Doctors' Corner ...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dr. Nagler, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi All -

Markku and Steve have set up a "Doctors' Corner," where hopefully some of your important general questions about tinnitus and hyperacusis can be answered. The health care professionals participating there will not be able to answer specific questions about individual cases, but the hope is that over time many tinnitus myths will be dispelled and that participants will come to better understand how to think critically in the overall best interests of their hearing health.

For more information about how the Doctors' Corner works, Click Here.

To access the Doctors' Corner itself, Click Here. It's the fifth forum from the top.

Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Great idea indeed. This is another nice resource for this site to have one section where people can ask a question to a certified medical doctor and get it answered. Not sure about other doctors, with Dr. Nagler, his first hand knowledge and experience with tinnitus himself will be very helpful and convincing. I am glad he was there (with a former forum) answering some of the questions from us desperate newbies. Now we have a dedicated section here and it will be very helpful to those who are desperate for answers to their T suffering. Very nice for the site owners and the doctors to come up with this arrangement.

3. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Hi there dr,
      My tinnitus was caused by exsessive mastubation, I'm not talking just a few times.... I'm female and when depressed I did it about 30 pluses times a day for 3 weeks. I listened to my ears change but stopped when I realised I'd caused it. Have you ever heard this happening before?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi @Penelope33 -

This thread is meant as sort of an announcement regarding the new Doctors' Corner.

If you would be kind enough to ask your interesting question there, I'll try my best to get to it within the next few days.

Here's a link to my forum on the Doctors' Corner. Click Here

Thanks.

Stephen Nagler

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      Hi All -

So I have to this point answered close to 40 questions on the Doctors' Corner and would like to know your thoughts about the format and such. I realize that there is no readily convenient option for your directly responding to my responses (or to those of other doctors when they join), but the idea is to enable the doctors to address a variety of issues in rather than to get into potentially extensive back-and-forths thereby limiting the number of different issues a doctor might be able to address due to time constraints.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Nagler

6. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      @Dr. Nagler Im not sure i can offer any advice to make the Doctors' Corner better, all i can say is when i imagined what it would be this is exactly what it was. You already know how much i appreciate you being on here and helping everyone. I think it has been a huge help, keep up the good work!
      is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      I can only agree. It is such a great thing for us you are here.

What I would love to see is some kind of "remote TRT". But I guess this is not possible since on the one hand there is a financial aspect and on the other hand everyone has to be treated differently.

Thanks Dr. for helping us. :thankyousign:

8. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I agree with @cullenbohannon. You have done an amazing job at answering our questions with kindness and patience, reminding us to live life. Thank you for helping. You are a great asset to this community and we are so glad to have you here. Thank you so much for what you are doing.

• Like Like x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      "Remote TRT" is already a reality. There are a number of excellent TRT clinicians who do it - but the initial visit must be conducted in person.

Stephen Nagler

10. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Yes, Doctor's Corner is very helpful, and helps us gather succinct information from experts in the field. Thank you, Dr. Nagler, and administrators.

11. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I havent participated in any of the conversations but I feel that having an actual doctor here helps a lot. I like your down-to-earth and realistic attitude.

12. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Thank you so much to taking time out of your days to help us all on TT! Your
      Knowledge and advice are really helpful in all ways imaginable. Doctors corner is great! I Wish going to my doctor was like dropin in on this thread :)

13. MikeA
      Musical

MikeA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Doctor's corner is fine the way it is. Your time is valuable, and I personally have seen you spending too much of your time in other threads arguing a point that doesn't deserve your ongoing attention. Be judicious, IMHO. Well done here.

14. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      One suggestion I may make is that maybe we can have an option for a follow up question.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I guess you can always pose a follow-up question as a totally new inquiry. But I do not think there's a way that the platform will allow for one and only one follow-up question. I will defer to @Markku in that regard.

Stephen Nagler

• Like Like x 1
    16. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      As an example:

How many hair cells does a human have?

Then if that's answered and you want to send a follow-up question, maybe have it titled:

Follow Up: How many hair cells does a human have?

Just an idea.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dr. Nagler

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      That would work for me just fine. I think that the alternative, opening the Doctors' Corner threads up for unlimited back-and-forth, really defeats the concept and moreover limits the number of different topics that can be addressed in a given time frame.

Stephen Nagler

18. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I wasn't thinking about unlimited I just thought it would be helpful to have one follow up q and in the same question so things were organized better. But the other idea is fine by me as well.

19. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Doctors are moderators themselves in their own respective areas, and they can merge the follow up thread with the original thread, making a clean and organized look. Then it will look just like you described it.

• Like Like x 1