Fiddlin' Around

Discussion in 'Support' started by I who love music, Jan 2, 2014.

1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      In 1978 I started playing the fiddle. The old boys I played with warned me that I'd get neck problems, a 'knot' on my jaw, and ringing in my ears. Actually when I think about it, the fiddling and all the electric music I ever played can't compare to the 8 years of band in school. Wow. I remember many days in the band room when I felt like I just couldn't take it anymore. 8 years, 5 days a week, an hour a day. I call that tinnitus in training.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Well I've never played the fiddle and here I am nonetheless. Don't worry about it.

3. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      I played fiddle for quite a few years, with no serious problem. Until I got serious problems, and they kept getting seriouser and seriouser. Now I'm on a big bag of meds just to get me to sleep, with all the ringing.

4. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Funnily enough, I've been considering taking up the violin again now that I have tinnitus. Playing required so much concentration it was a complete release from my worries for a short while. It's been 8 years, I wonder if I'll have to start from square one.

5. Misery
      Happy

Misery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 26, 2013
      When my T first came on, the beeps for the timer on my camera (I'm a photographer) even bothered by ears. I can't image playing an instrument.

• Informative Informative x 1