God Doesn't Exist. Well If He Did... He Would Help Me Bring to Justice the Person Who Assaulted Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by ChristopherD, Dec 24, 2017.

?

What would you do to obtain justice against the person who caused you tinnitus?

1. Seek legal justice... where and how in a third world country like Mexico?

2. Two eyes for an eye... let's all go blind.

3. Seek international justice... where?

4. Come out with an original response... I'd love to hear it since God doesn't seem to answer my call.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Please note the post above @Contrast which are some of the reasons for my comments to you.

Michael

2. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh but if the Earth is flat what happens at the edges of the Earth? Does the water fall off like in the Icelandic sagas?

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Please go to youtube. There you will find plenty of videos on the flat earth.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      1ufbho.jpg

Sorry, had to post that one because it makes me laugh everytime. No offense ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Anima

Anima Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma/metronidazole+kanamycin
      "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation. What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God, which there isn’t. I’m an atheist.” Stephen Hawking, dixit.

God is a matter that should only affect our intimate convictions. The really important, under my point of view, is that Christopher lives in a Country where Justice is almost non existent, and Mexico is not the only one, the list is too long and it should worry us all. Remember Bertolt Brecht poem?. Apparently, it’s far more important to discuss about the angel’s sex than the situation of distress that Christopher has to front after a violent attack that badly injured him.

Christopher, if you don’t want to give up, you can go to “Amnistía Internacional México” and ask for advice. My own Country is not an example of a real democracy (ultra Catholics are in the Government), despite being a member of EU, human rights are in danger, so I empathise with Christopher and I really hope that he can get the justice that every single human being deserves. Let’s don’t mix Reason with Faith, they are antagonistic, which means that they do not work well together and can cause additional side effects.

Be well, Christopher, and be strong and move forward.

6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Michael Leigh

I believe in accepting all those with emotional or physical pain. I also do not place any importance to disagree with you or anyone here, unless they are unable to understand emotional and physical pain. You understand human conditions so if you feel that the world if flat, that's find with me.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/think-different-jan-11/

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      I love conspiracy theories.
      As far as “God” goes I’m not sure?? I believe in something bigger than us, if anything.... I’ll get to see the people I’ve lost again. Faith can be such a powerful tool for people, helping them through hard times, guiding them.
      That being said, faith/religion causes so much hurt, war, death, restricts people to live their lives and in my personal experience down right bigotry. My issue is how people (not everybody) who preach about love and understanding and a God that loves all, then turn around and because you don’t fit in with their ideals/beliefs scold you. It’s so hypocritical it’s funny.

I could go on and on and but I won’t.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Nicola8478

Nicola8478 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      There’s so many factors to mine I wouldn’t know where to start. Mainly have to sue myself I think. All I can hope for now is help and strength to stand up and fight

9. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Getting back on topic... To the OP, let it go. Festering and harbouring anger will eat you up. It would be hard to prove.

And I've never heard of anyone getting Eustachian tube dysfunction after being yelled at.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh couldn't see any. You could always take a cruise to the end of the earth, video it and upload the footage to YouTube

• Funny Funny x 2
    11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      There are loads of videos at youtube. Just type Flat earth....

• Like Like x 1
    12. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have tried to believe in God, but I cannot. I have seen how belief in God can be such a comfort to people in their times of need. Their suffering is more tolerable because they believe they will be rewarded in heaven. They feel less alone in a hostile world. I thought if I went through the motions of religion, I would gradually build up belief. A "fake it til you make it" approach. But I just couldn't make myself believe no matter how hard I tried.

• Like Like x 2
    13. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't understand this belief in a flat earth. Not trying to argue or mock.

I understand belief in God (even though I am unable to believe) because there is no proof of God's nonexistence. There's logical proof, but no empirical proof, and logical proof doesn't have the same undeniable quality that empirical proof has.

But there is empirical proof that the earth is a globe. We have photographs taken from space. Here is a cool interactive website I found. Not proof, just a cool website.

https://www.echalk.co.uk/Science/physics/solarSystem/InteractiveEarth/interactiveEarth.html

I did look at a flat earth video that said the photos could be faked, but even if that were the case, we know that when it's daylight in the USA it's night in Australia and that can't be faked.

14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      There is no definite proof that the earth is a globe. Those pictures you have are composite photos which are made up. I was of the same belief that we live on a spinning ball but now have my doubts and believe we have been told lies to hide a bigger truth. Go to youtube and take your time to watch the videos and listen to the discussions....

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    15. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I'll admit, it's unlikely that I could believe such a theory, but it is interesting. I suppose what's most interesting about it is wondering why the powers that be would want to convince us the earth is a globe if it isn't.

16. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @SugarMagnolia To say that the earth is flat is used in a derogatory sense to mean anyone who holds ridiculously antiquated views. An example would be that one with tinnitus needs to wear noise blocking headphones all the time because all sound is bad.

• Like Like x 1
    17. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      um, your goofing on us, right?

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Surly you can hire some guys to go "talk" to the person who cause this.

19. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      But... Michael Leigh, that is precisely the model that you don't practice yourself. You don't have an open mind. At all. Anything that challenges your deluded belief system just gets rejected. Be it tinnitus or some other topic, like yeah, the flat Earth stuff. If anything, you are probably the most thick-headed stubborn mule this forum has ever had. Recently someone wrote the following about you in a post that has since been deleted:

upload_2018-4-5_17-16-7.png

Maybe you should take note. But I would guess with +99% certainty that you won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    20. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      origin unknow.2016 get worse because of work in armament lab
      Considering that religion, at least Christian, is based on the fear of God (see the story of Job) or on "turning the other cheek" could be considered that what happens to us is a test of God ... So, definitely God can exist and you can be suffering. Even it is probable that according to the religion you should forgive the person who hurt your ear
      I clarify that I am not a great believer, at least I do not believe in institutionalized religion.
      I understand your point, I just wanted to emphasize that it seems contradictory

21. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      As sad as it is to see someone who still believes in literal lies like the world is flat, the good news is that these nutty religious types are all on the way out. Most guys and girls in my age bracket are really wary of dating anyone who is religious because they know they're going to be forced to deal with all the craziness that comes with that sort of mindset. Just like the tribal religions, Egyptian religions, Greek/Roman gods/mythology, we are already seeing a massive exodus from the major religions of Islam/Christianity/Judiasm just like those others. Soon they'll be in the mythology books where they belong.

• Agree Agree x 5
    22. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

so...
      your source: youtube

• Funny Funny x 3
    23. fran dana
      No Mood

fran dana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      postmodernism at its best

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Michael Leigh currently enjoying a nice relaxing afternoon of fishing on TT

Fishing-4.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    25. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      • Agree Agree x 2
    26. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      • Like Like x 2
    27. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Dear God
      Send me my Dream woman and a Nissan GTR
      Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    28. Agrajag364

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yeah not even sure about that

29. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You can believe it @Agrajag364 I'm having quite a relaxing time living by the sea. However, I look considerably younger than @threefirefour's depiction of me as @glynis will hopefully confirm without giving too much away, as I prefer to remain incognito. She is the only person to see me online...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    30. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      • Like Like x 2