their own tinnitus. High stakes, high rewards are how these things go. Tread lightly.

That said, later on during the SAME trip that my tinnitus became unbearable, it also completely went away. Just like many others are reporting. These mushrooms are a mystery, but hopefully we will soon see psychedelics used in clinical settings once again on a broad level. If tinnitus can be alleviated by mushrooms, hopefully we will have scientists and clinicians showing this to be true soon.

Myself, I don't know if I would dare to take a large dose of mushrooms again if my tinnitus doesn't get better. If I would, I would take a large enough dose to not have a feeling of self that I could associate the tinnitus to.

However, I'll soon experiment on myself with microdosing shrooms (taking very small doses that doesn't make you "high", but that can have tremendous benefits.) If this helps my tinnitus I will report here.

I love these mushrooms. They cured my addiction to weed and alcohol, they cured my depression and showed me what to do with my life. But I have also made decisions under the influence that I regret to this day. Recording vocals with headphones too loud is one of them, which very well may be the actual reason for the above mentioned spike in my tinnitus (separate occasion/trip).

With Oregon opening up for "medical mushrooms" legally, I expect we will hear much about these fungi in the coming years.

• Like Like x 3
    21. FunktheBlues

FunktheBlues Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, drugs and alcohol (whippets)
      I am a 56 year old guitarist who was stupid enough to use whippets a few weeks ago and developed a bad case of tinnitus. I always had ringing in ears and would hear certain frequencies come and go, but after the whippets, it became a permanent hissing sound. It is (was) so bad I thought about suicide. I did a search on internet about mushrooms and tinnitus and found this thread. I happen to love psychedelics and ate a full 1/8th of Brazilian shrooms yesterday figuring I have nothing to lose and I kid you not, the tinnitus is noticeably better. It's as though the frequency changed and it seems so much more tolerable now. Not sure how the brain works but I am telling everyone that is suffering from tinnitus to give shrooms a try. It's like I rebooted my brain. It really is a miracle and I am grateful I found this thread.

• Like Like x 7
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. Vin

Vin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Trauma
      Quite plausible. Magic Mushrooms have been proven to rewire parts of the brain.

Magic Mushrooms Can Actually Rewire and Change Your Brain
      psilocybin-mind.jpg
      Psilocybin (the active chemical in “magic mushrooms”) is, well, truly “magical.” I have discussed the benefits of psilocybin, as well as other psychedelics in some of my previous articles*, but it seems that researchers and medical professionals are discovering more and more exciting information on the topic all the time.

https://www.learning-mind.com/magic-mushrooms-can-actually-rewire-and-change-your-brain/

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    23. lito

lito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somatic/TMJ
      @Vin Psychedelics can definitely re-wire your brain, I know from first hand experience and your post isn't the only scholarly article I’ve seen on this. Before I had tinnitus I’ve taken multiple types of natural psychedelics that changed my entire perspective on life, essentially curing my depression and anxiety. However, creating a new neuro pathway doesn't necessarily mean creating a positive neuro pathway. It can be negative. If you are not mentally prepared you can put yourself into a downward spiral of a bad trip and solidify fears and anxieties rather than get rid of them. I firmly believe it can have the same effect with tinnitus, so you have to play it smart.

My plan is to wait until I have a balanced relationship with my tinnitus, learn how to meditate with it and then take shrooms to solidify that pathway. Psychedelics is like using fire as a tool, using it correctly can keep your house warm and cozy, but if used improperly it can burn it down.

• Like x 2
      • Agree x 2
      • Helpful x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Informative x 1
    24. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update?

• Like Like x 1
    25. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I am a boat.

• Funny x 3
      • Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Genius x 1
      • Creative x 1
    26. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      I wonder if the shrooms could be broken down into different compounds. Perhaps there is one that is helping the T go away, and a permanent acid trip is not required.

• Funny Funny x 1
    27. Earing
      No Mood

Earing Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
    28. Little_bo-peep

Little_bo-peep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I just went on the highest mushroom trip I've ever done last night and my trip was unbearable. My tinnitus got really loud and was nonstop. I couldnt really enjoy my trip. Usually my T goes away after music or a few minutes. This was nonstop and loud. Even with rain music in my ear. I even had nonstop popping in my ears. Lots of pressure in my head and it was very painful. The ringing never stopped. I have it still this morning. I'm going crazy. Could the mushrooms have made it worse? Do I continue to dose and hope it goes away? Does it get worse before it gets better?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    29. magicant
      Bitching

magicant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Outer Ear Infection..?
      Genuinely considering taking this risk today, albeit with truffles.

• Like Like x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      That's exactly how I imagined it would be.

Don't do it anymore.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1