Does Anyone Else Have Anxiety Panic Disorder?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by another sean, Aug 25, 2018.

1. 1000

1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I have anxiety all day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Their is help for anxiety with counselling and medication for GAD so don't suffer with it alone .
      If medication is needed it doesn't have to be for ever.
      love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. HearsToHope
      Fine

HearsToHope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced Hearing Loss
      I've had anxiety and panic disorder for over 15 years. I've been on and off meds throughout those years. I do not know the efficacy of the meds, only that I have been able to cope over the years. My first coping mechanism was video games, which did a real number on my marriage. After that, I switched to heavy metal music, which did a number on my ears and gave me tinnitus. Now I lift weights and participate in my community as a youth leader.

I underwent CBT in the past and it was so effective it drastically altered my life after just 5 sessions. I personally feel it's one of the most effective tools to combat anxiety-related issues. Frequently there's an underlying emotional issue (shame, social anxiety/isolation) or physical issue (tinnitus, sleep disorders) and once those get resolved things can get much better.

My panic got brutally worse again when the tinnitus started and I had to go back on meds. I'm pissed about that but it is what it is. I've been doing my best to learn to adapt to the tinnitus and have had pretty good success so far.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      I don't have any anxiety except for my hypochondria...I have no health problems before T so of course I had to get T to balance everything out. After I am dead I am going to speak to the manager and tell him that i don't approve of this little joke. I would much rather live my entire life without one of my limbs if it means having my hearing restored 100%

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Try CBD oil. I drink Vodka too. Vodka really helps. You just have to control yourself and not become an tragic drunk.

• Like Like x 1
    6. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      I thought about this now and then and wondered if it actually would be better. People who lost limbs can experience phantom pain and it's weirdly like tinnitus except it actually hurts (though I know some T sufferers get pain). I'm sure some of them would trade their limb back for tinnitus, guess it's just a really personal thing. I know where you're coming form though, I've often said if I could cure my tinnitus in exchange for something pretty terrible but I could manage or power through then I would do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      But you would get a ton more empathy and understanding from people though. But yeah I was just exaggerating a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      How have you been since the onset of your tinnitus? I remember reading your introduction thread. I hope you are doing better.

9. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Not so great. I got my first panic attack in two month a few days ago after drinking some caffeinated tea to get rid of a headache which created a new sensation I never had before, my outer left arm would get numb for a few hours. Googling does show numbness is possible symptom with panic attacks. Then I had another one at 8am this morning and almost another one at 1pm this afternoon. I've been trying to figure out what it could be and I suspect its these multivitamins that I started taking about 5 days ago. So I googled anxiety and multivitamins and I found several pages mentioning that there is a connection plus reading comments of other people discovering similar issues. And last year when I tried another multivitamin, I noticed my chest feeling heavy and didn't know why, I thought perhaps something was affecting my heart, even though my heart has been checked out several times, but now it makes sense because one of my symptom of anxiety is heaviness in the chest. So I'll stop the multivitamin and see how it goes.

On top of that I have been having issues with my feet going numb due to plantar fasciitis and a long term pinched nerve in my back causing my thigh to get numb so I haven't been able to walk for a few days. Stack on isolation from human contact and immense loneliness and its a bowl of "not fun".

How are things with you?

• Hug Hug x 3
    11. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I haven’t been doing well myself. I had a couple of panic attacks as well after not having them for a couple of months too. Trying to get over the tense anxious feeling they bring as well and slowly getting over it. Trying to stay optimistic and distract myself with various stuff.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry to hear that you're gong thru similar things. Yeah, I'm like so annoyed like why is this happening now when things were so good. my hear is so pound just by standing up. so I am going full assault on my anxiety. seeing therapist tomorrow, making my vegetable soup, daily Pharma Gaba and magnesium and gonna look up some basic yoga.

13. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Doesn't CBD increase tinnitus volume?

14. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hell yas I do. How can you not with an obnoxious noise in your head? It turns a normal person into a fruitcake. I had anxiety/panic disorder prior to tinnitus though. Come to think of it I could have been a fruitcake prior to tinnitus?

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im glad your seeing a therapist they can help. What happened to your ears? is your tinnitus effected?

Keep trying to distract yourself with various tasks or chores. They always help me break way from what is bothering me or making me anxious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ah, "hear" was a typo. I mean to say heart. my hearts just pounding all day. And with my feet screwed up, I can exercise much or even take a drive outside. Usually walking around my happy place helps a lot.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am not sure if this will pertain to you, but is it like heart palpitations? I used to get them until i realized I was dehydrated and started drinking more water and it went away.

I also saw you were talking some new multivitamins. Maybe that has to do with it? I also saw that you said the multivitamins were maybe causing anxiety. Does this new multivitamin have lots of vitamin B? For me when I take multivitamins I also have a skyrocket of anxiety that also gets a little worse once I stop taking it, but goes back to normal after a couple of days. I suspect it is the B vitamins because they are somewhat of a stimulant. I'm not 100% sure, but that is my best guess.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yeah, I suspect it's the B vitamins and possibly the Niacin and Folate. Those were two that kept popping up as triggers for anxiety. So I'm stopping the vitamins. What really worked incredibly well today was Magnesium. I felt like a crack addict getting a fix.

bolt.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    19. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also feel like magnesium helps me as well! I know we have talked about this, but I usually try to shoot for around 400 mg daily. I take 3 doses of 150 mg throughout the day. After ever dosage I feel a little relaxed, but not sedated.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, I took around 300 at once. Maybe thats why. I'm also starting to suspect that calcium could be a helping mineral as well. on two separate occasions, I've noticed my panic attacks ramping up around the same time I stopped drinking milk or kifer. I know dairy isn't good but its an easy natural source of calcium. ordered 2 cartons tonight and am waiting for delivery. like I said, full frontal assault on anxiety today.

2jrwna.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    21. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's a good attitude! I know exercise is hard for you, but anything that can get the heart pumping can help reduce cortisol and excess adrenaline in your body. Yoga is supposed to be great and relaxing as well. It is something that I have always wanted to try.

22. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Not for me. Are you thinking of THC?

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Your correct. Some people have reported spike increases from THC. Not sure if there is much research about it though.

24. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anxiety wise not too bad. I stopped having panic attacks after stoping the multivitamins. I still feel my general anxiety is up still. My heart pounds and accelerates easily when I get out of bed. Im trying to determine if its just anxiety or a vitamin deficiency like iron or b12. I got a slew of blood tests yesterday. Im checking my b12, Magnesium, comprehensive thyroid test including reverse, cortisol and a CBC chem panel. They took 7 vials. My arm has been cramping since yesterday. Its also to further diagnose why my feet are getting numb. I was thrown back on my knee rover twice hitting the wall so the soreness might be upping my anxiety a little too. But still grateful no full on attacks. Magnesium still mellows me out the best. How about yourself?

• Like Like x 1
    26. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      To be honest I feel like I'm spiraling downward. I am trying to stay positive, but its just hard enough dealing with anxiety, panic attacks, etc. We all know tinnitus isn't helping and is prob made worse because of anxiety. The supplements I take I feel do help, but not as much as I would like.

I think I might have to start some pharmaceuticals or something to get it under control before it gets too bad. I tried propranolol and it does help, but now when i take it i notice my T changes, my wind noise changes to beeping noises so I'm not sure if that means its ototoxic or not. I try to avoid taking it, but do if I have to. I might try xanax again after having a bad experience and see if it helps and doesn't effect my T. I think some anti depressants might be my only option.

Do you have any experience with them post T?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no, just pre T. took it 10 years ago. really helped me understand depression and how to recognize it better so it doesn't take control. I'd stick with prozac. Zoloft had side effects. Prozac work perfectly. Just don't take too much or it will increase your anxiety. did you try the things I suggested? I'll list the items I take.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Vitality-Magnesium-Stress-Original/dp/B000OQ2DL4/
      https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Stress-Relax-Naturally-Vegetarian/dp/B006L7TD0O/
      https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Answer-Alcohol-Free-Passion-Flower/dp/B01KTYDHN8/

also If you are obsessing over certain thoughts then get this book
      https://www.amazon.com/Stop-Obsessing-Overcome-Obsessions-Compulsions/dp/0553381172/

Lastly, see a therapist so you can unload all those thoughts out of your head.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, I am taking magnesium and a couple of other anti-stress natural supplements, but they aren't working really. I also see a therapist as well, but I think its more of a chemical issue. I would be more willing to try the AD if there wasn't the risk of causing an increase in T, but i feel like i might have to take that risk soon.

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      another sean
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Jack, so I've made some progress with my anxiety and thought I'd share in hopes it may help you. so this past week it was getting a little out of control. I noticed it was amped up as soon as I woke up each morning. A few times I was even sensing a full on attack coming on and I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet. So it was pretty bad. I was having to take 1/2 Tsp of Magnesium and 15 drops of Passion flower 4 times throughout the day just to get by. the stuff worked in 15 min but would only last about 4 hours. So I tried to get to the root of the problem and recognized 2 things stressing me out when I thought of them. Things that started in the beginning of the week.

So I made the effort to solve those 2 problems. I immediately felt better. It took a lot of thinking internally and out loud to solve them. like talking everything out. getting to the bottom of things and finding a solution. This returned my anxiety back to previous levels. Now I wanted to try to bring it down even further so I started paying attention to my Cortisol levels. I got it tested. The upper range was 15.9 for the AM and my was at 15. So within range, but the upper range.

So I started taking a previous herbal supplement called Ashwagandha. I had already tired it and had some success and wanted to try it again as its very well known to lower Cortisol levels, anxiety, help with depression, insomnia. A whole host of things. So far I have had really good success with it. I feel very calm. I take one capsule twice a day.

You can read about a Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study here if you'd like. So just some food for thought.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    30. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for writing this up! I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I will look into both of those supplements and add them to my stack.