Don't Lose Hope~

Discussion in 'Support' started by tandpiano, Mar 18, 2014.

1. tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Let-not-your-heart.jpg I know this thing with Tinnitus is more than we can stand sometimes! But please don't give up! There will be good days to follow. Hang on! Do what you can ... go see your doctor.. ent.. audiologist. Maybe get on some meds to help you through the anxiety. Most of all if you have faith~ Call out to Jesus who will comfort you in these tough times. Le not your heart be troubled. I sure hope you all have a good T day.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Great message of comfort. My saviour Jesus did the miracle of healing for me. Fear not the suffering and set backs. Let's have a bright hope for the future. If we learn to trust Him and ease our fear & anxiety for this T bully, we will recover in time. T may not go away, but our ability to cope or to live our life again will get better in time to still being able to live a normal and productive life. May the Prince of Peace instill a sense of peace in our lives. Life is not meant to be perfect. Even the Son of God had to suffer on the cross. May we develop the patience and optimism & positivity which will help us deal with T.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      I often think about Peter who cut off the ear of the High Priest ... and Jesus healed the mans ear! He was being arrested and the plan of God was being fulfilled. Jesus was headed to the cross to die for our sins.. to suffer greatly for my transgression and my suffering.. and He had mercy on the High Priest and healed His ear. Does not God care so greatly for us! Does not He lean in when our hearts and souls are tortured by this continuous noise in our ears! Jesus has compassion and He will come and comfort our souls and even heal us. I serve a mighty God!! When my T was at it's worse I can remember crying out to my God... praying my faith is so weak... please help me. God did not leave me alone and He won't leave you alone. If you don't know Jesus .. you can. Please contact me or Billie and we will share. Find a Bible and read the book of John... I love the Psalms.. they are so comforting. God Bless!

And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear. And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.
      Luke 22:50-51

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I believe jesus can even heal T in some cases people reported it :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      I believe too Grace! I truly believe!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Joe Zaffiro

Joe Zaffiro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2014
      tandpiano- when my T was at it's worst during the night time hours, I specifically read that Bible account. I also read some of the healings Jesus performed and think that He is still actively healing today. Sometimes the healing comes, sometimes it does not. I thought about Him healing the ear of the servant and what a great Savior He is.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Joe,
      We serve a mighty God!!! He is so faithful! I have been reading in John and have been so touched
      by all that Jesus did! How He has such compassion and heals so many people. We may be healed from our
      T by Jesus.. He is able for sure... but will He? Is it in His perfect will. If we are are not healed on this earth.. He will surely give us the grace for each day. And some day on the Glorious day when we see Him face to face! All of our infirmities will be healed! I have had 2 kidney transplants in my life... so when it's time to lay this shell of body down and the LORD calls me home!!! It will surely be a glorious day for me. To live is Christ to die is gain! Have a good T day!

• Winner Winner x 3
    8. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Amen ! Faith plays a big role in my walk with Christ He continues to give me stregth everyday knowing that he will never leave me brings me all the strength i need to go on even with T, God has done wonderful thing in my life even with T He is my stregth everyday. Prays to the King on high !

Psalm 23
      King James Bible
      Ezekiel 34:11-24; John 10:1-21)

1{A Psalm of David.} The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thouart with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Amen

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I do not read the Bible very much. I would rather read an old style telephone book.

Amen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      sands-on-the-sea.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Christine.. Amen!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      attheedgeofscience... I hope you are having a good day. How is Germany? I have never been there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Wonderful words of inspiration! !!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      Don't get me wrong here because I do want and need to hold on to my faith but I've had a rough couple of weeks and I'm having a hard time hearing this right now. The tinnitus has been giving me a really hard time. I was doing pretty well with this new tinnitus around the beginning of the month and somehow lost my footing. The whole thing is pretty new still. My tinnitus became much worse Jan. 10 of this year. It's a long story. To make matters worse, I was getting some counseling at church a couple weeks ago concerning other matters and had a pretty difficult time at the last session. I don't believe the Lord wanted that to happen but somehow I ended up feeling conflicted instead of feeling peace. I hope my positive attitude will come back soon.

• Creative Creative x 1
    16. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha sgal With T we all have our bad days ,:banghead: even with those bad days and belive me i have alot:blackeye: but i choose not to let those days rule me, (y) because i can choose to have a very bad day but yet my T will still be there waiting or i can just change my thought and just go with being possitve and ME, and yes the T will still be there but knowing that i over came another day make me feel like my life is back.. In the begining with my t i was a mess, :cry::woot::arghh::eek::mad::(:inpain: but i found this site and did not feel alone, i dont talk to others that dont have T cause they wont understand , yesterday at work this little old ladies hearing aid was ringing like crazy, one of the other nurses told me oh my god that sound is so irratating:nailbiting: lol how can she stand it , i laughed and said it dosnt bother me i always hear ringing lol:ROFL::whistle:... with this T i have learned to not let other bad sound bother me i just block it out ..... I hope you continue to trust in HIM and i will pray for all of us who has T. hope you fell better remember .. I'M here if you ever want to vent.... ALOHAAAAAA:beeranimation:

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      Christine, Thank you. Good words for me.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      we-know-that-all-things.jpg sgal,
      I have been through counseling ... too! You are not alone my friend! You are loved and God is not angry at you.. this is not a punishment to you. This my friend is just life.. and I am so sorry your T is giving you some rough days...

Father God who created all that we see... I pray right now for sgal... be with her! Surround her heart with your ever present grace and mercy! Give her peace with her T! Show her that you love her and that you lean in and hear her when she cries.. you collect all her tears and store them in bottles for your praise! There is not one day that goes by that you are not aware of her suffering. Lord reveal to her that your thoughts toward per day are more than the sands on the sea shore. She is a treasure to you! You adore her and sent your Son to die for her.. Lord place in her heart joy and cause her lips to be filled with laughter and praise. I pray that you would protect her from the evil one and rush to her side in her time of hardship. Please in Jesus Name!

sgal... T is tough! Please know you are loved and you are not alone! We are all here with the same T sounding in our head and ears... hang in there and message me any time if you need to talk. Hugs...

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    19. sgal

sgal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? probably hearing loss.
      Tandpiano,

I don't know how, but I missed this post until tonight. This is such a blessing to me and I'm so glad I stopped by here this evening to help someone else. Little did I know that I had such a beautiful and uplifting message left here for me by you. Thank you so much for this prayer. I have been doing so much better so I believe God heard this prayer and helped me to find more peace.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      sgal,
      I am so glad to hear that you are doing better with your T! Praise God! He goes before us! God bless!

• Like Like x 1
    21. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Only by God's grace I stand here today after 3 long years living with T. He gave me the peace and strength to keep going. It is not an easy road... but Jesus said: "In this world you will have affliction. But take heart, I have overcome the world." John 16:33. Oh how I eagerly wait for the day of my redemption. When I will get my glorified body!!! (Two brand new ears to go with that!! ) Aleluya! Praise to my King! This life with T is but temporarily. Eternal life with God is what I focus on and seek. :) I pray for all who have to struggle with T.

• Hug Hug x 2
    22. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      I've been trying to get back into a good relationship with God which has crumbled a lot since I first got the T. But my faith waves all the time because there will be a good week where I pray and study God's word and my prayers will be answered and my T will be low and my health and the health of those I pray for improve. But then I feel like I get 'tested' every two weeks and God ignores my prayers and ignores me and lets bad things happen to me to see if I'll still be faithful and to me, that hurts a lot. I know bad things don't come from God but it doesn't make me feel very loved by Him when I'm ignored...

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Derpytia,
      Please know that God loves you.. His love was demonstrated on the cross as Jesus gave His life for our sins. The moment you believed on Christ... you were clothed in His righteousness and He will never love you more or less than that very day. There is nothing you can do or not do to cause the Father's love to improve more or less. Living our life in disobedience can bring consequences but that never changes His love toward you. Draw close to the Father through Jesus! Find peace and hope in His everlasting love! You my dear are so loved! Everyday His thoughts toward you are more than the sands on the sea shore... Consider the stars.. they are all numbered and named.. consider the very lovely hairs on your head.. each one is accounted for even the ones you lose on a daily basis. Consider Jesus on the cross with you in mind... You are loved and treasured.

T is not for the faint of heart! I believe it is a tool of the evil one.... But God gives us much grace for each and every day! And the very things that causes you much grief and pain.. will be the very thing that God uses to draw you and others to Himself. Nothing is waist-ed with God! Not one tear that is shed... not one sparrow that falls to the grown.. ..nothing is waist-ed! I often ask God ....especially when the T is not on my side... what good can possibly come from this? Please tell me.. on occasion crying out to God .... please take this away.. please help me to find peace in this constant surround sound of high pitched... static madness!!! Show me the good Abba..... and then! Bing!!! you got mail.... and then someone on tinnitus talk write... even you... and for His Glory I get to share how God... my Abba... my counselor.. my great physician.. and lover of my soul... gives me the grace to endure one more day with this T!

You may feel like God is close when you are close to Him and answers your prayers more and your T is better and life is better.... but.. . God does not work on behavioral awards and answered prayers... We do not sway God by our "good" behavior! For there is non righteous no not one.... He loves us... and even when we are far away from Him .. He is always a cry away.... I find when I am at my weakest in life and don't even have the energy to pray that even the Spirit intercedes for me.

Don't you know that you are so loved!!! Cast your burdens upon Him! Lean on His promises! Remember that even in the storms of life and troubles of life Jesus will help us to stand firm upon His solid Rock! You my dear are not alone! We are in this crazy T roller coaster together... please message me any time... praying for you! Tammy

• Winner Winner x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Free Indeed! if-the-Son-shall-make-you-f.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    25. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Dear Tammy,
      I think this message was for me too. :) What a blessing. Thank you for allowing the Lord to work through you. Beautiful encouraging words for the day. May God bless you richly.

Dear derpytia, those are words straight from the pit, the devil. The devil is a liar (John 8:44), a deceiver (Revelation 12:9), a tempter (Matthew 4:1-11). He comes to kill, steal and destroy (John 10:10).

Find comfort in the Word of God: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phillipians 4:8

When those thoughts come to you, replace them with the WORD of God! Recite scripture over and over. Also, don't you think those moments when you are feeling well is because of God's grace to you??? Thank him for those moments!!! And when the hard times come.... guess what... THANK HIM too! In the good and in the bad praise His glorious name. That's what Paul and Silas did when they were in jail!!

"
      But about midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; 26 and suddenly there came a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison house were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened. Acts 16:25.

They were beaten, hungry, miserable... and still praising God! God loves you soooo very much. Big hug. Saying a prayer for you. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Onceaponatime!!! Feeling the love and presence of God reading your message!!! Praise His Holy Name!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Soo blessed to have found this forum. :) Tammy I will keep you in my prayers. Where are you from? If I may ask. Hugs.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      Upstate NY...I am glad for this sight too! I will message you my email..we can encourage one another. I like to hear your story. Hugs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    29. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      @attheedgeofscience...what was the point in saying that?

This is a nice thread even if you don't share their faith.

@tandpiano, thanks for the hopeful thread. When I was at my worst with T, a nurse taking care of me took me into her home and into her church and community. I am not a very religious person, but it was very healing to feel such compassion from near strangers. It was one of the best moments in one of my darkest.

Reading this made me think of her. Thanks for bringing up lovely memories.

And it really does get better.

• Like Like x 2
    30. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      The quote below is the interpretation of (religious) faith, as I understand it...

Faith.jpg

Needless to say, I would not have much personal experience with such matters.

Based on the above, "faith" - in the religious sense - is therefore probably best defined as non-quid-pro-quo relationship. In that sense, I could re-write the last of the above 3 phrases as "I believe in my bank accountant, even when the return-on-investment is zero". Some people would. Some people wouldn't. Perhaps the interest rate will go up next year, right?

That's faith.

While faith may have an element of uncertainty associated with it, let it be known with no uncertainty that, regardless of religious beliefs, political affiliations, or racial backgrounds, I wish everyone on this board peace and quiet inside our troubled ears.

I have done my very best to, in some small way, contribute to that reality. Faithful, or not.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2