[Danny Boy Memorial Fund] In Loving Memory of Danny Boy

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by vermillion, Jul 22, 2018.

1. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      If so many people are saying such nice things, Danny Boy must have been a great guy. He must have helped set such a positive tone here. Donation made.

• Like Like x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Wow pretty shocked.

I thought his tinnitus wasn’t too bad?

What happened?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      A bright memory of Danny Boy, I was not familiar with this guy, but I read a lot of his messages on the forum. I followed his progress in the fight against tinnitus, and this helped a lot.

He wrote that time and Trobalt helped him get out of the shackles of tinnitus. I thought he was all right. But tinnitus, probably, became one of the drops in his ocean of life's adversity.

For today there is no treatment, there is no due attention to the problem of tinnitus and hearing impairment. Many of the most terrible diseases are treated at least theoretically, the medical professionals offer hope. But not with tinnitus. The only thing that you can advise doctors on - be reconciled, get used.

This is no good in the 21st century. It would seem that you just need to "repair" the auditory analyzer in the inner ear, like a pickup on an electric guitar, so that you will again know the harmony of silence. The burden of this burden lies on our shoulders, and only we must draw attention to the problem of tinnitus by all available means.

I'll leave this song here, it's in Russian, but its text is about the loss of people. What accompanies people throughout civilization, and it is not possible to accept indifferently.

RIP, Danny.
      Noize MC — Жвачка (Official Music Video)

• Like Like x 4
    4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Why am I just finding this out now? Very shocked as I thought Trobalt helped him greatly. From reading comments it was due to his family?

If anyone here is having suicidal thoughts, please reach out locally or here on Tinnitus Talk. I'll talk to anyone who is in a place like that. Even if it's due to family and not tinnitus. I feel people here understand suffering and it transcends to other types of suffering. So reach out, reach out, reach out. You will find someone who listens.

• Like Like x 6
    5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for all the information and support you brought to this forum.

You will be missed, Danny.

• Like Like x 4
    6. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Bill Bauer,
      No we don’t know what happened to Danny at this stage.... (at least I don’t think we do).

I am Facebbook friends with him, his sister posted about a week or so ago that they don’t yet know cause of death, but she would post when they had more info.

I haven’t seen any updates since then.

It sounds gruesome, but I imagine if he had taken his own life in a method that was obviously suicide, then the cause of death would be clear and no need to be determined.

Rest easy Danny.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      There maybe be people who are so financially screwed that even £1 is not possible, but I do feel that that must be a very very little minority. The vast amount of people should be able to afford £1.

It would just mean giving up that 1 chocolate bar at lunch or something like that. And no amount should be shamed, £1 is better then nothing if you are in financial trouble.

I don't have a job and very little income (from the government) but I still managed to donate.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @TheDanishGirl,
      It won't let you donate less than £5 as I have checked it...

love glynis

9. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That is actually a big shame, and I think if this fundraiser was made possible to donate less, we would have more money by now. I have a strong opinion that the vast amount of people can afford £1-2 but there is also a group of people who can't afford £5.

I want to ask a couple of friends in person to donate but I could never bring myself to ask for £5, more like £1-2.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Another idea if anyone wants to donate £1, is to find groups of five, or more, who want to contribute - and if this minimum payment is allowed - each pay the £1 into my account and I’ll pay the £5 to the fund.

Or, the same could be achieved amongst friends and families by collectively giving £1 each and then donating the lump sum total.

And another idea is to do your own local sponsored events and then donate the total. This way you can collect multiples of small donations. If many do this sort of thing it adds up really quickly.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Perhaps the above is not the case. If he jumped from a height, the police will have an inquest to determine whether he was pushed. If he poisoned himself, they will need to perform an autopsy. If he shot himself, they will need to make sure that he wasn't shot by another person... I am just imagining the police in the UK being unlike the police in California.

I know of a case of a 50 year old man (my friend) found dead at his California home. He was a couple of days away from finalizing his divorce. As a result of his death, his wife would keep all of his substantial savings and property. I was shocked to learn that no autopsy was requested. We have this notion that the police treat possible murders seriously, of them channeling Sherlock Holmes, but in reality it would appear that nobody cares. My friend's wife insisted that the body be cremated...

12. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is very sad. I did not know Danny Boy, but I can only imagine the grief his family and friends are going through. Every life lost to this affliction is a tragedy.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. IreneO
      Procrastinating

IreneO Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 (mild), 03/15 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma, then acoustic trauma, then more acoustic trauma
      I am so sorry to hear this. Danny was a fantastic contributor to this community. His fearlessness and positivity were admirable and he'll be greatly missed.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Wow. Thank you SO much @Richard zurowski!! So generous of your friends and family to support Danny's fund.
      Thanks for making my heart feel happy knowing people care so much and that you went out of your way to make the donation(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I agree 100%, and I thank everybody else for their amazing donations as well. I’m sure Danny would be honoured by your generosity.

£2516 in nine days isn’t bad at all. Group hug :huganimation:

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 2
    16. Berik

Berik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Terrible news. Will burn a candle and I hope he is in a loving peaceful place. All the strength to his family and those who knew him to recover from this loss.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @TheDanishGirl you are a very special person. Never forget this. Thank you so very much.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @glynis. Hi mother glynis And thank you too for your kind donations and to everybody else as well. I wish I could add more. It’s slowly creeping up. Let’s hope it continues. xxx

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    20. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aw, that's sweet of you to say, thank you! :)

I will actually go donate a little more in the coming days. Just have to pay some bills first to see how much I can spare.

• Hug Hug x 3
    21. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Please don’t skint yourself out, Danish Girl. You have already contributed so don’t add what you don’t have or can’t afford. The gesture alone shows what a beautiful person you are. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Starthrower. Thank you. It’s all for a very good cause. I’ll go down to my local pub and see if I can find some of my old school friends. I’m not finished yet lol.

• Winner Winner x 3
    23. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much Ed, it means a lot to me you saying that about me :) Don't worry... I won't donate money that I can not spare. I have a low income but I am good with my money, and this is a cause that is very important to me, so I want to contribute as much as I possibly can.

• Hug Hug x 2
    24. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That’s the spirit! What a hero :beeranimation:

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    25. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Ed209, thank you Ed. I’m sure @Danny Boy is looking down at us all and thinking WOW!!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    26. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      This is heartbreaking.

My favourite memories of Danny were his frequent battles with Doc Nagler. One time Doc Nagler wanted to do a straw poll to see how many ENTs had listened to our ears to rule out objective tinnitus. Danny delivered the line "he doesn't even listen to my mouth, let alone my ears".

• Funny x 5
      • Like x 4
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Winner x 1
    27. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      I don't think we should speculate in respect for his family (not sure if they would come here but if they do) how Danny died. Of course, there is an interest to know as many people knew him or have interacted with him. Just putting myself in his family's shoes, I'd be really devastated to see people speculating how a family member died on the internet. Those who should know, will know eventually. His family is in shock and grief, not to mention all the paperwork and funeral to plan. I don't think a week is very long for them to be silent about this.

An autopsy is always required if someone died outside a hospital to confirm the cause of death (even if it seems very apparent) and to confirm there was no crime involved.

My sister jumped from a high height and she had to go through autopsy to confirm that scene of death (including her room where she jumped from) was due to suicide and that no one had pushed her out.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
    28. Richard zurowski

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      I’m really amazed just looking at the amount of money that people are donating in a one-off payment.

Truly amazing. Let’s keep it going and smash that target of 10,000.

Whatever amount you put in, a big thank you to all of you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    29. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma

We will Richard and we'll definitely blow the roof off of that 10,oo0 target goal! More people will donate and some people that have already donated intend to do so again. We'll make sure that Danny's life and death are going to count towards something of value and that He would have definitely approved of.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      There is a treatment coming. It's in clinical trials right now. But yeah people obviously don't care. We will be cured and then we can go and help raise awareness for other people that are suffering in the dark corners of life.