Frequency Therapeutics — Hearing Loss Regeneration

Discussion in 'Research News' started by RB2014, Dec 8, 2016.

1. serendipity1996
      No Mood

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown but suspect noise-induced
      There are closed captions.

2. Keith Handy
      Worried

Keith Handy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress + sleep deprivation + noise
      It's all subtitled.

3. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      I suggest you start by fast-forwarding to the middle. The beginning of it all is very chatty about interests and hobbies and so forth. It gets to the harder information and facts towards the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Was there any mention about when the severe hearing loss trial results would come out?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    5. tommyd87

tommyd87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tmj music
      Nothing related directly to the trials whatsoever.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 16 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Nope.

7. Joeseph Stope
      Innocent

Joeseph Stope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise? infection? negative stress? other?
      If I was to sum it all up, I would say it was PR. You know, public relations. Well what's wrong with that? Nothing. Nothing wrong with it at all. It's great that we have people like this fighting on our side. This lady was interviewing this guy for 28 minutes... about his previous education, what made him change from physics to audiology. The exciting challenge of how some creatures in nature can regenerate damaged organs but homo sapiens doesn't have this ability. How the discovery of "small molecules" is the big hope that things can change it all. I would call it a good video. Oh yes, there was a passage on how hearing impaired should communicate and cooperate in creating an environment where they can function well. But no info on trial results or such-like.

You might be reading between the lines that I'm still mulling over whether "The market" and "Free Enterprise" is the best, or let's say the only way to to tackle tinnitus research. No doubt the above is not a cheap low-cost video, it's professionally done. And let me say that if Frequency Therapeutics can "drive that mother home" then all is forgiven and forgotten. But if they can't manage it, then the question arises as to whether those millions and man-hours could be targeted better.

But what else can we do at the moment except wait and hope? Not many others are fighting for us.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    8. Street Novelist
      Depressed

Street Novelist Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music through headphones
      The clinical trial website was updated. It now says September as the end date of the trial. That's when I expect the results to come out.

• Informative Informative x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    9. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It helps raise awareness of the issue in the mainstream, but that's about it.

I'd also think a company that already has a stock ticker symbol should be more engaged in executing rather than cruising their way through softball PR interviews. PR of this sort is more deserving of small upstarts that have no backing whatsoever.