Don't Lose Hope~

Discussion in 'Support' started by tandpiano, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      ATEOS
      Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all.
      There are a lot of believers on TT ,myself included.as to your referring to the Holy Bible equal to a phone book ,well I'm lost for words .
      Why didn't you just let this thread pass you by ,respect us believers on TT ,your remarks totally un called for .
      This thread was good till you came along and decided to spoil it.Hope your all done .
      Your remarks make me sad .

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Considering this thread's deeply religious contents, I would've preferred had that been mentioned already in the title of the thread. Religious threads should have their own sub-forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      You know what? I agree...!

Feel free to have my post from March 19th, 2014 deleted if you wish. I genuinely mean it. I agree that the content of that post spoils the thread for those who are into faith/religion. I also don't think it is a very constructive post - and so in that respect it probably does not adhere to the netiquette of the forum (although 3 members of this forum did agree with me on the subject). But I should like to mention that the post is half a year old, now...

However, my earlier post of today within this thread, was in no way intended to be offensive - I have simply provided my objective view on what faith is. And I do not wish to have it deleted. Sorry.

I didn't.

In fact, I made no reference what-so-ever.

I'll take my leave. Promise!

[Feel free to have this post deleted also.]

4. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Think first couple of post was the clue .TT is open to all,believers and non believers so no sarcastic remarks are called for .No one has to join in on the thread .Pass it by .Made my T day lot better when I saw the thread come up as did others I'm sure . Thank you Tandpiano and Onceuponatime .

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Just read your post after mine was just sent thank you for letting it go ,leave us believers in Christ to it hey ,I'm far to old to get into negative banter ,helps no one end of the day ,plus no time left in my life to spend doing so .
      Best wishes ATEOS .

6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hebrews Chapter 11 pretty much summarizes it to me. God's mystery. What you see now with your eyes, in this world, is really not eternal... what you do not see but have faith in, is eternal. "And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. " John 2:17 - See also 1 Corinthians 7:31 "Those who use the things of the world should not become attached to them. For this world as we know it will soon pass away."

The more I think about it, the more in awe I am of God's sovereignty.
      "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." James 4:14.

Here's one of my favorite songs...enjoy it. :) Happy Day to all!
      Casting Crowns - Who am I with lyrics

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      @attheedgeofscience, if you "don't think it is a very constructive post - and so in that respect it probably does not adhere to the netiquette of the forum," you could delete the post yourself. Why task someone else with doing it? And of course people agree with you that "they would rather read an old-style telephone book" than the bible. Not everyone is religious. I am not, but why say that? Others agreeing with you, in this case, doesn't somehow make the posting that productive.

Though it did come from a long time ago, to someone reading this thread for the first time today, it is brand new. How long ago it was posted does not necessarily lessen its effect.

I think we're all grateful for all the pioneering experiences you've shared on the forum, and I doubt anyone questions your desire for everyone on the forum to be well and have silence. Let's all just try to be kind and respectful of one another. T is hard enough all on its own.

8. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @attheedgeofscience

You have indeed contributed a lot to this Forum. The Forum is a lot better with you than it ever would have been without you. As @awbw8 posted, many of us appreciate all that you have shared with us and all that we have learned from you...

However, I do agree with the points @Marlene made at the top of this page. Sometimes it's best to just let something (that we don't agree with or like) go without making a comment. Just out of consideration for others who have different views than ours. I need to remember that too...

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I believe in prayer. It has helped me to become stronger. I pray for a cure but I don't expect it. I believe what we experience here, in this place and time, is short lived in the scheme of things. We can choose to let life make us or break us. At any rate, Jesus is with us every step of the way. His plan is so much greater than what we experience in this world.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      attheedgeofscience
      Thank you for reading my post and your response. I do hope you are having a better day with your T. :) I appreciate your feeling and remarks. I had been thinking on how to respond to your post... not feeling upset at all. Faith is something that is not tangible..meaning you can't see it's just something that you have or you don't. Those who have it.. carry it in there hearts. It has become part of them and me.. .. thoough I do hope those around me can see my love for Jesus. But faith reminds me of T in a way... you either have it or you don't... and those of us who do have it... show no evidence that we have it... some of us.. there is no reason to have it.. we just have it. Even though no one else can hear what we hear. I mean sounds in our heads... kind of crazy to some people. They may even on occasion think that we who have it are making it up. .. just because there is no proof that we have it.. same is true for faith. I have it.. it is real and I have it deep in my heart. .. and all because you don't have it.. doesn't mean that me having it makes it less real.

I am not even sure you can even compare T with faith but in a sense for me.. they go hand and hand. Though my faith in Christ came before the T.. my faith only helps me to endure another day with the T. I respect your opinion and do hope that your T is better today. Suffering with T is not an easy thing.

How long have you had T? Is your constant .. loud? are you married? Do you find things that help you with your T?

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      That is some lovely compassion and grace @tandpiano. Something I need to remind myself to employ more frequently.

Thank you for being an example.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Just needed to read these beautiful words of encouragement today. May God bless you much and hope you are doing well. @tandpiano.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      @OnceUponaTime just a note to say thank you! I have been doing really well with my T! Praise the LORD! I was in really bad shape back in Feb of 2014... It took over 4 months for the sounds to subside and they are now resting in the back round. I hardly notice it unless I sit in the very quiet or at night when I go to bed. God has been so good to me. He is the one who took the sounds and reduced them .. I just know. He knows how much a person can handle and well just to say.. I didn't handle that to well. I sure hope this note finds you well. Don't you give up and hang in there. Each day is a gift and if the enemy can get us to give up or throw in the towel then he has won. Joy sure does come in the morning. God's Word says in this world you will have trouble... and don't worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough troubles of it's own. Not only is there trouble for the day... but His Words says that His mercies are new everyday. So with the dose of trouble comes a mega dose of His Mercies! Cling to Him... He is able.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. suera

suera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      I'm glad you are doing well and have such a joyful attitude.

I fear this sound will follow me into the grave and beyond which is probably one thing that keeps me from offing myself, that and my kids.

15. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @tandpiano. So happy for you! Praise God! I keep clinging to my Lord. I run this race with eternity in view!. Last night T was so loud...sigh. But I just keep reciting scripture over and over... I even laid my bad ear on the Word and said...go ahead...ring all you want, Gods Word is stronger!!!!! And I fell asleep til this morning!!! :) Please keep me in prayer. Bless you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I feel hopeless right now. Tinnitus just getting worse over time. Over 5 years since the torture began. I trust and pray but struggling so much, wishing each day was my last day of the torment. Just so loud, I can barely concentrate at work. Would value prayers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      @suera .. Don't you give up! Don't just do it for your kids.. do it for you! Find things that can take your mind off your ringing... Try to keep busy and try not to let the T run your life and cause you stop living. Even if you go for a car ride or go to the mall or take a walk through WallyWorld.. and the moment you say to yourself .. cause it will come.. wow.. I didn't notice my T.. and you even have to check to see if it's there... rejoice and cling to that. I am praying for you and please know you are not alone. T is horrible and it is a joy stealer.. It will suck the very life out of you... Father God .. I pray in the Name of Jesus.. that you will touch this friend in suffering. Touch and release the crazy sounds so that peace can finally come! In Jesus Name. I am here.. you are not alone. One day at a time.... try not to use words like.. Never be the same.. I can't live with this the rest of my life... I will go crazy.. what is the use.. why even try... no one understands... who cares... because those my dear one are all lies from the T and the evil one. Hang on... rest in Him!

• Winner Winner x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      @OnceUponaTime your post made me smile. It's kind of interesting .. I have not been on here in such a long time and at one time this was my life. God is good and His mercies are so good to us! He never promises to take all troubles out of our lives.. but He does promise to carry us through the storms.... Even though my T is tamed.. it still reminds me that it's there and all I can do is trust in God. I have had 2 kidney transplants in my life. My brother gave me a Kidney when I was 18 years old.. that is now 27 years with his kidney. The last 2 months my kidney levels have risen and I just feel like blah!!! But I call on Him daily and each day I pray that God will use my life for His glory alone. I will repeat labs on Monday.. praying for better results. Keep me in your prayers and I will continue to pray for you... It only shows.. that even though one thing like T may be the source of worry .. concern and trouble.. that there is always something around the corner. LOL! For we live in a very broken world.. and for me.. well this world is not my home.. I am merely a stranger and visitor. Blessings.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tandpiano
      Relaxed

tandpiano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2010
      @Tweaker Father God I pray for tweaker! Please give him strength and relief! Draw him to yourself. Let him feel your presence. Let him know that this is not punishment.. but just life. Lord you know what these sounds are.. you know that they come from the evil one.. in the power of Jesus Christ give this man relief. Thank you LORD. Tweaker not sure what you have tried or not tried.. but I have been on amitriptyline and it has really helped. I am on a very low dose.. but when t was bad.. it was higher.. it helped detach the brain and really helped with sleep. I do pray that you have a better day... this is a life long torture.. but my God .. well His yoke is gentle and His burden light...

• Winner Winner x 1
    20. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @tandpiano Thank you for your words. I was on amitriptyline a couple of years ago but take a low dose of mirtazapine now. It helps with sleep but tinnitus keeps getting worse. I tried to go back on amitrptyline but it no longer helped with sleep. I sometimes take zopiclone also but I think meds may have contributed to my T getting worse. I would like to be able to sleep without any meds but so difficult.I would love to be free of any meds to see if my ears would settle down. But working full time with no sleep is so hard.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @suera
      @Tweaker
      Prying for you.

God's Word says that by His strips we are healed. And it also says that when Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego did not bowed to the statue they told King Nebuchadnezzar: Daniel 3:16: "We do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. But EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Praise God!! We will not succumb to T's lies! Even if we have to live with this for a while here on earth.... Fix your eyes on the Lord. This earthly body is not eternal.
      Phillipians 3:21: "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory!!!!! That's our Hope! Cling to it!! You can do this.... Phillipians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Stand up, put on the armor of Christ and fight! And when you have done all...STAND some more!!!!! And when we stand ..... is only because God is holding us up. He loves you.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    22. flkb
      Amazed

flkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2012
      I've lost my faith due to this and other things. I am glad that others have found comfort though.

23. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @tandpiano
      Thank you for your witness! I am printing out all your prayers and words to remind me of Jesus in all this. Please keep posting....your words from Him are like heaven to our ears and hearts... PTL, He is real, alive, and ready to help us in all our trials.

24. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @Tweaker
      Have you tried lots of valerian, melatonin, and sleepytime teas for sleep? All herbs...no side effects. Also, read that organic banana tea (google that, boil whole banana with skin) is good as a sleep aid (just read it, haven't done a study on it). Probably lots of other natural sleep aids if google, and try them all! Also they're at the natural health food stores. Lots of exercise during day for natural exhaustion and to get tension out. And don't forget to pray for His wisdom and peace.