Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BBakkers
      Not amused

BBakkers Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2011, Spike 2019, Spike 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1e Loud Music, 2e earwax irrigation, 3e padel tennis
      Ooh man think about that sweet sweet relief. Oh boy! Only thinking about it makes me happy.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      That would be awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Can’t wait for the ENTs to inject me with some FX-322 for that sweet relief as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Jorge1984
      Wishful

Jorge1984 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Honestly me too I can’t wait. Once I hear silence imma stay in and catch up on sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I haven’t had good sleep in ages. Miss being able to sleep for 8 hours or more without waking up.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Jorge1984
      Wishful

Jorge1984 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Do you remember how you got your tinnitus? Mine was because of loud music.

7. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Ear infection and made worse due to loud noise.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Jaysterk
      Blah

Jaysterk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Then we would have a cure for tinnitus and hyperacusis in a few months tops.

If the world wanted to, tinnitus could be cured within a year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Lucifer

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Maybe the coronavirus cure is FX-322 lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    10. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      That's naive. Things don't get done just because they're a high priority. They also have to be feasible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Jorge1984
      Wishful

Jorge1984 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Do you guys think FX-322 will work for people whose tinnitus was caused by loud music or anything loud?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Things that are high priority seem to have a way of becoming feasible.

Necessity as the mother of invention and all. :dunno:

13. patorjk
      No Mood

patorjk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Several reasons
      Rumor has it that my state (Maryland) is going to issue a Shelter in Place order this weekend due to COVID-19 (following California and New York). Assuming more states follow suit, will this wreck the Phase II study? Or would study participants still be able to go to their appointments? I also worry that some people will drop out of the study because of this.

Judging by the stock price most people don't seem too concerned, but things seem to be spiraling out of control and I worry it's going to negatively impact or delay FX-322.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    14. Jaysterk
      Blah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Naive? Imagine every single world Government/Economy all 100% pushing for a cure for tinnitus. Every single doctor/researcher searching for a cure. They would find a cure.

Sure this would never happen but then again it was a hypothetical.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jaysterk
      Blah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      I Highly Support This Message!

16. Tweedleman
      Depressed

Tweedleman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/Noise
      In this hypothetical situation I absolutely think they would find a cure/treatment for tinnitus if they approached it through cochlear restoration like Frequency, Hough, and the others are already doing. If the whole world woke up tomorrow with hearing loss and severe tinnitus, you can be damn sure the ball would get rolling faster.

It's pathetic that we don't already have this medicine from a humanitarian perspective. At least Frequency has solid backing behind them with JP Morgan and Astellas.

People take their hearing for granted and just assume this shit won't happen to them. Until it does, and they're welcomed into the dark ages of hearing care where you are greeted by Fishbone informing you that you have to learn to live with it.

• Agree Agree x 9
    17. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Sorry. That's the myth of progress. Some things are just impossible. Most likely candidates: zero-point-energy, warp-drive, anti-gravity, etc... You can't just assume that putting every smart person on the planet in one room will make the impossible possible. I mean, never say never, but this is not something that you can expect to figure out by just investing x number of man hours. That doesn't mean I don't agree with the sentiment of making it a higher priority, but I have a realistic idea of the odds here.

18. Jaysterk
      Blah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      I don't know. We put man on the moon with building sized computers that are slower than my Casio Watch lol.

I honestly feel like every single medical condition has a cure. Birds are able to regenerate their inner ear. This is a hint from nature that it's within the real of possibility.

• Agree Agree x 4
    19. AtlasFainted

AtlasFainted Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure + Viral Infection
      If we are already close to hearing regeneration with the current biotech companies working on it, what makes you think it wouldn't have been done faster if there were more demand and people working on providing a cure?

Comparing warp-drives & anti-gravity to the bioscience of hearing regeneration (something that we have verified progress has been made in) is a broken comparison.

Many considered the atom bomb to be impossible. Also electric cars that could take up a sizable share of the market. Yet here we are.

Of course, my opinion is that the FDA holding a monopoly on clinical trials is the main reason things have taken so long. But that's a doorway into an entire political/policy debate so I digress.

• Agree Agree x 4
    20. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Don't you think tinnitus treatments in 100 years will be better than they are today?

• Like Like x 1
    21. Jaysterk
      Blah

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Exactly. Tinnitus cure isn't some fancy quantum machine that defies laws of physics.

Although I feel like tinnitus and hyperacusis might be hard conditions to understand because of their neurological connections, it isn't impossible. I consider things like Alzheimer's harder to find a cure for.

• Agree Agree x 7
    22. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've been waiting for a tinnitus cure for almost 30 years. This has caused me to expect the worst, hope for the best. If something doesn't come around soon it's inconsequential to me either way.
      I have my doubts humanity will be around in another 100 years, at least not at modern levels of technology. The next decade or so is probably the last hurrah before we'll be too busy dealing with climate change, etc...

23. Street Novelist
      Depressed

Street Novelist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music through headphones
      The first patients were injected in October. That was approximately half a year ago. They must have results by now. Why are they still recruiting? Shouldn't the trial be closed?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    24. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      The trial was always set to end late this year at onset. Thus, it was probably was planned that there would be a stepped recruitment at different centers. They have even added some sites. They had never planned to release results now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Regenerative medicine has been proven in animals and in human explants. Phase 1 data suggests it has been proven in vivo, too. The warp drive analogy makes no sense in this context.

• Agree Agree x 5
    26. Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      At this point, any company that’s working towards offering relief is better than nothing. Yes, there are a lot of questions that still need to be answered but some of those answers won’t come until we each try FX-322.

27. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      It's a hearing regeneration therapy. Treating hearing loss is its primary goal. So yes. It will work for that, if it works at all.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    28. Jorge1984
      Wishful

Jorge1984 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thank you so much because I do have some slight hearing loss.

29. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      A few posts back it was suggested that ALL medical problems are solvable and the more people you throw at the problem, the faster those problems get solved. I still think this is naive. Yes, it helps to have it a higher priority but some problems are inherently difficult. Think of how much money has gone into cancer or muscular dystrophy. Why haven't they been completely cured? I think it's a source of comfort to some to think that the only hurdle to cross is resources.

30. FGG
      No Mood

FGG Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Look up Sarepta. We have come an *incredibly* long way with DMD. Boys with the worst mutations went skiing at an age in natural history where they shouldn't even be walking. Look up CAR T-Cell Therapy for cancer. Biotech is doing simply incredible things at the moment.

But, yes if your original point was simply some things (like time travel or medically with something like reversing complete anencephaly) would not be possible no matter what the resource, then sure. That's obviously true. But it doesn't belong in the context of regenerative medicine imo.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1