Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      Yes... The theory is if the hearing increased 10 dB at 8 kHz, maybe it did more at the higher frequencies since they are easier to access. Unfortunately in that study they did not test above 8 kHz. Most people lose these high frequencies first, 8 kHz and above, and that is usually where most people's tinnitus resides. So if we can get back those lost frequencies, it could help the many people with the higher pitched tinnitus.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After looking up Frequency Therapeutics' stock symbol FREQ, the only thing I see are class action lawsuits. Even if they have something that might work for some people, they could spend years and lots and lots of money defending themselves in court. It just isn't looking good for them, no matter how you slice it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      It’s too early to say but some anecdotes in the trial stated their tinnitus reduced in volume. I expect most of us to have tinnitus caused by high frequency hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Honestly, that could just be a subjective improvement because their improved hearing masks their tinnitus. I hope I'm wrong obviously.

5. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

Please, we already went through this months ago. Those are not lawsuits. Ambulance chaser law firms put ads seeking people in the trials, no one is suing FREQ.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There are going to be huge losses from investors due to the run up and then the subsequent drop. Most of those law firms will work for free in hopes of a big payday.

Investors will call them because it costs them nothing and they lost lots. Frequency Therapeutics will have to defend themselves and hire lawyers. That will cost money. They aren't there yet... but it is going to be expensive once these start to go to court.

This is totally going to cut into the money the company has remaining to continue the trials and pay their employees.

7. Diesel

Diesel Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      20+ Years of Live Music, Motorcycles, and Power Tools
      Yeah, those are all fishing expeditions/ambulance chasers. Not one of those firms has filed an actual suit, they’re “investigating” by trying to draw in heavy individual investors that are now holding the bag after the stock ranked. Rarely anything comes of these firms.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Diesel

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Isn’t that still an improvement method for tinnitus that doesn’t exist today?

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. kiki

kiki Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      There is no proof that hearing was regenerated.

However, there are no reports that it has not been possible.

The possibilities aren't gone.

If that is possible, an improved delivery method may also improve deeper, lower frequencies in the cochlea.

10. Keith Handy
      Ape-like

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + sleep deprivation + noise
      Tinnitus only exists as a subjective experience, so if it's perceived to be softer, it is softer.

• Agree Agree x 11
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Yeah! But in this case it probably won't help hyperacusis :(

12. Diesel

Tinnitus Since:
      1-2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      We don’t know that yet, and that’s a good thing.

Research seems to point to central gain due to damaged cochlea cells as a factor contributing to hyperacusis. If the signal is restored from regenerated hair cells, it might provide some relief.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    13. rei

rei Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 but not a problem till 10/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music spiked with lyme disease
      As a daily reader of this thread, that's what it looks like to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are right that they are just investigating, and the case could not even have any merit, but I've been through this before. These law firms have the paperwork all written up from the last case they put together. They find the most similar one, change some words, in some cases they even forget to edit some, then they file. It costs them very little and then FREQ needs to start lawyering up and it takes them lots of time and money to mount a defense. This is totally going to cut into their operating expenses at a certain point.

15. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

They're not investigating, they're fishing. If they had something, they would just sue, so why haven't they done so?

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      They aren't just fishing, they are collecting fish. Right now they are waiting for more people to contact them and just taking names of people and institutions that have lost money. They will tell the people that they do'nt have to pay anything and have nothing to lose and that they will recover some of their lost money. Once they have enough people, each firm will start the lawsuits. It is just a matter of time for each firm to get to the right amount to make it worth their time. Then the lawsuits will start. It is coming. Too much money has been lost by investors.

17. Exit

Exit Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      These law firms don’t work for free, especially suing biotechs. Time will tell but the biggest problem is the inefficient drug / delivery method...

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Right now they are all working for free. The number of law firms on this is pretty long. If they think there is a sizeable settlement to be had they will pursue it. Fishing is only the first step. If they do this to 10 companies and 2 pan out then they have won. It is common practice for them to do this. Again they have all the paperwork all ready to go from previous cases. It costs them very little to take this very far, but it will cost FREQ a lot to defend against it.

Agreed, the delivery method is still a factor.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    19. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Dude, I'm just pointing out your own logical contradictions. It's not my fault you can't see this. You summarized your take on FX-322 with a bullet-point list of heaping criticisms and then inexplicably said you were still satisfied with them "all things considered". That doesn't make any sense, meme response or no meme response from me. Nobody's denying that this is a hard nut to crack but "all things considered" is no reason to turn very little tangible results into a sense of "satisfaction".
      They should hire Zugzug as a lawyer with the "all things considered investors should be satisfied" defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. HootOwl

HootOwl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explanation in About You
      Holy shit Zug, you got promoted from evangelist to lawyer, and you didn't tell us? wtf man, we would have thrown you a party.

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    21. Zugzug

Zugzug Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Autoimmune hyperacusis from Sjogren's Syndrome
      Lol, this was my actual quote. I'm curious how you will misrepresent it.
      I bolded and underlined the part that is easy to comprehend. How can something not crossing the finish line yet contradict pleasing me thus far?

Your logic is insane. There's no intermediate steps. So when they were trying to land man on the moon, were there ever any moments of prolific aerospace engineering beforehand? Why can't intermediate steps please us? How is that a contradiction?

My message is pretty clear: Go scientists, management has fucked up, let's save this thing.

Also, I see that I've been promoted from unpaid Evangelist to lawyer so I'll take it for sure.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    22. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Problem with this discussion sometimes is that there is too much "nuance compression" for lack of a better term, and sometimes not even nuance but just logic. We need to keep all the bits and steps or we risk straw-manning arguments like yours.
      The skepticism and disillusionment of many posters is understandable but it's not over yet.

I do agree with your compressed message though and that embeds my hopes that this may still lead to a beginning of hearing regeneration. Go scientists! I had better hopes because the management looks scientifically savvy, but in the end it's the scientists in the trenches that are doing the fundamental work. I really hope the management wakes up. In this sense possible use of OAE tests is a good step forward in addition to audiograms and WR. I don't think you ever claimed audiograms and WR to be meaningless, rather incomplete and prone to errors and manipulations. Better trial design and OAE should improve this.

P.S. You are a renaissance man: mathematician, statistician, evangelist and lawyer. Leibniz is dying of envy

• Like Like x 4
    23. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      After hearing regeneration is available, let's do it. We can blast the speakers and if anyone experiences a noise injury, we can file a lawsuit against the speaker manufacturer. I will represent.

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    24. Zugzug

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If Leibniz is still alive, that's the real takeaway from this post lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    25. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Frequency Therapeutics won't have to actually do much to mount a defense in regards to the failed investment lawsuits. It is very difficult for anyone to prove that Frequency Therapeutics was willfully/wantedly negligent in their decisions and manner in which they conducted this trial. Therefore this might cost them some money in the short term, however their legal costs will certainly be recovered from a successful defense.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    26. athan86
      Angelic

athan86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Repetitive Strain Injury (probably)
      After reading as many pages of this thread as I could, I still have some questions:

1) How long will it take before FX-322 is available in the market?
      2) My tinnitus frequency is around 8,000 Hz. Is FX-322 effective for this frequency?
      3) In which stage of trials is FX-322 now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. ThomasRobert

ThomasRobert Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      Phase 1: currently being finalized
      Phase 2: we can expect it to start in December 2021, duration 1 year
      Phase 3: duration 1 year
      FDA: Apply for Approval (a few months)

If David and Team decides to go watch the World Cup FIFA December 2022 in Qatar, it might take a bit longer.
      Yes, so far it has shown that the drug reaches the 8,000 Hz.
      Finalizing Phase 1, about to start Phase 2.

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. wreni

wreni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/13
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Do we know whether or not FX-322 has shown any improvement in lower frequencies?

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Agreed that it won't be much, but they will still have to do it at a certain point. It just eats into the money the company has for trials, employees, etc. Frivolous lawsuits happen all the time. They won't be able to recover those costs though unless they can prove the lawyers had no case. Usually both sides agree to just let it go. The court cases could still go far even without a good case and once it gets to that point it will cost money on both sides. One user did mention that there were some big stock sales before the information went public so they could be looking into that as well.

30. ThomasRobert

ThomasRobert Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic
      I recall seeing a possibility for the drug reaching 6,000 Hz.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1