Bill Gates Foundation

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by John G, Mar 28, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. John G

John G Member

2. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      I believe someone already wrote/contacted them regarding T research funding.

I believe it was declined also the culprit of which can be somewhat found in How-We-Work: "For example, scientific research projects may be measured differently than efforts to expand vaccine coverage."

I guess we could make a suggestion that T is a nasty bugger :p.

3. John G

John G Member

@Dutchy ya T is a bugger. I was ready to write an email to the foundation but it would of been jibberish to the person that reads it.. haha. Still would be worth it if someone could draft a nice letter though. Wouldn't hurt sending one again... I guess.

4. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Should ask Bill Gates about it when he does one of those AMAs on Reddit. Though, it's hard to get anyone to care about tinnitus unless they suffer from it themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. spingee
      Wtf

spingee Member

Bill Gates very dissapoitned me. He could done much grater things then making vaccines for africa children

• Like Like x 1
    6. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      He does a lot more good than a lot of other very rich people.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      I wrote a letter on hearing loss and tinnitus. I never got a response back.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    8. attheedgeofscience
      Uninvolved

attheedgeofscience Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Injury
      Just saw this today which is why I am checking in with TinnitusTalk on this fine Thursday evening:

www.gatesnotes.com/About-Bill-Gates/Accelerating-Innovation

The Bill Gates Foundation has been mentioned a number of times in the past (in various threads) here on TinnitusTalk. In the article above, Mr. Gates outlines four focus areas that he sees as important for any future (political) leadership to "manage". Two of these focus areas include disease - with one especially referring to degenerative neurological disease. This does not include tinnitus per se, but it is nonetheless interesting that diseases are so high on his list (not that I disagree with the list).

I used to think that doctors were the most important asset to the field of medicine. Then I realized that plain common sense is even more important.