Does Anyone Else Have Anxiety Panic Disorder?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by another sean, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      How do you check your levels of cortisol?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
    3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    4. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Ashwagandha was recommended to me by my homeopath. I had a complete breakdown due to worsened tinnitus at the end of last year. I have been trying all sorts of things to try to improve. Cortisol is known to be at it’s highest first thing in the morning and it’s not great to start the day with bad tinnitus and anxiety.
      Well done for finding ways to help yourself.
      @another sean

• Like Like x 1
    5. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have anxiety and panic disorders, my panic disorder was so bad before I got tinnitus

I’ve had the EMS called for me. Panic attacks are very real. If my tinnitus didn’t come from my ETD I’m sure it came from stress and panicking.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm sorry to hear you have panic disorder as well. What has helped you to cope with it and keep panic attacks at bay?

7. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m sorry you deal with them also :(

I’ve never been on medicine for them, I’ve always tried myself to get thru them. If I feel one coming on, I try to calm myself out of it, I try to relax.

Since my onset of tinnitus, it’s been a lot harder to deal with my panic attacks and anxiety, I’m religious (Christian) so I pray and that calms me right down, knowing that whatever happens I’m in the right hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm am Christian as well but never thought of praying during a time like that. Something I may try next time. Thanks
      Crystal. I hope things are well with you and your SO and that he's becoming more understanding of your condition.

• Like Like x 1
    9. CrystalB

CrystalB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Praying during a panic/anxiety attack, helps so so much, I can feel the peace come over me, and I really haven’t had as many panic attacks like I used to have. It’s so so right now, he still has he’s moments, but I think it’s getting better little by little. I do hope your attacks get better also :)

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Jack Straw , new update and more progress. So I'd been struggling with my anxiety for the last 2 weeks. Heart just races with any movement, yet its fine when I'm with others so I know it was just anx. Also wearing up with borderline attacks. I was downing magnesium just to get by. But on Saturday, I made my vegetable soup and low and behold, I feel completely normal. Like anxiety never existed. Haven't taken anything else. No magnesium, no passion flower, nothing. You should really try to make it a least once before considering prescriptions. I'm gonna post my recipe. It can take about 2 hours to make and will last for 4 days. you will really feel it hit you on the second or third day. And the effects will last at least for a week after your last serving.

Ingredients: (preferably organic, cut the stems)
      Celery
      Butter nut squash
      can of Tomato sauce 16oz
      Bushel of of Kale
      1 Red cabbage.
      Half a Yam
      Ginger root peeled and diced
      Bushel of Red dandelion
      1/2 bush of parsley

Cooking:
      Add 1 box of vegetable broth
      Add 1/2 box of water
      1/2 table spoon of Celtic salt or to taste.
      Add diced ginger yam and squash. It will disintegrate to add texture.
      Let it boil for about 30 minutes

Spices:
      Turmeric
      Basil (optional)
      oregano (optional)
      Garlic powder (optional)
      Cayenne pepper 1 regular spoon (optional)

Add regular spoon full of turmeric

Add carrots
      Add other spices. Like 10 shakes
      Can of tomato sauce
      Cook for 20min
      Add red cabbage and celery for 10 minutes
      Then kale and dandelion for a few minutes
      Then parsley for a few minutes
      Then let sit and cool down for 20 minutes.

Now these are optional things you can add but are not necessary to get the calming effect.
      1 Onion, Brussel sprouts, 1 stalk of broccoli, 1 whole red pepper and peel the skin, Asparagus
      You can also add a cup or 2 of beans like a mix if you want.
      to make the soup thicker, you can add a 1/3 jar or coconut oil in the beginning if you want.
      You can probably tweak things here an there but I feel one of the essential ingredients that can't be skipped or skimmed is the red cabbage. Its one of the healthest things I've ever seen

Red Cabbage:
      Potassium 2,039 mg 58%
      Vitamin A 187%
      Calcium 37%
      Vitamin C 797%
      Iron 37%
      Vitamin B-6 90%
      Magnesium 33%

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks! Interestingly enough I made some beef stew over the weekend with lots of vegetables and felt the most "relaxed" I have in a while.

12. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi Sean,

I am 65 now, and have had those things, including depression as far back as I can remember. I couldn't take any meds for it because they all gave me bad side effects. What I am learning about now, studying every writing I can get my hands on, is getting the nutrition my body needs. I do take some supplements now for the first time in my life. And seeing your post, I had to speak up. You are young and I can only hope you get started on eating as many good foods as possible, you probably get a lot of exercise, let water be your main drink of the day.

If you can have your bloodwork done, do that and see if you have any deficiencies which I don't think there is anyone in the world that is getting all they need from the foods alone. I don't have a lot of money so I save to get my supplements which are nothing weird, just things like B complex, C, D3 and lots of people here may have some good suggestions as well. Magnesium, I take that for sure. I truly saw a difference in my anxiety level when I started taking that. There's just tons of info online. We are so lucky in this day to have easy access to information, although some I'd rather never seen;)

Also, I just want to say that "more" isn't always better. Just take the recommended amount of supplements if you decide to do some. I hope I'm not out of line here on the forum to recommend good, or better nutrition and supplementing. I would just be so happy to know young, or younger folks are starting early on these things if they aren't already;)

13. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown

14. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That will teach me to read the whole thread, geesh, you are doing great Sean!! I'm copying your recipe too:D:thankyousign:

15. Greeott

Greeott Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 +
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I found 800 mg is excellent for anxiety, you could take up to 1000 mg. Love l -theanine

• Informative Informative x 1
    16. Frédéric

Frédéric Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/19/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Tinnitus Among Patients With Anxiety Disorder: A Nationwide Longitudinal Study

Objectives: The association between tinnitus and anxiety disorder remains debated. We used a retrospective cohort study to investigate the relationship between anxiety disorder and tinnitus, aiming to decipher possible risk factors for tinnitus in patients with anxiety disorder.

Method: Data on a total of 7,525 patients with anxiety disorder and 15,050 patients without (comparison cohort) were extracted from the Longitudinal Health Insurance Database 2005 in Taiwan. The Kaplan–Meier estimator with the log rank test and the Cox proportional-hazard regression model were used to compare the incidence of tinnitus in both groups and to identify risk factors that predicted tinnitus.

Results: After adjusting for related covariates, the hazard ratio for the development of tinnitus during the follow-up period was 3.54 (95% confidence interval: 3.11–4.02, P < .001) for anxiety disorder cohort relative to comparison cohort. Age ≧ 60 years, female sex, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia were statistically significant predictive risk factors of tinnitus in patients with anxiety disorder.

Conclusion: A significant increase in the lifetime incidence of tinnitus was exhibited in patients with anxiety disorder. Elderly subjects, female sex, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia were risk factors. Clinicians should be alert to the possibility of tinnitus in subjects with anxiety disorder.

Full article: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyt.2020.00606/full