Could Tinnitus Changing Into High-Pitched Be a Sign of Healing?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Raphael7713, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Now I don't believe in fairy tales, and this is a very wishful thinking from my side, but what the heck.

Recently I got a setback. Before my setback I was feeling really good, only time my tinnitus would bother me were at some mornings, other than that I felt that I lived a tinnitus free life almost. Until last week where my T turned into a high pitched sound, sometimes it's a electrical hiss and sometimes other sounds.

Julian Cowan Hill (I know many are skeptical towards him) has a video called "Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better" and also some people claim that if your tinnitus changes into a high pitch sound that it could be a sign of healing.

What are your opinions? Before this setback, which literally came out of the blue, I would say I'm one of the timnitus sufferers that is in the "best" situation...and now this happens, and this new sound is very hard to mask.

So I literally went from a very mild tinnitus that could be masked by everything, a tinnitus that even could disappear for several weeks, to a tinnitus that is very hard to mask and very "penetrating".

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I don't know of any scientific study or reason that would support this hypothesis.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Me neither. Only reason it sounded somewhat "ok" is because my T has been very mild and can disappear for weeks. Doesn't seem logical that I went from a very "good" situation to this, for no reason. Then again, who said T is logical?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus has a mind of its own and can change sound and strength and from one ear or both or head.
      Stress,medication,virus,loud sound can add to it but sometimes for no reason.
      Time is a great healer so it can be a case of watch and wait.....
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I let my brother rinse my ear for 20 mins and I got this white stuff coming out about a half cm/1cm long. Feels somewhat quieter, don't know if it's temporary or in my mind....hope I don't jinx it.

But I still don't think my problem is due to wax or anything like that since I've visited the ENT twice and she looked for wax buildup and found nothing.

6. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You are playing with fire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      It's with a tool u can get in the drugstore and use it by urself.

8. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      So are Q-tips. Never play with stuff in your ears. If you have an obstruction, leave it to the pros.
      Healthy ears are self cleaning and don't need any "maintenance". Wax will be pushed out naturally.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Raphael7713
      Alone

Raphael7713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 14, 2017.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Another thing I'm wondering, which I've asked in my previous thread but didnt get an answer.

3 days ago I ran quite hard to the point where I couldnt breathe and got the blood taste in my mouth, while I was resting and catching my breathe I actually heard complete silence. Is this a common thing or does it maybe point at something?

10. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      I wouldn't be doing anything like that to my ears either... I asked my ENT what was the best thing I could do to clean my ears.. his response "don't clean your ears."

11. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      I think cleaning the outer ear canal with Qtips is fine as long as you are very very careful - also there are some angles that won't allow it to go deep

I also rinse my ears with soft warm water every now and new non-issues either